What's new

Top 10(ish): 2024 Edition - page 124

Matt N

CF Legend
When you turn 18, I'm going to pay for you to fly to Ohio and visit Kennywood, Kings Island, and CP to get you to 100. KILLING ME SON!
My parents have said they'll take me to Europa Park as an 18th birthday present (a big bucket list park of mine), which currently has 13 operating credits and counting, so that should get me some way towards 100! I've set myself the target of wanting to get to 100 before the age of 20, so I want to get 100 creds just as much as you want me to!

But thanks for the offer, by the way! ;)

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I'd love to, but I'm not sure if my parents would want to drive that far away from Europa!
Mate when you’re 18, got a job, and discover the Ryanair Airbnb super combo, you’ll be hitting up those European parks for the same prices as an average trip to a UK park ;)

2 days at Liseberg £80
3 days at Portaventura / Ferari £120
2 days at Phantasialand £80

Flights and accomocation and using BPB and PL annual passes to help with park entry costs :)

I’ve had flights to Cologne for £4.99 before!!! And have never paid more than £36 for a return flight within Europe. Just gotta check Ryanair website for sales every day!

I love that Ryanair / Airbnb combo so much I have travelled on my own, something I never would have dreamed of a few years ago.

For example, just done a quick look, and instantly found Manchester - Cologne 16th - 19th return for £25.98 and Airbnb for £80 in Bruhl... That’s £105.98 for 3 days at Phantasialand, Travel, Accomodation and obviously it does help to have my Phantasialand Premium Pass for entry... :)

88A7447D-0A69-4B5D-BEBB-9B568B6458F0.jpeg C70DBD19-6E01-4FA6-B209-C442D3EEB5EE.jpeg

Last edited:

TPC

Roller Poster
My top 15 (Only done 40 credits)

1. Shambhala - PortAventura
2. Wicker Man - Alton Towers
3. Stealth - Thorpe Park
4. Th13teen - Alton Towers
5. Saw: the Ride - Thorpe Park
6. Furius Baco - PortAventura
7. Oblivion - Alton Towers
8. Nemesis Inferno - Thorpe Park
9. THE SWARM - Thorpe Park
10. Dragon's Fury - Chessington
11. Nemesis - Alton Towers
12. Munich Looping - Winter Wonderland
13. Red Force - Ferrari Land
14. Stampida (Blue side) - PortAventura
15. Big Thunder Mountain - Disneyland Paris

Matt N

CF Legend
Mate when you’re 18, got a job, and discover the Ryanair Airbnb super combo, you’ll be hitting up those European parks for the same prices as an average trip to a UK park ;)

2 days at Liseberg £80
3 days at Portaventura / Ferari £120
2 days at Phantasialand £80

Flights and accomocation and using BPB and PL annual passes to help with park entry costs :)

I’ve had flights to Cologne for £4.99 before!!! And have never paid more than £36 for a return flight within Europe. Just gotta check Ryanair website for sales every day!

I love that Ryanair / Airbnb combo so much I have travelled on my own, something I never would have dreamed of a few years ago.

For example, just done a quick look, and instantly found Manchester - Cologne 16th - 19th return for £25.98 and Airbnb for £80 in Bruhl... That’s £105.98 for 3 days at Phantasialand, Travel, Accomodation and obviously it does help to have my Phantasialand Premium Pass for entry... :)

View attachment 5287 View attachment 5288
Wow! I never knew you could get them that cheap; thanks for the tips @Nicky Borrill!

Dan Nguyen

Roller Poster
1. Skyrush - Its been a while since I've ridden but I remember being legit terrified by this thing. Nothing's beat it since.
2. Intimidator 305 - Most intense coaster I've ridden by far. Strong positive G's, great laterals, and an interesting mix of air really puts this ride over the top
3. Fury 325 - A first drop that lasts forever coupled with an exceptionally long and airtime filled layout. The helix in the middle is a little odd but its a great ride nevertheless
4. Twisted Timbers - My first RMC and a doozy to boot. Probably one of the best paced rides I've ever ridden.
5. El Toro - My favorite wooden coaster of all time. A terrifyingly steep first drop, some fantastic ejector air hills followed up by the legendary Rolling Thunder hill and a pretty forceful ending
6. Twisted Cyclone - I wish it was longer. The elements this ride has are still fantastic in their own right though
7. Storm Runner - An incredible launch coaster. Its really short but it packs so much into that tiny layout. Flying snake dive is one of my all time favorite inversions
8. Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit - The most underrated coaster I've ridden. Has some of the best airtime in all of Florida and the soundtrack really enhances the ride.
9. Fahrenheit - A smoother version of Rockit with inversions. Its a little short and the line is dreadful though
10. Batwing - I hope SFA can find a permanent fix to this fantastic ride. Its basically the flying equivalent to your standard Batman clone.

