What's new

Tower Ride for BGW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMonster

Giga Poster
According to Screamscape, Busch Gardens Williamsburg has applied for "a height waver to build a new 'tower' style attraction, 'not to exceed 260 feet above ground level'."

Supposedly, it's going to be like Mystery Castle at Phantasialand, where its indoors with special effects and stuff. Sounds pretty neat.

In other news, there's a contest for the best model coaster made out of pretzels! :p

Snoo

The Legend
Awesome. One thing the Busch parks have been missing is a good drop ride. I can see where they wouldn't want one that isn't aesthetically pleasing.. such as the Intamin beauties.. but a Tower of Terror type of ride would be epic.

andrus

Giga Poster
I mentioned this a while back, but then I got slated because screamscape wasn't a "legit" source.. But oh well, I think this is going to happen and I think it's great news :--D

In terms of the attraction itself, I don't hope it's the same type as Mystery Castle. To be honest I found that ride a little bit disappointing. It's very impressive aestheticaly but the ride is forceless compared to regular intamin drop towers.. Haven't been on Tower of Terror though, so can't say anything of that.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Ben said:
If this were to be a Mystery Castle, that park would be PERFECTION.

This...

BGE is awesome enough (although it did lose points with shutting BBW), and another Mystery Castle would just make it even more awesome...

madhjsp

Giga Poster
This is great news! I've always felt that the one thing BGE has truly lacked was a drop tower ride, and I could never figure out why.

I bet they put this in the Oktoberfest area. Could they finally be putting all that vacant space from Drachen Fire to use?

10WaTT

Hyper Poster
I just found out this ride is open to the public, I would link a source but I'm on my phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.