What's new

Top 10(ish): 2024 Edition - page 124

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
Haven’t been on a huge amount but out of the pathetic number of parks I’ve been to (and in no particular order):

Montu
Cheetah Hunt
Nemesis
Shambhala
Revenge of the Mummy
The Incredible Hulk
Space Mountain
Vliegende Hollander
The Flying Fish
Mini Apple
^ This meagre list was before my recent European trip. My new top 10, in order, is as follows. Rides 1-6 are all elite and I can appreciate anyone ranking them in a different order... riding them all again may shuffle their placings!

1 - Lech Coaster (I had a legendary riding session on this - perfect)

2 - Hyperion (breathtaking speed and height - super top tier.... in the right seat)

3 - Zadra (would be the top spot but the restraints were a little awkward for me)

4 - Expedition GeForce (wild and intense)

5 - Shambhala (comfy and graceful dreamy floater machine)

6 - Taron (super twisty and long - much better in the front row for the visual feast)

7 - Incredible Hulk (the launch and the first part over the lake are both outstanding - when you’re on this ride, you know you’re on holiday)

8 - Montu (elite B&M inverted classic)

9 - Nemesis (intense and forceful - the first half still holds up to this day)

10 - Wodan (out of control and surprising - great fun)

See my recent trip report for expanded thoughts!

Last edited:

James F

Hyper Poster
^ This meagre list was before my recent European trip. My new top 10, in order, is as follows. Rides 1-6 are all elite and I can appreciate anyone ranking them in a different order... riding them all again may shuffle their placings!

1 - Lech Coaster

2 - Hyperion

3 - Zadra

4 - Expedition GeForce

5 - Shambhala

6 - Taron

7 - Incredible Hulk

8 - Montu

9 - Nemesis

10 - Wodan
Cool to see that Zadra, Hyperion and Lech Coaster are up there! I'm going to Poland in October if covid allows. I'll eventually get round to Expedition GeForce

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
Cool to see that Zadra, Hyperion and Lech Coaster are up there! I'm going to Poland in October if covid allows. I'll eventually get round to Expedition GeForce

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk
Yeah they were all sublime - as I added in my edit, check out my trip report for expanded thoughts. With any luck you’ll be there in October!! :)

Trax

Hyper Poster
Upon returning from Finland, I have to make some adjustments in the list. The texts are mostly copied from my last post, changes are marked.

1. Hyperion @ Energylandia: Were do I start? The best first drop, the best airtime moments, the best turnaround, the best restraints, good intensity and a grin guaranteed. It's not flawless, the outer seats are quite rough and the floater hill + overbanked are boring, but the rest more then makes up for this. Damn, I am looking forward to september, when I am able to ride this beauty again.

2. Zadra @ Energylandia: I actually switched it with Hyperion here. The night ride on Zadra was probably the best ride I ever had on any coaster, but I have a hard time to put a coaster on my number 1 spot because of 1 special ride. Still an amazing beast though. It's biggest weakness are the terrible restraints with their even worse shinguards. Terrible construction here, and the biggest issue with any RMC. Put a good train on it, and it would be no. 1.

3. Taiga @ Linnanmäki: Take Taron, put it on the side of a mountain, increase its intensity and let a drunk guy redesign the layout and you get Taiga. This ride has several WTF-Intamin moments and has a great flow with little to no weaknesses. Really makes me think if I should still call Helix a world class ride, as it fits right in the middle between my number 2 (5 stars) and 4 (4,5 stars). Easily the best Launch coaster I have ever done and simply world class. I would switch my Intamin next door anytime for this beauty.

4. Helix @ Liseberg: (was #3) I had high expectations, and it delivered. "Only" a 4,5 star ride for me, but still an amazing ride. Not as smooth as you'd expect from Mack, but great layout, and great airtime moments. I can't decide on my favourite element, as they are mostly all great.
As I see it quite a bit behind Taiga, I might need to reconsider it's 4,5 stars).

