What's new

Top 10(ish): 2024 Edition - page 124

Matt N

CF Legend
It's rather frustrating because I'm just going to miss it. As a result, I'm looking to get 300 at whatever new American/Canadian park I can get to this year. Six Flags Great America looks most likely, but I could also find my way Kennywood beforehand. Prices for flights from NY to Pittsburgh are rather attractive. However, there's also the temptation of Toronto and Canada's Wonderland with its legal weed and alcohol at 18. So many options!!
Oh dear, how gutting! Thankfully, the USA has a wide array of options for milestones; Maxx Force or Steel Curtain would certainly make good ones if you visit SFGAm or Kennywood as you said above!

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
1. Helix
2. Taron
3. Wildfire
4. Hyperion
5. Karnan
6. Icon
7. Lost Gravity
8. Balder
9. Katun

Hyperion comes in at number 4, my top 5 are essentially separated by tiny little things that are interchangeable depending on my mood. The coaster itself was pretty special, it’s the tallest I’ve been on so the drop was pretty special, as was the airtime and rest of the layout.

As @caffeine_demon said Lech was a little too intense for me, it was an outstanding ride but not one that I could fully enjoy because of the amount of force and the vest restraints. Remove the vests and it could theoretically make top 10 but curently it probably sits in my Top 20

1Helix
2Steel Vengeance*
3Taron
4The Voyage*
5Karnan
6Wildfire
7Hyperion
8Hades 360*
9Storm Chaser*
10Lightning Run*
11Maverick*
12Diamondback*
13Balder
14Mystic Timbers*
15Goliath*
16Phantoms Revenge*
17Renegade*
18Katun
19Ispeed
20Lost Gravity

Updates following my trip to the states.

Matt N

CF Legend
Anything in particular?! I'm assuming Hades 360 and Lightning Run ?
Yes, those were some of the ones! I was also a tad surprised to see SteVe at #2 given how everyone seems to rave about it like it's the second coming; most who ride it have it at #1!

Actually, I must admit that Hades 360 doesn't surprise me too much given your opinion on the apparently very rough Bandit!

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
You finally got your first B&M hyper!

I can only assume this is tongue in cheek as its known to be one of the worst hypers ;) it was, however, my 2nd hyper with my first being Raging Bull. I've done 4 B&M Hypers/ Gigas and Diamondback was by far the best of them all.

Raging Bull = Trimmed to death
Behemoth = Trimmed to death
Leviathan = Good but too short and trimmed
Diamondback = No trims and the best airtime of the bunch

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Yes, those were some of the ones! I was also a tad surprised to see SteVe at #2 given how everyone seems to rave about it like it's the second coming; most who ride it have it at #1!

Actually, I must admit that Hades 360 doesn't surprise me too much given your opinion on the apparently very rough Bandit!

Tbf Hades wasn't that rough but it absolutely hauls through the tunnel and that in itself is a pretty unique experience! SteVe was insane and beats any other coaster for airtime twice over but until I get a re ride on Helix its not moving from my top spot.

Matt N

CF Legend
Tbf Hades wasn't that rough but it absolutely hauls through the tunnel and that in itself is a pretty unique experience! SteVe was insane and beats any other coaster for airtime twice over but until I get a re ride on Helix its not moving from my top spot.
Ah right. Thanks for the clarification @Chris Brown! Hades definitely seems very polarising; some love it, whereas others find it horrific!

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
My favorite B&M Hyper (their name for the model line, not the classification) Coasters, ranked:

1. Fury 325
2. Goliath (Six Flags Over Georgia)
3. Mako
4. Apollo's Chariot
5. Diamondback
6. Intimidator (Carowinds)

Edward M

Strata Poster
The adventure continues with yet another solid addition! Taron is the s*** (obvs), and I was able to get about 15 rides on it because Taron ERT is even more the s***. Three consecutive front row rides without leaving my seat?!? Ummm, yas please. I must say though, it's so odd to see all these great coasters dropping down my rankings. I used to give so much weight to a top 10, and all these coasters that seem to "deserve" to be there simply aren't. Well, only one more park to go, Untamed here I come!

1. Steel Vengeance
  2. Lightning Rod
  3. Helix
  4. Taron
  5. Skyrush
  6. Outlaw Run
  7. X2
  8. Voyage
  9. El Toro
  10. Wildfire
  11. Superman SFNE
  12. Fury 325
  13. Boulder Dash
  14. Maverick
  15. Phoenix
  16. Space Mountain WDW
  17. Storm Chaser
  18. Kumba
  19. Twisted Cyclone
  20. Wicked Cyclone
  21. Shambhala
  22. Top Thrill Dragster
  23. Iron Rattler
  24. Millennium Force
  25. Kawasemi

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The adventure continues with yet another solid addition! Taron is the s*** (obvs), and I was able to get about 15 rides on it because Taron ERT is even more the s***. Three consecutive front row rides without leaving my seat?!? Ummm, yas please. I must say though, it's so odd to see all these great coasters dropping down my rankings. I used to give so much weight to a top 10, and all these coasters that seem to "deserve" to be there simply aren't. Well, only one more park to go, Untamed here I come!

