What's new

Top 10(ish): 2024 Edition - page 124

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
I feel Im sure we've all been there, I have had many expected new #1s or top 10s fail to live up.
I'd not be worried :) And true, as said somewhere above its a nice park. The free sodas are nice, pretty solid water park (and I dont usually do that) typical small park "nice" feel, what it lacks in ride quantity makes up for with atmosphere and feel of going to family park and not some corporate "heres your service for all your cash". Very nice place, with all good coasters. Not one, for me, was even "OK" all enjoyable

Scott88

Hyper Poster
I don't think he keeps a top 10, but I remember Scott from Pleasure Beach Experience (@Scott88, I believe.) not talking as positively about SV as other people have due to how much it hurt his thighs. In the park, he preferred TTD and I think he may have preferred Magnum as well. Not too sure, though.

I don't rank SV as a top 10 coaster, it's a weird one for me because I do think its a very good coaster, its relentless, its airtime filled and a very good coaster but the restraints absolutely battered my thighs and that ruined the experience for me to the point of not riding it again during my CP visit.

TTD, Magnum and Maverick were my favourite three coasters at Cedar Point.

Matt N

CF Legend
I don't rank SV as a top 10 coaster, it's a weird one for me because I do think its a very good coaster, its relentless, its airtime filled and a very good coaster but the restraints absolutely battered my thighs and that ruined the experience for me to the point of not riding it again during my CP visit.

Thought as much from your CP vlog! Thanks for replying, Scott!

I don't want you to take this the wrong way, but in light of what @Error said about him being bigger and therefore not being able to enjoy it properly made me wonder if you're also bigger. Trying to see if maybe being pleasantly plump and ranking RMCs lower have any correlation. :p

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Just to add my 2c on Voyage, rode it yesterday and back row was crazy bonkers, but it's a bit too rough and I ****ing hate the trains, those restraints are so restrictive and with the roughness it can be unbearable at times.
Funnily enough the back row was less rough than other rows and I loved it but won't be ranking it in my top 10.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
I don't want you to take this the wrong way, but in light of what @Error said about him being bigger and therefore not being able to enjoy it properly made me wonder if you're also bigger. Trying to see if maybe being pleasantly plump and ranking RMCs lower have any correlation. :p

6ft2 tall, by no means skinny but not that overweight, I spent my teenage years playing football, swimming and running so my thighs are quite 'toned up', so they do tend to get crushed under restraints every now and then. Shambhala's restraints are tight on my thighs but the airtime doesn't hurt, the restraints on Steel Vengeance were not friendly on my thighs and that's why it wasn't my favourite coaster there. I do want to point out here that I think SV is amazing, but I just don't like the restraints.

Hutch

Strata Poster
1. Skyrush
2. Lightning Rod - Yes.
3. Beast
4. Millennium Force
5. Nemesis
6. Maverick
7. Mako
8. Phoenix
9. Top Thrill Dragster
10. Storm Chaser

11. Twisted Cyclone
12. Wicked Cyclone
13. Nitro
14. Goliath
15. Diamondback
16. Montu
17. Fury 325
18. Lightning Run
19. Storm Runner
20. Boulder Dash

21. Superman: The Ride
22. Intimidator
23. Verbolten
24. Apollo's Chariot
25. Stealth
26. Manta
27. Fahrenheit
28. Gatekeeper
29. Kumba
30. Chinese Fireball

Alpengeist, Hungarian Horntail, Griffon, Voyage, and Hulk drop out of the Top 30.

Edward M

Strata Poster
US Live was amazing. Love all those peeps. Have a new number one and some changes all around!

1. Steel Vengeance
  2. Lightning Rod
  3. X2
  4. Skyrush
  5. El Toro
  6. Outlaw Run
  7. Voyage
  8. Maverick
  9. Fury 325
  10. Boulder Dash
  11. Kumba
  12. Storm Chaser
  13. Millennium Force
  14. Superman SFNE
  15. Phoenix
  16. Wicked Cyclone
  17. Goliath, SFOG
  18. Shambhala
  19. Space Mountain, WDW
  20. Beast
  21. Iron Rattler
  22. Top Thrill Dragster
  23. Storm Runner
  24. Kawasemi
  25. Kingda Ka

Snoo

The Legend
Added the newness for 2018 as well.. the season literally started 3 days ago. SV is a solid coaster which fits all of my qualities of a fantastic ride. As I said in the construction topic, I really need to ride it again to determine if its better then the rides ahead of it or not. I also REALLY need to get on El Toro as I haven't been on it since 2007, which is a true abomination.

Another note is that Maverick, for the first time since it opened in 2007, is it not in my top 10. One of the longest running coasters short of Toro. I did have a great ride on it Saturday night but still doesn't hold up to the rides above it.

1 Lightning Rod - Dollywood
2 Boulder Dash - Lake Compounce
3 El Toro - Six Flags Great Adventure
4 Goliath - Six Flags Great America
5 Steel Vengeance - Cedar Point
6 Wildfire - Kolmarden
7 Voyage - Holiday World
8 Outlaw Run - Silver Dollar City
9 Storm Chaser - Kentucky Kingdom
10 Ravine Flyer II - Waldameer

11 Maverick - Cedar Point
12 Phoenix - Knoebels
13 Cornball Express - Indiana Beach
14 Banshee - Kings Island
15 Afterburn - Carowinds
16 Boardwalk Bullet - Kemah Boardwalk
17 Wicked Cyclone - Six Flags New England
18 Top Thrill Dragster - Cedar Point
19 Superman The Ride - Six Flags New England
20 Lightning Run - Kentucky Kingdom
21 X2 - Six Flags Magic Mountain
22 Behemoth - Canada's Wonderland
23 Tatsu - Six Flags Magic Mountain
24 Evel Knievel - Six Flags St. Louis
25 Prowler - Worlds of Fun
26 Leviathan - Canada's Wonderland
27 Fury 325 - Carowinds
28 Thunderbird - Holiday World
29 Superman Krypton Coaster - Six Flags Fiesta Texas
30 SkyRush - HersheyPark

There isn't a question any more of how good Steel Vengeance is. Rode it front, back, middle, morning, evening, night.. the ride is the best ride in the world for me. It didn't take convincing for me either. I didn't have to unpack anything any longer. What a fantastic experience and anyone who likes intensity and airtime will adore it. I'm pretty sure most of the US-Live attendees put it at the front of their lists as well. I will note that it's not for everyone, as it is intense and some folks don't like intense, but if you do.. prepare yourself.

1 Steel Vengeance - Cedar Point
2 Lightning Rod - Dollywood
3 Boulder Dash - Lake Compounce
4 El Toro - Six Flags Great Adventure
5 Goliath - Six Flags Great America
6 Wildfire - Kolmarden
7 Voyage - Holiday World
8 Outlaw Run - Silver Dollar City
9 Storm Chaser - Kentucky Kingdom
10 Ravine Flyer II - Waldameer

11 Maverick - Cedar Point
12 Phoenix - Knoebels
13 Cornball Express - Indiana Beach
14 Banshee - Kings Island
15 Afterburn - Carowinds
16 Boardwalk Bullet - Kemah Boardwalk
17 Wicked Cyclone - Six Flags New England
18 Top Thrill Dragster - Cedar Point
19 Superman The Ride - Six Flags New England
20 Lightning Run - Kentucky Kingdom
21 X2 - Six Flags Magic Mountain
22 Behemoth - Canada's Wonderland
23 Tatsu - Six Flags Magic Mountain
24 Evel Knievel - Six Flags St. Louis
25 Prowler - Worlds of Fun
26 Leviathan - Canada's Wonderland
27 Fury 325 - Carowinds
28 Thunderbird - Holiday World
29 Superman Krypton Coaster - Six Flags Fiesta Texas
30 SkyRush - HersheyPark

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Ugh...I feel like such a basic bitch

1. Steel Vengeance - Cedar Point
  2. Lightning Rod - Dollywood
  3. Outlaw Run - Silver Dollar City
  4. Goliath - Six Flags Great America
  5. The Voyage - Holiday World
  6. Bizarro - Six Flags New England
  7. Boulder Dash - Lake Compounce
  8. El Toro - Six Flags Great Adventure
  9. Maverick - Cedar Point
  10. Storm Chaser - Kentucky Kingdom

It took a few rides, but once I got to the point where we cruised through the mid course brakes and I thought to myself "Lightning Rod would be stopped in the final brakes by now," I knew. I struggle to find a flaw with it, and that's absolutely mind boggling. I actually cannot believe it.

