What's new

Travel Channel Star

Intricks

Strata Poster
It seems as though the Travel Channel is trying to find the "Next Big Star" and is housing an online audition competition in order to find him or her. Now, while this would normally be off the site, I find it interesting that an enthusiast is trying out for this.

Titled "Thoosie on the Loose", it would follow an American Enthusiast by the name of Rocco Casella as he travels the states (not sure if it would just be stateside) to hit a range of parks like the biggest and baddest down to the small mom&pop type places that are off the beaten path.

Ontol of this, he would also explain just what an Enthusiast is, showcase some of them (I think?), give behind the scene tours and details of how a ride progress from a concept to reality, and even get some of the "celebrity" enthusiasts a chance on air (again, not sure he means an actual celebrity, or someone of infamy within the industry).

It looks interesting, and ECG makes a random appearance in his audition tape. So vote for it I guess?

http://www.travelchannel.com/shows/travel-channel-star/gallery

I am mobile unfortunately and unsure of how to embed a direct link to his tape straight from my phone.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
It would be great if you could vote for Rocco, but unfortunately his submission has been removed (even though you can still watch it in the link Intricks posted). :(
Apparently enthusiasts don't like being called "Thoosies" and petitioned the Travel Channel to disqualify Rocco.

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
I have never heard of that term used before to describe a enthusiast and I honestly hate it. Its not so much I would vote to have his submission removed but definitely would of just said enthusiast instead of "thoosie".

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
First time I've heard the term thoosie. Sorry to hear Travel Channel lifted the video rather than let the popular vote ride out (it is a poll of their own creation after all).

Honestly, compared to "junkie", "goon", and "fanboy" - thoosie sounds a bit more endearing! :roll:

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
The Travel Channel has sent Rocco an apology email and added the video back in, but there's no more voting or view counts (Rocco was leading in voting and 2nd in views). The producers are going to choose the 5 best to move into the next round instead of the fans' favorites.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
That's good to hear his video was put back up. No harm, no fowl.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Hope Rocco Makes it through. I wouldn't be surprised if a specific legion of enthusiasts were the ones who complained as the video didn't include someone.

(yeah i tried to make this as innocuous as possible while still getting the point across.)

Snoo

The Legend
I'd like to see that from Rocco as I've met him and spent some time with him and he's a good guy.

I do laugh at how petty some people can be. When some major players have a grudge.. it comes out in the saddest ways.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
It wasn't the person people seem to think it was. It was apparently members of ACE and Coaster Crew.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^That's a shock. ACE usually seem so full of joie de vivre.

peep

CF Legend
That's an odd term and sounds weird. Still it looked like he would make a good presenter. Shame some people have to ruin it.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Probably. There aren't that many thoosies named Rocco. :wink: