What's new

Top 10(ish): 2024 Edition - page 124

John Knotts

Mega Poster
Interesting. I've heard NOTHING but bad things across the community revolving around Twisted Colossus, not only compared to other rides in the park but to most RMC's in general. I have yet to ride but the layout doesn't give me high hopes.
Bad things like what? I've heard nothing but good things about TC.

Peet

Giga Poster
I thought it was brilliant, the best ride in the park. Unfortunately it's my only RMC though so maybe I would have been less impressed if I'd been on the likes of Steel Vengeance.

Snoo

The Legend
Bad things like what? I've heard nothing but good things about TC.

Pacing, lack of airtime, and lack of dueling being the biggest complaints. As pacing and airtime are the issues I've seen in other RMC's (especially from about half of those I've been on), and based off of what I've seen from the POV's, it does not seemingly compare, especially to those RMC's dedicated to whipping your ass all the way around the course without pacing or airtime issues. That isn't even counting those other coasters that aren't RMC's that don't have those issues (I'm an admitted RMC fanboy, however, they do cater to everything I love in coasters, so that helps their cause as you can tell in my signature).

@Snoo when was the last time you rode Ravine Flyer II just out of curiosity? The last few times I've been on it, it didn't do anything for me even though at one point it was in my top ten.

Snoo

The Legend
@Snoo when was the last time you rode Ravine Flyer II just out of curiosity? The last few times I've been on it, it didn't do anything for me even though at one point it was in my top ten.
I think.. 2 years ago? Marc, Kevin, and I were coming back from NY? Maybe? And rode it. Still a great ride, but it has been slacking due to it's competition. Hard to stay up when you have rides coming out that are insanity as of late.

John Knotts

Mega Poster
Pacing, lack of airtime, and lack of dueling being the biggest complaints. As pacing and airtime are the issues I've seen in other RMC's (especially from about half of those I've been on), and based off of what I've seen from the POV's, it does not seemingly compare, especially to those RMC's dedicated to whipping your ass all the way around the course without pacing or airtime issues. That isn't even counting those other coasters that aren't RMC's that don't have those issues (I'm an admitted RMC fanboy, however, they do cater to everything I love in coasters, so that helps their cause as you can tell in my signature).

Pacing issues I get, as that was literally designed into the ride with two lifts. Lack of airtime? that ride actually hurt after 3 rides I was slammed into the restraints so forcefully. Of the RMCs I've ridden, this one has the strongest, especially towards the front of the train. I'll say that I've ridden TC recently, and have been told that the airtime is much stronger now than it was it's opening year.

And of course with ALL RMCs, the more stapled you are into their weirdly restrictive restraints, the worse your ride will be. Which is why there are such wildly varying opinions on each of their rides.

Last edited:

Alexandre Collet

Roller Poster
Pacing issues I get, as that was literally designed into the ride with two lifts. Lack of airtime? that ride actually hurt after 3 rides I was slammed into the restraints so forcefully. Of the RMCs I've ridden, this one has the strongest, especially towards the front of the train. I'll say that I've ridden TC recently, and have been told that the airtime is much stronger now than it was it's opening year.

And of course with ALL RMCs, the more stapled you are into their weirdly restrictive restraints, the worse your ride will be. Which is why there are such wildly varying opinions on each of their rides.

I agree Airtimes on TC are roughly extreme !

Snoo

The Legend

Remember, I am basing this off of POV's and not actually riding it. Of course, I'm a HUGE pacing guy. Wicked Cyclone dropped down partially because of the lack of speed in the latter half of the ride. Same with Wildfire. Of course, both rides are great but they could have been better. I think my assumption is that the pacing in the middle of the ride just kills everything, no matter how good the ride itself is. Beast, completely unrelated, can run into that as well. The ride is booty anyway but you know what I mean. :D

John Knotts

Mega Poster
And it's all subjective I realize. People who prefer RMCs embedded in the park's topography like Iron Rattler or Wildfire won't find TC's setting right over the parking lot very interesting. Some will deduct points for that second lift. Some people prefer the taller scaled rides and some prefer the shorter more compact twisters. Some prefer non stop action while other love the racing aspect of TC.

That's why you will never get two people to agree on the best or worst ones. lol

Snoo

The Legend
And it's all subjective I realize. People who prefer RMCs embedded in the park's topography like Iron Rattler or Wildfire won't find TC's setting right over the parking lot very interesting. Some will deduct points for that second lift. Some people prefer the taller scaled rides and some prefer the shorter more compact twisters. Some prefer non stop action while other love the racing aspect of TC.

That's why you will never get two people to agree on the best or worst ones. lol

Except that Lightning Rod is the best and you're wrong. :p

It's always nice to see who prefers what, especially when it comes to a relatively new manufacturer. We had this with GCI when they really got going, with GG, and now RMC. One thing we can all agree on are that woodies and/or new element steel are really taking the world by storm.

I think.. 2 years ago? Marc, Kevin, and I were coming back from NY? Maybe? And rode it. Still a great ride, but it has been slacking due to it's competition. Hard to stay up when you have rides coming out that are insanity as of late.