P.S. plzdon'tcallmeaCPfanboyPLS

tomahawk

Strata Poster

It took a few rides, but once I got to the point where we cruised through the mid course brakes and I thought to myself "Lightning Rod would be stopped in the final brakes by now," I knew. I struggle to find a flaw with it, and that's absolutely mind boggling. I actually cannot believe it.

MiLlEnIuM fOrCe iZ sTiLl tHe BeZt CoAsTeRz EvA!!!!

What you said to me earlier today.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster

Conform much? :rolleyes:

:p

James F

Hyper Poster
1: Helix
2: Der Schwur des Kärnan (New)
3: Sheikra
4: Shambhala
5: Icon (New)
6: Wodan Timber Coaster
7: Kraken
8: Silver Star
9: Stealth
10: Rock N Roller Coaster (WDW)
11: Balder
12: Cheetah Hunt
13: Dragon Khan
14: Nemesis
15: Furious Baco
16: Blue Fire Megacoaster
17: Montu
18: The Smiler
19: Incredible Hulk Coaster
20: Kumba
21: Manta
22: The Swarm
23: Fluch von Novgorod (New)
24: Speed
25: Revenge of the Mummy (Orlando)

Sent from my G3221 using Tapatalk

jayjay

Giga Poster
Can't see this being controversial

1. Kärnan - Hansa Park
2. Taron - Phantasialand
3. Helix - Liseberg
4. iSpeed - Mirabilandia
5. Wildfire - Kolmården
6. Wodan - Europa Park
7. OzIris - Parc Astérix
8. Sky Scream - Holiday Park
9. Kumba - Busch Gardens Tampa
10. Lost Gravity - Walibi Holland

11. Anubis - Plopsaland De Panne
12. Thunderbird - Power Park
13. Stealth - Thorpe Park
14. Fluch von Novogorod - Hansa Park
15. Troy - Toverland
16. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park
17. Cú Chulainn - Tayto Park
18. Shambhala - PortAventura
19. The Ultimate - Lightwater Valley
20. Balder - Liseberg

Based on my opinions on Dragon Khan, it would probably make sense to ditch Kumba from the top 10 but I don't like to do that without a reride.

Imagineer Josh

Mega Poster
Gonna update my rankings now since I haven't done it in quite a while, and I've got some big plans this summer.

1. Voyage - Holiday World
2. Steel Vengeance - Cedar Point
3. Lightning Rod - Dollywood
4. Storm Chaser - Kentucky Kingdom
5. Maverick - Cedar Point
6. Twisted Colossus - Six Flags Magic Mountain
7. Millennium Force - Cedar Point
8. X2 - Six Flags Magic Mountain
9. Goliath - Six Flags Great America
10. Magnum XL-200 - Cedar Point

11. Cornball Express - Indiana Beach
12. Thunderhead - Dollywood
13. Screamin' Eagle - Six Flags St. Louis
14. Raptor - Cedar Point
15. Mr. Freeze Reverse Blast - Six Flags St. Louis
16. Mystery Mine - Dollywood
17. Tatsu - Six Flags Magic Mountain
18. Tennessee Tornado - Dollywood
19. Incredible Hulk (1999-2015) - Islands of Adventure
20. Mind Bender - Six Flags Over Georgia

21. Banshee - Kings Island

I know it seems a bit peculiar to end my rankings at 21, but the way I have it in my rankings is six categories. The first category is my all-time favorite coasters (rankings #1-9), the second being excellent coasters but not all-time favorite material (rankings #10-21), and then the third being good coasters but not excellent, fourth being mediocre coasters but not totally horrible, the fifth being kiddie coasters (they need to be placed somewhere), and the sixth for the total :emoji_poop: and from categories 3-5, I really don't feel like ranking because ehh, and the sixth category is ranked just because they're all bad and I actually have motive to decide which coaster is worse in that category (only 8 coasters are crap enough to make it). So yeah. I'll have a full Top 30 later this season updated with new coasters I rode this year.

Edward M

Strata Poster
Update. Six Flags Over Georgia was very nice today with Mind Bender being quite the surprise. I absolutely loved it.