1. Steel Vengeance
  2. Lightning Rod
  3. Helix
  4. Taron
  5. Skyrush
  6. Outlaw Run
  7. X2
  8. Voyage
  9. El Toro
  10. Wildfire
  11. Superman SFNE
  12. Fury 325
  13. Boulder Dash
  14. Maverick
  15. Phoenix
  16. Space Mountain WDW
  17. Storm Chaser
  18. Kumba
  19. Twisted Cyclone
  20. Wicked Cyclone
  21. Shambhala
  22. Top Thrill Dragster
  23. Iron Rattler
  24. Millennium Force
  25. Kawasemi
Yes mate! Glad to see you loving our European creds!

exodus

Roller Poster
Been a very good trip; still got Busch Williamsburg tomorrow, but I don’t expect any there to crack my top ten, so this is where it stands now, with Fury moving up to #1 where it probably always should’ve been and asterisks denoting the new rides this trip.

1) Fury 325^
2) Intimidator 305*
3) Lightning Rod*
4) Voyage*
5) Banshee
6) Ghostrider
7) Steel Vengeance (probably goes up to 3 or 4 when I get to re-ride it and am in a better mood, honestly)
8) Twisted Colossus
9) Iron Rattler
10) Mystic Timbers
11) Hulk
12) X2

I’ve developed some RMC fatigue on this trip, so I could see Colossus or Rattler falling out of the top ten with re-rides.

EthC

Mega Poster
1.Taron
2. Wildfire
3. Shambhala
4. The Joker
5. Twisted Colossus
6. Tonnere De Zeus
7. Hyperion
8. Lost Gravity
9. Wodan
10. Joris En De Draak

New in Bold
I love both Wildfire and Taron, but taron takes it because i prefer the restraints as Wildfire gave me some mean thigh bruises and its very draining to reride, although i did anyway ?? Taron I could ride all day and not be tired and the restraints are better so it keeps the top spot for me!

Geeky Pastimes

Mega Poster
1.Taron
2. Wildfire
3. Shambhala
4. The Joker
5. Twisted Colossus
6. Tonnere De Zeus
7. Hyperion
8. Lost Gravity
9. Wodan
10. Joris En De Draak

New in Bold
I love both Wildfire and Taron, but taron takes it because i prefer the restraints as Wildfire gave me some mean thigh bruises and its very draining to reride, although i did anyway Taron I could ride all day and not be tired and the restraints are better so it keeps the top spot for me!
I really like this list and it makes me think I need to get on the Joker and Hyperion, I love all of the ones I've been on (although I still prefer Twisted Colossus to Wildfire mostly because I love duelling coasters).

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

EthC

Mega Poster
I really like this list and it makes me think I need to get on the Joker and Hyperion, I love all of the ones I've been on (although I still prefer Twisted Colossus to Wildfire mostly because I love duelling coasters).

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Unfortunately Twisted Colossus we rode about 10 times over 2 days and it duelled once, that and it took literally forever on both lift hills is the reason why I prefer the other 2 RMCS personally.

Niles

Giga Poster
Unfortunately Twisted Colossus we rode about 10 times over 2 days and it duelled once, that and it took literally forever on both lift hills is the reason why I prefer the other 2 RMCS personally.

Same here, i went on it 4 time so had 8 chances to duel and i only got one goodish duel, its my least favourite RMC

TBF the only outer ones ive done are Steel V, Lighting Rod and Storm chaser so it had hard competition☺

Edward M

Strata Poster
Two rides on Untamed and a nasty sunburn later, the top ten changes for the final time (this trip). I'll save going into detail for my trip report, but I found it to be RMC's most unpredictable layout. Oh ya, and that inversion rides just as good as it looks. I stretched out the list all the way to 35, cause I did quite like Goliath. Been a great trip, as the changes to the top ten(eleven) shows! However, learning about these countries' culture and spending time in the cities were the real highlight of the trip. That or Klugheim.
  1. Steel Vengeance
  2. Lightning Rod
  3. Helix
  4. Taron
  5. Skyrush
  6. Outlaw Run
  7. X2
  8. Voyage
  9. Untamed
  10. El Toro
  11. Wildfire
  12. Superman SFNE