What's new

Toverland's Expansion Plan

Markiewong

Roller Poster
Given that Fenix is supposed to be up and running again in time for Halloween, they’re not really putting one of the flats inside that helix, are they? It’d have to go up really fast.

And I see they’re filling in parts of the lake to the north. I was wondering when I stood near that lake two weeks back wether they were going (or were able) to do anything with that area. Guess that confirms they can and will.
Fenix will only be open for the Halloween month and the Christmas vacation. After the christmas vacation it will close enough until probably something like the spring vacation.

The attraction in the middle of the helix is rumoured to be a Gerstlauer Sky Fly based on the permits.

Efteldingus

Mega Poster
IMG_20220914_160049.jpg

Toverland has posted the fourth teaser, quite an interesting one this. The text is written upside down, and when the image is viewed upside down you will read the exact coordinates of the centre of Fenix' helix. Gerst SkyFly sounds like it would fit the bill, would it fit in the helix though?

Christian

Hyper Poster
That helix is big so it might fit a Gerst Sky Fly. Or it could be a Gert Sky Roller. Or a Zamperla Air Race.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Haha, there wasn't even a cred at all! :(

That Sky Fly looks excellent though.

Rupert

Mega Poster
Pixarus:
2. Pixarus_concept_v2.jpg
This looks so good! Incredible they were able to fit it in - it’ll be such a dynamic viewing experience for non-riders and those in the queue, not to mention great for those on it especially if the timing works out with a coaster train passing.

I wonder how long this has been in the planning - for example did Toverland say to B&M, “hey can you make the helix slightly wider, we’d love to fit a flat ride in their in future seasons!”. Such a well put-together area, congrats to the park.

cookie

Giga Poster
This should make Avalon a lot more lively, at least. Even on a busy Saturday three weeks ago I noticed the area was very sparse with crowds compared to the rest of the park. Fenix was never longer than a station wait.

That Sky Fly is gonna look gorgeous in the dark, though, I can just feel it.

Last edited:

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
I just wonder what the capacity of the Sky Fly attraction is?

If I roughly make a calculation myself, I come to this:
One ride cycle takes about 2 to 3 minutes (add 1 to 2 minutes in/out per ride, so 3 to 5 minutes per cycle.

In that case, min. 12 to max. 20 cycles can take place in an hour.

👉 That is 12 to 20 ride cycles with only 12 people per cycle = 144 to 240 people/hour.

It's a rough calculation but that's very low... Its' a very nice en beautiful expansion, except for the Sky Fly imho.

peep

CF Legend
The location of that skyfly plus the theming is actually incredible. I don't think I'd worry too much about the capacity, most people tend to stand and watch rather than ride these things (although I think Epic Universe building two is an interesting choice).

I still haven't visited Tover since they added Avalon so I hope to see it soon with all these nice additions.

Fluorineer

Mega Poster
I just wonder what the capacity of the Sky Fly attraction is?

If I roughly make a calculation myself, I come to this:
One ride cycle takes about 2 to 3 minutes (add 1 to 2 minutes in/out per ride, so 3 to 5 minutes per cycle.

In that case, min. 12 to max. 20 cycles can take place in an hour.

👉 That is 12 to 20 ride cycles with only 12 people per cycle = 144 to 240 people/hour.

It's a rough calculation but that's very low... Its' a very nice en beautiful expansion, except for the Sky Fly imho.

What exactly is the problem here? Sky Flys may have low capacity, but they are also not crowdpleasers. Maximus' Blitz Bahn attracts 45 minute queues every day because it's a very nice middle-ground ride everybody wants to go on. A Sky Fly on the other hand has a pretty niche target audience: people who like lots of inversions. They're quite similar to Top Spins in that regard, which also almost never attract long queues.

Right now, Toverland is advertising the playground at Avalon as an official attraction, so I am glad to see these expansion plans.

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
What exactly is the problem here? Sky Flys may have low capacity, but they are also not crowdpleasers. Maximus' Blitz Bahn attracts 45 minute queues every day because it's a very nice middle-ground ride everybody wants to go on. A Sky Fly on the other hand has a pretty niche target audience: people who like lots of inversions. They're quite similar to Top Spins in that regard, which also almost never attract long queues.

Right now, Toverland is advertising the playground at Avalon as an official attraction, so I am glad to see these expansion plans.
I want to see that first.

With a Top Spin like Talocan you don't choose to go upside down 11 times.

With a Sky Fly you choose whether you go over or not. So the consideration I have is whether visitors want to do the attraction without making inversions because then the waiting time can increase. :)

dontbesuchamcbr

Roller Poster
I am glad that I could experienced Avalon without that expansion. Avalon looked so great wothout people and rides. Like a real fantasy world.

But I know a theme park needs rides, otherwise its pointless.

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
Looks fantastic. I'm surprised the clearance is there to put the Sky Fly in the middle of the helix.

Only thing I'm not a huge fan of is the metal walkways sticking out from the parachute tower. Perhaps that could be covered up more with decoration.

skywlkr92

Roller Poster
Something else might be coming. German YouTuber Ride Review said they will be back with more Toverland attraction news on Sunday after they visit