1. Steel Vengeance
  2. Lightning Rod
  3. X2
  4. Skyrush
  5. El Toro
  6. Outlaw Run
  7. Voyage
  8. Maverick
  9. Fury 325
  10. Boulder Dash
  11. Kumba
  12. Twisted Cyclone
  13. Storm Chaser
  14. Millennium Force
  15. Superman SFNE
  16. Phoenix
  17. Wicked Cyclone
  18. Shambhala
  19. Kawasemi
  20. Space Mountain, WDW
  21. Beast
  22. Iron Rattler
  23. Top Thrill Dragster
  24. Mind Bender
  25. Storm Runner
  26. Goliath, SFOG
  27. Kingda Ka
  28. Intimidator 305
  29. Mako
  30. Lightning Run

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
1: Lightning Rod - Dollywood
2: Steel Vengeance -Cedar Point
3: Outlaw Run - Silver Dollar City
4: Voyage - Holiday World
5: Storm Chaser - Kentucky Kingdom
6: Goliath - Six Flags Great America
7: Shambhala - Port Aventura
8: Ravine Flyer II - Waldameer
9: Phoenix - Knoebels
10: Twisted Timbers - King's Dominion

New in Bold. Ridden within the last 2 years Italicized.

Decided to remove the Coaster I really love and think is underrated spot (what i was using as my number 10) from my rankings which leaves me here. As for timbers, It's by far the most B&M RMC i've ridden. It still has the couple of wow what just happened RMC moments but it's not as intense and the pacing isn't as hyper-aggressive as the other top tier RMC's, but honestly it's mostly just a lot of well shaped airtime hills (like a B&M hyper) and what can I say I love them. It was definitely something I felt like the park needed

A post US Live update has arrived

1: Steel Vengeance - Cedar Point
2: Lightning Rod - Dollywood
3: Outlaw Run - Silver Dollar City
4: Voyage - Holiday World
5: Storm Chaser - Kentucky Kingdom
6: Goliath - Six Flags Great America
7: Shambhala - Port Aventura
8: Phoenix - Knoebels
9: Maverick - Cedar Point
10: Twisted Timbers - King's Dominion

The major differences here are after a lot of internal debate Steel Vengeance has knocked Lightning Rod out of my #1 spot The Night ride really put it over the top for me, It definitely doens't have an element as great as Lightning Rods Quad Down but the ride is aggressive with a great mix of forces and doesn't let up. The other big changes for me are Maverick sliding back in to my top 10 and RFII (rode it today after my post live extra activities on my trip home) for the first time since I rode it for the first time in 2013 has been knocked out of my top 10. The ride is by no means bad, but it definitely could use some TLC and retracking in sections and for whatever reason the lift hill is slowing down at the top causing a pretty significant loss of speed towards the end of the ride to where there weren't really any forces where they used to be. I also took the time to think about and add an 11-20 to my list.

11: Leap the Dips - Lakemont Park
12: El Toro - Six Flags Great Adventure
13: Superman, The Ride - Six Flags New England
14: Boulder Dash - Lake Compounce
15: Space Mountain - Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom
16: Thunderbird - Holiday World
17: Ravine Flyer II - Waldameer
18: Lightning Run - Kentucky Kingdom
19: Matterhorn Bobsleds - Disney Land
20: Leviathan - Canada's Wonderland

(once again New rides in Bold, Rides ridden in the last 2 years in italics. Rides that have moved since the last update will be underlined)

You feel like a basic bitch? My friend, you ARE a basic bitch ;) SUCH a CP fanboy!

Kidding. Steel Vengeance is undoubtedly the best coaster I have been on by miles. It was only the crazy wtf experience of Eejanaika that keeps it ahead and I reckon if I rerode it, it would not have the same impact. Us all having SV as number one is equivalent to all the Taron lovers on Europe having that as number one! Cringeeee. But, I guess it's just a testament to how great they are.

Snoo

The Legend
You feel like a basic bitch? My friend, you ARE a basic bitch ;) SUCH a CP fanboy!

Kidding. Steel Vengeance is undoubtedly the best coaster I have been on by miles. It was only the crazy wtf experience of Eejanaika that keeps it ahead and I reckon if I rerode it, it would not have the same impact. Us all having SV as number one is equivalent to all the Taron lovers on Europe having that as number one! Cringeeee. But, I guess it's just a testament to how great they are.

I mean, it does kind of happen in waves sometimes right? New coasters can and usually are typically better then their older counterparts as they normally improve on designs of past. I will say that those who have ridden Taron on this side did love it. Same goes for Wildfire as well.

The good news is that we aren't the only folks (as in those who went to the Live) who felt that way. Most who've been on SV have adored it in some capacity, with very few having it outside of their top 5... just as I thought tbh.