5. Icon @ Blackpool Pleasure Beach Although not the most intense ride, I really enjoyed it. The entry into the Top Hat actually made me see stars, but the rest is not close to this intensity. It still has plenty of great moments and suprised me in many places.

6. Monster @ Walygator This ride can really hurt you, because it is really intense in places. I'd call it my alltime number 2 in terms of intensity (no. 1 being Lech coaster prior to the wheel cooling). The final helix really hurts you legs because it keeps pushing you in the seat. But damn I like love this craziness and intensity. Yes, the ride has some dead spots, but it really needs it, to give you a chance to calm a little bit down. The exit of the Cobra roll is out of this world. As this one is not trimmed at all, you really need to give it a try on a hot day.

7. Untamed @ Walibi Holland Apart from the terrible RMC restraints, this ride is really amazing. The 270° double inverting corner stall is my favourite element of all time, the airtime can be insane (you know it is if the ride goes into breakdown because it hit the breaks to fast) and it's still smooth. I have to admit, that I dislike the ending though, the pops of airtime are to short and sudden for my liking.

8. Junker @ Power Park (former #5) Thanks to some sponanous opportunities, I was riding this one not even 24 hours ago. Still the best Gerstlauer I have ever done, mainly due to it's great first half with a good Launch, great Top-Hat, and that awesome drawn out loop. It's a little bit shaky on the outside, but the inner seats still ride smoother than most modern Intamins. I hope Gerstlauer can get back up to that quality.

9. BigFM Expedition GeForce @ Holiday Park Maybe one of the most overhyped rides on this planet, but I see where the hype comes frome. It is not perfect, and it's layout is not without weaknesses. The first drop is good, the first airtime hill as well, but this ride really shines on the last few hills, were it feels like it's trying to break your legs. It's a shame that it only runs 1 train for 99,5% of the time, causing quite long queues even on off-peak days.

10. Taron @ Phantasialand (former #8) I actually switched this one several times, even out of this list. It is a good coaster, but after >2k rides I see its flaws and can't unsee them. The theming varies between world class and construction site, and it's ending is quite weak. But on the other hand, it gives a great sense of speed. barely slows down and still rides good after 4 years. The 2 airtime moments are suprisingly good + the amazing restraints and just it's look make it a great package overall. Klugheim is propably the best place to enjoy a beer, looking at this beauty... The ride would rank way higher though, if the park would utilize its full potential (won't happen).
Switched places with GeForce upon realizing that Taiga ruined it for me.

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
Quick change to this, and I'll go in depth with each of the rides too.
Italic is a swap, Bold is new this year.

1. Steel Vengeance: I honestly can't explain what makes this ride so good. The airtime, the inversions, the overall funkiness of the ride, and the fact that everything works so well. A rain ride secured its spot at #1, however I was actually thinking about putting Twisted Timbers at #1 for a few months!

2. Twisted Timbers: WOW, talk about "don't judge a book by its cover"! There is a lot of airtime on this ride, and some of it is even stronger than Steel Vengeance's! The first drop is easily one of my favorites ever, the other inversions are so much fun, and the outer-bank inside the structure is a ton of fun! One of the most under-rated rides I've ridden.

3. Fury 325: Easily the most fun ride I've ever ridden. It's not the most intense, but it's just so much fun and the most re-rideable ride I've ever ridden. The airtime (For a B&M) is insane, and I never left that ride with anything less than a giant smile!

4. Skyrush: This ride exceeded my expectations, and then some! The restraints were much better than I expected. The turns and airtime were much more intense than I thought they would as well. I find it ironic that this is #4 and I305 is just barely in my top 30.

5. Phoenix: Like Skyrush, this obliterated my expectations! Every single moment of airtime was extremely unique. Some moments you're basically standing. Others, you're floating perfectly between the lap bar and the seat, leaving nothing for your legs to touch. It was insanely smooth as well, especially for a wooden coaster! It's easily my favorite wooden coaster.

6. Fahrenheit: Another ride that exceeded my expectations in PA, Fahrenheit had some of the best inversions I've ever experienced. It kind of reminded me of a Sit-down Raptor, with multiple inversions. Super intense, and the corkscrews were the best corkscrews I've ever experienced.

