What's new

Toverland - Booster bike re-theme circa 2015

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
I came across an interesting find during my random theme park searchings, It is what appears to be an in-depth design proposal for a re-theme of Toverlands booster-bike coaster, the weakest and least themed coaster at the park - I hope something like this will happen in the near future now that Avalon is open, let's hope the park bring some of their weaker-links up-to-standard, which they have a history of doing (turning their old powered bobsleigh into Blitzbahn for example).

Unsure whether this is an official design proposal or a 'college project' type thing - either way, it's pretty interesting, and dated 2015, around the time Magic Valley was newly complete.

The re-theme looks like an attempt to fit it into the adjacent magic valley area, which makes sense - with the name 'escape the woods'

Scroll to the end of this document for visual designs - I LOVE the seat designs! OH and Its All in Dutch!!

https://issuu.com/stonesweepwagon/docs/escape_the_woods_-_final_-_12-01

Last edited:
I definitely would like this to be the 2020 edition for Toverland. Maybe as a Magic Valley attraction but also, could be its own mini area as a backstory to Magic Valley

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I feel like they've gone through a few different concepts of re-theming Booster Bike and then ended up not doing anything. I do wonder if they'll remove it in a few years to make the space between the new and old areas flow better.
I think this is the most likely outcome in reality. The ride is 15 years old, and clearly past it's best (maybe even it's service life as the 'prototype'? - certainly feels like it!), so a re-theme could prove to be a bit of a money-pit if the ride hardware itself is giving up.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
How long is a typical coaster's service life? I know some types of Mack Rides coasters can "live" up to 80 years, according to their website. And we all know how old some woodies are around the world.

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
Well their original Vekoma Boomerang/'Tover express' roller skater is 18 years old. Colorado Adventure is 23 years old, vogal rok is 21 years etc so I don't think it's necessarily the case that age and Vekoma don't mix - IF maintained! Also look what Efteling did for Python recently!

I do agree it could go either way, remove VS retheme - and that we'll see that decision sooner rather than later. I agree if the park was owned by different management it would be doomed, But considering Toverland are very on-board with their re-investing/'up-theming', It could very well go down the re-theme route.

If it's kept the hardware/track needs looking at too - riding it a week or so ago its pretty rattly!