Honorable mentions
11. Revenge of the Mummy (Florida)
12. Apollo's Chariot
13. Mine Blower
14. Mako
15. Mindbender (Georgia)
16. Goliath (South)
17. Stealth (Thorpe Park)
18. Superman: Ride of Steel (SFA)
19. Kingda Ka
20. Nighthawk

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Updated

1: Steel Vengeance
2: Wicked Cyclone
3: The Voyage
4: Fury 325
5: Millennium Force
6-10:
Storm Chaser, Skyrush, Phoenix, El Toro, Maverick

Honorable mention:
Boulder Dash, Mystic TImbers, Lightning Run, Kumba, I305

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
So I decided to go full hipster and do away with the numerical ranking system for my coasters. Instead, I have 'tiers' that have coasters that can move amongst themselves in the rankings. So here's my "S Tier" rankings I have(which is the closest thing to a Top 10 I have)...

Edward M

Strata Poster
3. Space Mountain (WDW)

giphy.gif

Always nice to see someone else highly ranking Space Mountain, also like Kumba sticking around!

Alex B

Mega Poster
My top 10 (the more i think bout it)
1. el toro
2. steel vengeance
3.Maverick
4.Gatekeeper (the suprise of my CP trip)
5.Hydra the revenge
6.millenium force
7.dragster
8. kingda ka
9.Bizzaro(Gadv)
10.nitro

Honourable mentions include: space mountain,batman the ride,magnum xl-200,hydrus, and raptor

Bedholm

Roller Poster
Another big road trip in the US is complete. Surprisingly my top 10 went unchanged. I definitely thought SV was going to be a top 5 coaster if not my #1, but I guess not. Red coasters are new to me, blue are coasters that moved up, and green for ones that moved down. Trimless Voyage was so good this year that ranking it all based on any of the night rides seems unfair thus the 0 ranking.
0. Trimless Voyage
1. Expedition GeForce
2. El Toro
3. Voyage
4. Skyrush
5. Taron
6. Wildfire
7. Helix
8. Phoenix
9. Lightning Rod
10. Piraten
11. Intimidator 305
12. Steel Vengeance
13. Hyperion
14. Maverick
15. Twisted Colossus
16. iSpeed
17. Fury 325
18. Millennium Force
19. Montu
20. Nemesis
21. Shambhala
22. X2
23. Rampage
24. Balder
25. Lech Coaster

Geeky Pastimes

Mega Poster
Another big road trip in the US is complete. Surprisingly my top 10 went unchanged. I definitely thought SV was going to be a top 5 coaster if not my #1, but I guess not. Red coasters are new to me, blue are coasters that moved up, and green for ones that moved down. Trimless Voyage was so good this year that ranking it all based on any of the night rides seems unfair thus the 0 ranking.
0. Trimless Voyage
1. Expedition GeForce
2. El Toro
3. Voyage
4. Skyrush
5. Taron

Out of your whole list I love everything you've mentioned (that I've ridden) except for El Toro. Not sure if it was something wrong with it the day we went (it was raining a lot most of the day) but I really didn't like the second half at all. I need to get Skyrush and Voyage done I think.

Rupert

Mega Poster
Out of your whole list I love everything you've mentioned (that I've ridden) except for El Toro. Not sure if it was something wrong with it the day we went (it was raining a lot most of the day) but I really didn't like the second half at all.
I kind of agree in that I didn't find it as incredible as it is often said to be, but still find it Very Good including enjoying the second half. Overall I considerably prefer Balder though which I didn't expect.

Coaster Cinema

Mega Poster
1. Fury 325 - Carowinds
2. Lightning Rod - Dollywood
3. El Toro - Six Flags Great Adventure
4. Voyage - Holiday World
5. Millennium Force - Cedar Point
6. Phantom's Revenge - Kennywood
7. Storm Chaser - Kentucky Kingdom
8. Twisted Timbers - Kings Dominion
9. Skyrush - Hersheypark
10. Twisted Colossus - Six Flags Magic Mountain

exodus

Roller Poster
1) Banshee
2) Ghostrider
3) Steel Vengeance
4) Fury 325
5) Twisted Colossus
6) Iron Rattler
7) Mystic Timbers
8) Incredible Hulk
9) X2
10) Mako

All very personal (some likely laughable) opinions, based on overall experiences instead of any real objective analysis. For example, I fully recognize that I’m just being petty toward Steel Vengeance because I only rode it once that day and was pissed off about the line and the locker policy.

I am also cautiously optimistic that this list will change in the next few days after going to Dollywood, Holiday World, and King’s Dominion for the first time.