7. Millennium Force: After many great rides on Millennium Force towards the end of the season, I've decided to put it above Maverick in my rankings. Even with a tiny bit of room, the first drop (for me, at least) gives great ejector, to the point where it feels unsafe. The rest of the ride is just straight up fun, with some decently good airtime as well! One of my favorites.

8. Maverick: After a few "less amazing than I remember" rides, I've moved Maverick down a bit. The restraints are awful, but the ride itself is great! It's just not as good as I remembered it in past years.

9. Top Thrill Dragster: I love this ride (probably more than I should), and it never fails to impress me after each ride. I can't get enough of it!

10. Mystic Timbers: While I haven't gotten any rides on it this year (yet), Mystic Timbers has always been one of my favorites. With a great drop in the back row, and ACTUAL THEMING IN A CEDAR FAIR PARK!!!, Mystic Timbers is just a lot of fun. A great fit for Kings Island as well!
I'm probably gonna share my Top 20, but only give my thoughts on the first 10

1. Steel Vengeance: Yeah, it still holds up today, if not even more than it did before! I feel like I'm starting to realize what I love so much about this ride. The airtime throughout the ride is mostly different from hill to hill, and the flow of the ride is amazing! Not only that, but this year alone solidified this ride as my #1 (yes I know I said this last year but now it is FOR SURE). I was always thinking about putting Twisted Timbers above this, but it was running so well this year that Twisted Timbers doesn't have a chance...for now.

2. Twisted Timbers: I can't believe it's been over 2 years since I've ridden this small but mighty ride! Everything from the barrel roll drop to the brake run is super good. I don't even think I can name a single bad element on this ride! The airtime is a lot more...repetitive? than SV's, but I also feel like most of the airtime is of higher quality...before 2020. But that's not to say the airtime is bad because it was phenomenal in 2018 and if they do whatever they did to SV on Twisted Timbers, it could potentially break my top spot. That is to say...that I ride it in the next few years haha.

3. Fury 325: I also can't believe it's been 2 years since I've ridden this!! This ride is easily one of the most fun rides I've ever been on. The pacing, for the most part, is SUPER good, and the way the ride twists left to right on the way to the treble clef is so satisfying. There's not really much else I can say about it though!

4. Skyrush: My 100th credit, so it'll always have a soft spot in my rankings. But even then, besides it being my #100, it's one of the most intense rides I've ever ridden! Usually, I prefer my rides to be more fun than intense, but something about Skyrush made it different. I'm not one to say that painful rides are fun rides, because most of the time they aren't. And Skyrush is a painful ride...but part of me really misses the pain of it. The airtime is stronger than any ride that I've ridden too! And those stengels...mmmm those stengels are god-like.

5. Phoenix: Still the best wooden coaster I've ridden! It's pretty simple but it's also super enjoyable and fun, and I think that's what makes this ride so special.

6. Fahrenheit: I still have no idea why I enjoyed this ride as much as I do, but I love it! The inversions flow SOOO well, yet they all have a little bit of something special. Not to mention, the airtime this ride has is great!

7. Millennium Force: The original giga! It's just so much fun! I can never come off this ride without smiling...unless I lose my hat or something but still! I hope I got the point across.

8. Maverick: Ah yes, the ride that has consistently dropped in my rankings these past 2-3 years. It was my favorite coaster at some point, I promise! But as time went on, I started realizing that...this wasn't *the* ride anymore. I still love it today, but I don't know if I'll ever get that feeling back that I did riding it for the first time. That being said it's still awesome!! The airtime is fantastic, the inversions are great, and while you can't get the same feeling as on Skyrush's stengels, they're still amazing!

9. Orion: This slowly became one of my most anticipated roller coasters of all time...but I was also super worried about it. What if it had a rattle? The other 2 B&Ms at the park both have rattles. What if it was slow? What if it was...boring? Well, in the end none of things were true! What I got was a very unique, fast, fun, smooth ride that was so odd to ride for the first time. Both of the 2 rides I got on it were surreal, in a way that I have never experienced on any roller coaster. The airtime was out of this world, and just like Mystic Timbers, THEMING!! I was quite impressed with the entire way the ride was presented. I used to find X-Base as an area that gave me a funky feeling each time I walked into it, and I feel like Area 72 and Orion reawakened that feeling. I'm so happy it turned out how it did!

10. Mystic Timbers: Another ride with great theming (compared to other cedar fair parks)! I haven't ridden it in a year or 2 sadly...but I really want to change that! The airtime is great, and the ride is so out of control feeling. Not much more I can say honestly!

11. Behemoth
12. Top Thrill Dragster
13. Shivering Timbers
14. Magnum XL-200
15. Diamondback
16. Leviathan
17. Apollo's Chariot
18. Raptor
19. Talon
20. Beast

Eejanaikane

Roller Poster
I've been out of the scene for about 15 years now, but I'd like to get involved again once the pandemic has calmed down a bit. My top 10 is quite old so I'm looking forward to updating it!

1. Eejanaika (Fuji-Q Highland) No surprise there! There's nothing quite like an S&S/Arrow 4D. The first drop, face toward the ground, is unreal and the feeling of disorientation and intensity is unlike anything else I've ridden.

2. Goliath (What was Six Flags Holland - told you this list was old!) I wasn't expecting too much from this - it looked small and unthreatening from the access road - but I was blown away by the airtime, intensity and pacing.

3. Nemesis (Alton Towers) Don't really need to explain this one.

4. Dodonpa (Fuji-Q) The launch is the single most extreme coaster moment I've ever experienced. It's a one-trick pony, but what a trick.

5. Megafobia (Oakwood) It's been over 15 years since I rode this, but many happy childhood memories of this thing. First ever wooden coaster and an historic ride for the UK.

6. Space Mountain (Disneyland Paris) Another nostalgic memory. This was the coaster that made me an enthusiast. I marathoned this thing back when I was ten years old.

7. Thunder Dolphin (Tokyo Dome City) Look at pictures of this thing, and you'll understand. It's literally in the middle of Tokyo.

8. Takabisha (Fuji Q) Fun and crazy ride. Fuji-Q don't know how to do 'normal' coasters.

9. Batman: The Ride (Warner Madrid) I can see why this ride was cloned so often. Fast, intense, relentless. I've got a soft spot for a compact B&M so this worked well.

10. Nemesis Inferno (Thorpe Park) I haven't managed to get on The Swarm, so this remains the best coaster at Thorpe. Great zero-G roll.

I hope to be able to update this list with a couple of RMCs and a few more airtime machines (I'm looking at you Hyperion!)

hendrixmarshall

Roller Poster
A little different but not worth the search for or starting a new thread. I've been fantasizing about what my top 10 would be if I could just blow 20k and knock em all out, and ride ones that are really close to being done - and I've come up with the following:
1. Taron
2. Hyperion
3. Hakugei
4. Zadra
5. Fury
6. Helix
7. GeForce
8. Velocicoaster
9. Iron Gwazi
10. Walibi Intamin

Kind of a fun little exercise

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Ooh... so close.

1. Helix - Liseberg
2. Python in Bamboo Forest - Wanda Nanchang
3. Jungle Trailblazer - Fantawild Dreamland Zhengzhou
4. Twisted Colossus - Six Flags Magic Mountain
5. Skyrush - Hersheypark
6. Taiga - Linnanmäki
7. Flying Aces - Ferrari World
8. Eejanaika - Fuji-Q Highland
9. Wood Coaster - Knight Valley
10. Hakugei - Nagashima Spa Land

11. Zadra - Energylandia
12. Twisted Timbers - Kings Dominion
13. Fjord Flying Dragon - Happy Valley Tianjin
14. El Toro - Six Flags Great Adventure
15. Wicked Cyclone - Six Flags New England
16. Lightning Rod - Dollywood
17. Untamed - Walibi Holland
18. OCT Thrust SSC1000 - Happy Valley Wuhan
19. Hyperion - Energylandia
20. DC Rivals Hypercoaster - Warner Bros. Movie World
21. Taron - Phantasialand
22. Flying Dinosaur - Universal Studios Japan
23. Jungle Trailblazer - Oriental Heritage Wuhu
24. Wooden Coaster - Fireball - Happy Valley Shanghai
25. Twisted Cyclone - Six Flags Over Georgia

In testament to my trip report declaring the new best one-two punch - only park with two in the top 25!