Maybe I caught it on a bad day but there were only like two good pops of air back in 2015!

Snoo

The Legend
Maybe I caught it on a bad day but there were only like two good pops of air back in 2015!

I've noticed that for some rides from the mid 2000's who we LOVED way back then. I've definitely had bad rides on RFII as well as Boulder Dash but then followed up by immensely sexual experiences. :D

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Except that Lightning Rod is the best and you're wrong.

It's always nice to see who prefers what, especially when it comes to a relatively new manufacturer. We had this with GCI when they really got going, with GG, and now RMC. One thing we can all agree on are that woodies and/or new element steel are really taking the world by storm.
TC is still good, it's just nowhere near some of the other RMC. Going into the turnaround, the airtime on that initial lead in is ****ing obscene, about as strong as the first pop on the final series as Storm Chaser. Yes the stall is amazing, but the second lift is slow enough that my fat ass can walk up the lift faster than it. So yes pacing kills it and it's essentially two halves of the first part of a coaster.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
By no means is Twisted Cyclone bad at all. In my opinion, it's the worst RMC, but that's like saying you drive a Porsche Panamera instead of a 911 GT3 RS. It's great, but not god tier.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
In my experience, the evaluations of Twisted Colossus in the coaster community are mixed, but mostly extremely positive. CoasterForce was the first community I came across where the negative view seems to be the dominant one.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
In my experience, the evaluations of Twisted Colossus in the coaster community are mixed, but mostly extremely positive. CoasterForce was the first community I came across where the negative view seems to be the dominant one.
It was my favorite, then I rode Outlaw Run. To confirm my thoughts, I went back to SFMM a week after OR and it simply doesnt compare. It isnt relentless like the top RMC coasters. Simple as that. Still better than most coasters though.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
It was my favorite, then I rode Outlaw Run. To confirm my thoughts, I went back to SFMM a week after OR and it simply doesnt compare. It isnt relentless like the top RMC coasters. Simple as that. Still better than most coasters though.

Yes, I’d say Outlaw Run is most commonly ranked above it, so that doesn’t surprise me. But in most places I’ve seen the RMCs ranked, Twisted Colossus is usually safely averaged in the top half, but here at CF it’s more often in the bottom half, and very frequently right at the bottom (in the spots usually occupied by the likes of The Joker or New Texas Giant).

Of course, I’m not saying anyone’s right or wrong here. I’m just noting that CF, IMO, has a lower average take on TC.

Snoo

The Legend
Yes, I’d say Outlaw Run is most commonly ranked above it, so that doesn’t surprise me. But in most places I’ve seen the RMCs ranked, Twisted Colossus is usually safely averaged in the top half, but here at CF it’s more often in the bottom half, and very frequently right at the bottom (in the spots usually occupied by the likes of The Joker or New Texas Giant).

Of course, I’m not saying anyone’s right or wrong here. I’m just noting that CF, IMO, has a lower average take on TC.

I think it may be because, at least in my humble opinion, CF does tend to be more critical and/or not follow enormous trends in the community as you may see with other websites. As we are UK based and thoughts and opinions aren't controlled or directed by Leadership, as you can see with some communities, you tend to see a wider array of thoughts. You also have a huge chunk of people here, especially the "louder" ones, who have been on a large number of rides.

Now specifically zeroing in on myself, I've been on a large number of RMC's and as I noted, pacing tends to be something I'm heavily critical of. Now, as we've seen in this thread, I'm the outlier in most cases, but as I'm "respected" you could say and I've been around a hot minute, some folks may take my opinion higher then others.

Now that's all my opinion and may be completely off base of what some other people think and feel around here, but just my random snap take on your feelings of CF and it's members against other communities out there. That being said, those feelings are the reason I've stayed around for so long as the opinions and tastes are so wide and varied, it makes for very good and interesting discussions.

Geeky Pastimes

Mega Poster
Out of Wildfire and Twisted Colossus I definitely preferred TC. The duelling (when it works) is awesome, the first drop(s) seem incredibly steep and the pace all the way around is great, just split in half by the second lift hill. I really loved every ride I had on it, whereas I feel like Wildfire lost too much energy about a third of the way through.

Snoo

The Legend
Out of Wildfire and Twisted Colossus I definitely preferred TC. The duelling (when it works) is awesome, the first drop(s) seem incredibly steep and the pace all the way around is great, just split in half by the second lift hill. I really loved every ride I had on it, whereas I feel like Wildfire lost too much energy about a third of the way through.

You hit on two big notes here for me, the ride is based on dueling, so "when it works" doesn't bode well for someone who expects something only to be disappointed. Thats like expecting to have your seats spin on X2 and have them be static. When the big draw doesn't work, it hurts the overall experience significantly. The ride still may be good, but it's almost a "whats the point?" if it doesn't duel?

Also, I do agree on the assessment of Wildfire. It should have ended with maybe some hops up the hill and then back into the brakes instead of diving down the ravine then back up. Even the wife, who is no enthusiast by any means, made note of this.