JamesB

Mega Poster
My updated top 20 after visiting Poland last week:
  1. Helix, Liseberg
  2. Zadra, Energylandia
  3. Taiga, Linnanmaki
  4. Dive Coaster, Chimelong
  5. Swarm, Thorpe
  6. Stealth, Thorpe
  7. Lech Coaster, Legendia
  8. Big One, Blackpool
  9. Grand National, Blackpool
  10. Tornado, Sarkanniemi
  11. Hyperion, Energylandia
  12. Baron 1898, Efteling
  13. Saw, Thorpe
  14. Daemonen, Tivoli
  15. Nemesis Inferno, Thorpe Park
  16. Air, Alton Towers
  17. Nemesis, Alton Towers
  18. Blue Fire, Europa
  19. Silver Star, Europa
  20. Balder, Liseberg

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
Updated list after a visit to 4 small new PA parks (Sesame Place, Dutch Wonderland, Lakemont, Waldameer) and a revisit to Kennywood.

1) Voyage
2) Python in Bamboo Forest
3) Helix
4) Dinoconda
5) Boulder Dash
6) OCT Thrust
7) Maverick
8) Skyrush
9) Lightning Run
10) Wildfire
11) Storm Chaser
12) Superman The Ride
13) Steel Vengeance
14) Mako
15) El Toro
16) Phantom's Revenge
17) Thundercoaster
18) Time Traveler
19) Ravine Flyer II - Another Gravity Group gem! A beautiful location and a ride that starts with a great drop, one of the most sustained ejector moments ever, a wild transition with crazy laterals, a decently forceful turnaround, and back to back to back sustained ejector hills! The remainder of the ride lacks that same kick but still holds out for a few more solid airtime moments and a really unique 90 degree bank. With a stronger last 1/3 I could see this making my top 15
20) Starry Sky Ripper

Notable additions:
38) Leap the Dips - This is maybe top ten for the happiest I have ever felt on a ride! Such an underappreciated piece of history that is janky and primitive in the best possible ways. With literally no restraint at all, it feels so free and exposed with some fun little airtime pops and undulating lateral forces. Will definitely be back for more rides and to get the Skyliner credit which was sadly closed on my visit
46) Oscar's Wacky Taxi - The mini GGs reign supreme! Between the five mini models that I have done, this ranks 2nd, a fair bit behind Roar-o-saurus, but wow this has some awesome airtime all the way through. The park is unfortunately among the most overpriced on the planet however

mewantcandy2

Mega Poster
Went to Hershey today for the first time in a decade to get Skyrush & Candymonium.

Not sure I’ve been on anything quite like Skyrush.... the airtime/forces are relentless but in a pleasant way. Shame the restraints are painful otherwise I think it would be my new no. 1.

While it doesn’t make the list, Candymonium is a ball for all and further cements Hershey’s lineup as one of the best / most balanced in the country.

Other notes - New Incredible Hulk moves up the list from December. Twisted Timbers and El Toro down... Otherwise no changes until a cedar point visit in October.

1. Zadra
2. Skyrush
3. Incredible Hulk
4. Phantom's Revenge
5. Nemesis
6. El Toro
7. Maverick
8. Twisted Timbers
9. Millenium Force
10. X2

Last edited:

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Updated list after a visit to 4 small new PA parks (Sesame Place, Dutch Wonderland, Lakemont, Waldameer) and a revisit to Kennywood.

1) Voyage
2) Python in Bamboo Forest
3) Helix
4) Dinoconda
5) Boulder Dash
6) OCT Thrust
7) Maverick
8) Skyrush
9) Lightning Run
10) Wildfire
11) Storm Chaser
12) Superman The Ride
13) Steel Vengeance
14) Mako
15) El Toro
16) Phantom's Revenge
17) Thundercoaster
18) Time Traveler
19) Ravine Flyer II - Another Gravity Group gem! A beautiful location and a ride that starts with a great drop, one of the most sustained ejector moments ever, a wild transition with crazy laterals, a decently forceful turnaround, and back to back to back sustained ejector hills! The remainder of the ride lacks that same kick but still holds out for a few more solid airtime moments and a really unique 90 degree bank. With a stronger last 1/3 I could see this making my top 15
20) Starry Sky Ripper

Notable additions:
38) Leap the Dips - This is maybe top ten for the happiest I have ever felt on a ride! Such an underappreciated piece of history that is janky and primitive in the best possible ways. With literally no restraint at all, it feels so free and exposed with some fun little airtime pops and undulating lateral forces. Will definitely be back for more rides and to get the Skyliner credit which was sadly closed on my visit
46) Oscar's Wacky Taxi - The mini GGs reign supreme! Between the five mini models that I have done, this ranks 2nd, a fair bit behind Roar-o-saurus, but wow this has some awesome airtime all the way through. The park is unfortunately among the most overpriced on the planet however
Interesting, enjoyable list!

Have you done any Japanese parks?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Not much changed for 2019 - only saw 1 new roller coaster make it into my Top 25 (Steel Curtain at #20). Much of the season was spent visiting local parks vs. new parks; 2020 should help add some new flavors to the list!
RankCoasterPark
1Steel VengeanceCedar Point
2VoyageHoliday World
3Storm ChaserKentucky Kingdom
4MaverickCedar Point
5X2Six Flags Magic Mountain
6Outlaw RunSilver Dollar City
7SkyrushHersheypark
8Fury 325Carowinds
9Intimidator 305Kings Dominion
10Ravine Flyer IIWaldameer
11Millennium ForceCedar Point
12Top Thrill DragsterCedar Point
13Twisted TimbersKings Dominion
14Iron RattlerSix Flags Fiesta Texas
15New Texas GiantSix Flags Over Texas
16GoliathSix Flags Over Georgia
17Storm RunnerHersheypark
18TatsuSix Flags Magic Mountain
19AlpengeistBusch Gardens Williamsburg
20Steel CurtainKennywood
21BansheeKings Island
22Incredible HulkIslands of Adventure
23ThunderheadDollywood
24Mystic TimbersKings Island
25Apocalypse the RideSix Flags Magic Mountain
Top 25 still holds steady. Zooming a bit out on my Top 50, some new entries this year:
Mine Blower - 29
Orion - 38
Hagrid's Motorcoaster - 42

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Pssst. We may or may not be looking at this top 10 list for our annual CoasterForce top 10, in case you were wondering of updating your latest ranking. ;)

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Pssst. We may or may not be looking at this top 10 list for our annual CoasterForce top 10, in case you were wondering of updating your latest ranking. ;)
You wouldn’t believe how long I’ve been putting off finishing my list. Any sense of when such data may or may not be collected, roughly speaking?

btw, been meaning to ask for ages: are you also the Hyde from In the Loop?

cookie

Giga Poster
  1. Taron @ Phantasialand - Yes, it's not perfect (but no coaster is), the last few hills and the turn back to the station aren't all that exciting, but every other part of the ride is relentless and a massive rush of adrenaline, coupled with some masterclass theming and interactions both with itself and the surrounding scenery. Plus, ride music does a lot for me, and the start-up sequence always gets me super stoked.
  2. Helix @ Liseberg - I have to be honest that this ride's placement I'm a bit unsure about since something's felt off in the last few rides I've had with it, but I need to get back to Liseberg once the park's able to open again to make my final judgement. Besides that, it's a long, fun ride with excellent inversions (the hangtime in the first corkscrew out of the station is stellar), and the two ejector hills I just can't get enough of.
  3. Wildfire @ Kolmården - I did not like the restraints a whole lot, but besides that, it's another smooth, relentless ride whose only other issue I have with it is it feeling slow in the last few corners like Taron.
  4. Balder @ Liseberg - My last ride in 2019 had some shakiness in the wheel seats, but ride in a middle seat and you're in for a smooth, fun experience that delivers airtime on practically every hill. It has a tendency to run slow early in the day but picks up a good amount of speed later, and the night rides on it are surreal.
  5. Blue Fire @ Europa Park - I've long been tempted to bump this one up because it's still buttery smooth and whenever you hear the onboard audio it elevates the coaster to a whole other level, plus the launch is a lot more forceful than Helix's speed boosts, but I think the one thing it's lacking is a real airtime hill to really complete the experience, plus not all trains have the onboard audio and it's a bit of a bummer when you get a train that doesn't have it.
  6. Schwur Des Kärnan @ Hansa Park - Another coaster I'm very tempted to bump up because my 2020 rides were absolutely incredible. There's so much I love about this coaster from the height, the speed, the open trains, the backwards freefall, the theming, the queue, the moment after the backwards freefall and this starts playing as you go back up, just the best coaster soundtrack of all time IMO, the bone-crushing g-forces at the bottom of the first drop, the hangtime on the surprise heartline roll, the random airtime hill in the outer section that delivers wild ejector regardless of which seat you're in, etc. It loses a bit of momentum towards the end in the morning hours (but warms up over the course of the day) and it has its fair share of rough spots, plus its operations are far from ideal, but I can't get enough of it and makes me really wish I could visit the park on a quiet day.
  7. Silver Star @ Europa Park - Yes, it has a bit of a rattle in the turnaround, and yes, you do feel those trims, but I was blown away by this one and after my first ride I immediately rounded the corner and went on it again. For a 2002 coaster, it's really smooth, and I live for the crazy ejector in the back seat during the drop out of the MCBR. Never understood why some people seem to hate it.
  8. Expedition: Everest @ Disney's Animal Kingdom - Haven't ridden this since 2009, but 14-year old me couldn't wait to experience this coaster and it did not disappoint one bit. The setting and theming is top notch Disney and the backwards section is surprisingly intense on top of an already really fun ride. Would've liked to experience it when the Yeti was in its prime, but this coaster will always be special to me.
  9. Valkyria @ Liseberg - This one's crept up between my 2018 and 2019 rides. It's buttery smooth with no rattle, and while the rest restraints tighten while you sit in the station, you don't feel them at all during the ride. The main drop in the front is an experience, and I really love the inversions on it.
  10. Manta @ SeaWorld Orlando - I have only ridden this once, so a lot of this is gathered from somewhat vague memory, but I remember really feeling the intensity of the pretzel loop and being blown away by the flying sensation as a 14-year old. I'll give newer rides preference over it when I get to them (I think out of the ones that could top it during my planned 2021 trip, F.L.Y, Goliath, Untamed, Lost Gravity, Walibi Belgium's hyper, Plopsaland's Xtreme spinner, Fënix and Fury all seem like good candidates), but it's been able to hang on in my top 10 for eleven years nonetheless.

Last edited:

Benenen

Hyper Poster
Right, here we go:

1. Untamed
2. Zadra
3. Wildfire (Kolmarden)
4. Expedition Geforce
5. Hyperion
6. Shambhala
7. Taron
8. Helix
9. Goliath (Walibi Holland)
10. Flying Aces
11. Silver Star
12. Formula Rossa
13. Lech Coaster
14. Red Force
15. Stealth
16. Lost Gravity
17. Fenix
18. Capitol Bullet Train
19. Katun
20. Oblivion

Bit of a different order to the last one I posted a year ago. A very average ride on Khan this Summer has pushed all the big B&M multiloopers and inverts bar Katun out of the top 20 as I've realised that style of coaster no longer impresses me like it did ten years ago. The only new entry is Geforce which was much better than expected. I imagined it would probably rank around 10-15 but ended up being my favourite non RMC coaster, it's just outstanding with the most sustained and intense ejector I've experienced.

Last edited: