6-Full Throttle Six Flags Magic Mountain
5-Gold Striker California’s Great America
4-Cannibal Lagoon
3-GhostRider Knott’s Berry Farm
2-Joker Six Flags Discovery Kingdom
1-Twisted Colossus Six Flags Magic Mountain

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
My massive trip is done, so I can finally post on here. New creds in bold (spoiler alert- there's a lot of bold on this list).
1. El Toro
2. Outlaw Run
3. Iron Rattler
4. Wicked Cyclone
5. The Voyage
6. Skyrush
7. Fury 325

8. Maverick
9. Intimidator 305
10. Goliath GAm
11. New Texas Giant
12. Leviathan
13. Phantom's Revenge

14. Storm Chaser
15. Superman the Ride
16. Mystic Timbers

17. Millennium Force
18. Boulder Dash
19. Top Thrill Dragster
20. Behemoth
21. Diamondback
22. Apollo's Chariot
23. Storm Runner
24. Fahrenheit
25. Phoenix
26. Goliath La Ronde
27. Nitro

28. Thunderbird
29. Intimidator
30. Afterburn

31. Banshee
32. Goliath Over Georgia
33. Superman Ride of Steel SFA
34. Prowler
35. Lightning Run
36. Kingda Ka
37. The Legend
38. Superman Krypton Coaster
39. Griffon
40. Raging Bull
Outlaw Run just retook my #1. Went to SDC this weekend for the ACE event, and it was running incredibly fast, and I got to experience at night for the first time.... wow. El Toro is #2 now.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
1. Lightning Rod
2. Outlaw Run
3. Storm Chaser
4. X2
5. Maverick
6. Joker (SFDK)
7. Twisted Colossus
8. Iron Rattler
9. Voyage
10. New Texas Giant

It finally happened. After being fat shamed last year. I made my return to Dollywood yesterday. Waited an hour [added a train so that was about 30 mins] and just took the first row available. It's perfection.

That wraps up my year. Next year will be my biggest adventure yet, as we venture to Germany where I intend on making Taron my #200. Between then and now, I'll hit up SFFT for Wonder Woman, probably ZDT, and a trip back to CP for Steel Vengeance. Going to be a great 2018.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Matt N

CF Legend
My top ten is currently as follows:
  1. Mako (SeaWorld Orlando) - This was my first B&M hyper, and wow! It blew me away! Before I had the opportunity to ride, I had very high expectations of it, but I kept thinking to myself from watching POVs of different B&M hypers; "What do they [coaster enthusiasts] all like so much? It's just a load of hills in a row! Where are the inversions?" But that first ride on Mako, on the 23rd August 2016, in second row, I was wowed! The airtime was immense, with the drop really pulling me over with an immense moment of airtime. The hills all had an immense amount of airtime too. The ending also provided some nice twisty fun. When I read reviews online after riding, I was thinking "Trim? What trim? I couldn't notice any trim!" And it was so, so smooth! One of the smoothest coasters I've ever ridden. As soon as Mako ended, I just knew it was the best thing I'd ever ridden. Is that what you guys felt like when you first stepped off of El Toro, Lightning Rod, Taron and other highly rated coasters? In conclusion: best thing ever for me. Out of 39 coasters, this is my favourite.
  2. Montu (Busch Gardens Tampa) - It's just like Nemesis but longer. What's not to love?
  3. SheiKra (Busch Gardens Tampa) - I was not expecting to like SheiKra as much as I did. It's such a great ride! It packs a punch, the drops are great, it's quite smooth for a 12 year old coaster and I just adore this ride! Fun fact for you guys: SheiKra is actually my Dad's number 1 coaster!
  4. The Swarm (Thorpe Park) - I love this attraction! It packs a punch, it's virtually Mako smooth, the seating position makes for an interesting ride experience, the theming is excellent and it's just a great ride. I don't really get all the hate for wing coasters, as Swarm is fantastic in my opinion. Although in a way, I am slightly worried that I've overrated the Swarm. I last rode in May 2015, so I may have to rejudge in 2018.
  5. Nemesis (Alton Towers) - Brlliance. Sheer brilliance is what this ride is. John Wardley is a genius. Where do I even start with Nemesis' awesomeness? It's still one of the most forceful and intense roller coasters I've ever ridden. For the first few years I rode, I actually came off Nemesis with a sort of dizzy/light-headed feeling which strangely, no ride other than Montu in 2016 has given me. Also, I love that the ride builds up speed as it goes on and is still going at the same speed it started at when it hits the brake run. It's incredibly smooth for a 23 year old coaster, as well! It does have a very slight rattle to it on some rides, but this is more than acceptable at the ride's age. There are no kinks, jolts or roughness whatsoever in the trackwork itself. In fact, I actually reckon I may have had a Mako smooth ride in July 2017, with no rattle whatsoever. It just glided forcefully along the track! It was great!
  6. The Smiler (Alton Towers) - This ride is seriously messed up, from the ton of inversions to the theme, and I like it! This coaster is actually quite intense, but in a different sort of way to rides like Nemesis and Montu. Rides like Nemesis and Montu are intense in a forceful way, whereas the Smiler is intense in a crazy/dizzying sort of way, if you get what I mean. Gerstlauer were actually very clever in how they designed the Smiler's layout, because every single inversion adds to the feeling of dizziness and disorientation you get during the ride. I have also not found the Smiler overly rough, just a bit rattly. The rattle is more noticeable than on the park's B&M coasters, but is nothing too unbearable. I did have a pretty rough back row ride, however. And don't forget the cobra roll exit. An exit from one of the dive loops has a pretty hard jolt, as well. If the ride is any rougher when I next ride, I may consider bumping it down a few spots, as I'm not a fan at all of rough coasters. One thing I do find interesting, however, is that I actually think Speed at Oakwood is smoother, and it's 7 years older than Smiler.
  7. The Incredible Hulk (Islands of Adventure) - The Hulk is a great ride! I like the launch, it packs a good force to it and the onboard audio is a great touch! An interesting note is that the ride was more rattly than I would have expected from a coaster that had literally reopened after retracking earlier in the month (when I rode), but was nothing unbearable.
  8. Kraken (SeaWorld Orlando) - I was pleasantly surprised with Kraken! It was not as rough as I was expecting and I actually thought that it was pretty fast and packing a good force when I rode!
  9. Megafobia (Oakwood) - Megafobia is the only wooden roller coaster I've ridden (that is set to change in 2018!) and it is an awesome ride! It's really quite wild with quite a bit of decent airtime. In terms of airtime alone, it's probably second only to Mako, but Mako is in a different league in terms of airtime. One real detracting point from Megafobia, however, is the turns. They are unbanked, so they provide a horrible jerky sensation when the ride turns, sort of like on a Wild Mouse. It did rattle quite a bit, but less than I would expect from a 21 year old woodie.
  10. Kumba (Busch Gardens Tampa) - Kumba is a really great ride, but I don't remember it maintaining its pace as well as Kraken did. It's smooth for its age and packs a punch. I think I may need to reride Kumba in the future, as I only managed to get one ride.
So, that is my top ten. I admit that I may have some slightly strange opinions compared to all of you, but everyone's entitled to their own opinion. For all I know, there might be someone reading this who thinks that Mako is a pile of trash and Colossus at Thorpe Park (my current least favourite coaster) is amazing! Also, some of these are quite interchangeable/very closely matched. I would say that the last 3 or 4 are quite closely matched. On a completely random side note, I don't think I currently expect SW8 to change this list at all. It might really surprise me, for all I know, but I'm expecting it to be high top 20 at the very most (for me, that is, not top 20 worldwide. I've only ridden 39 coasters.) Granted, there is no video footage of it testing, currently. If I get to visit Blackpool next year, then Icon will probably make this list, but I can't judge before I ride!

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
I got some new creds delivered in the post
1. Taron
2. Nemesis
3. Space Mountain (Magic Kingdom)
4. Big Thunder Mountain (Disneyland Paris)
5. Kumba
6. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (Magic Kingdom)
7. Flying Aces
8. Joris en de Draak
9. Black Mamba
10. The Ultimate
11. Winjas
12. Baron 1898
13. Formula Rossa
14. Montu
15. Expedition Everest
16. De Vliegende Hollander
17. Stealth
18. Wild Mouse (Blackpool Pleasure Beach)
19. Madagascar Mad Pursuit
20. Saw - The Ride
Probably will do a trip thought dump soon.

Snoo

The Legend
Updating for 2018! No changes as of late.

1 Lightning Rod - Dollywood
2 Boulder Dash - Lake Compounce
3 El Toro - Six Flags Great Adventure
4 Goliath - Six Flags Great America
5 Wildfire - Kolmarden
6 Voyage - Holiday World
7 Outlaw Run - Silver Dollar City
8 Storm Chaser - Kentucky Kingdom
9 Ravine Flyer II - Waldameer
10 Maverick - Cedar Point

11 Phoenix - Knoebels
12 Cornball Express - Indiana Beach
13 Banshee - Kings Island
14 Afterburn - Carowinds
15 Boardwalk Bullet - Kemah Boardwalk
16 Wicked Cyclone - Six Flags New England
17 Top Thrill Dragster - Cedar Point
18 Superman The Ride - Six Flags New England
19 Lightning Run - Kentucky Kingdom
20 X2 - Six Flags Magic Mountain
21 Behemoth - Canada's Wonderland
22 Tatsu - Six Flags Magic Mountain
23 Evel Knievel - Six Flags St. Louis
24 Prowler - Worlds of Fun
25 Leviathan - Canada's Wonderland
26 Fury 325 - Carowinds
27 Thunderbird - Holiday World
28 Superman Krypton Coaster - Six Flags Fiesta Texas
29 SkyRush - HersheyPark
30 Patriot - Worlds of Fun

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Updating for 2018! No changes as of late.

1 Lightning Rod - Dollywood
2 Boulder Dash - Lake Compounce
3 El Toro - Six Flags Great Adventure
4 Goliath - Six Flags Great America
5 Wildfire - Kolmarden
6 Voyage - Holiday World
7 Outlaw Run - Silver Dollar City
8 Storm Chaser - Kentucky Kingdom
9 Ravine Flyer II - Waldameer
10 Maverick - Cedar Point

11 Phoenix - Knoebels
12 Cornball Express - Indiana Beach
13 Banshee - Kings Island
14 Afterburn - Carowinds
15 Boardwalk Bullet - Kemah Boardwalk
16 Wicked Cyclone - Six Flags New England
17 Top Thrill Dragster - Cedar Point
18 Superman The Ride - Six Flags New England
19 Lightning Run - Kentucky Kingdom
20 X2 - Six Flags Magic Mountain
21 Behemoth - Canada's Wonderland
22 Tatsu - Six Flags Magic Mountain
23 Evel Knievel - Six Flags St. Louis
24 Prowler - Worlds of Fun
25 Leviathan - Canada's Wonderland
26 Fury 325 - Carowinds
27 Thunderbird - Holiday World
28 Superman Krypton Coaster - Six Flags Fiesta Texas
29 SkyRush - HersheyPark
30 Patriot - Worlds of Fun
What’s so great about Evel Knievel at SFStL? That’s not one I’ve heard praised before (and I’ve never been to that park).

J Rod

Roller Poster
Really low coaster count but here it is

1.Millennium Force
2. Maverick
3. Top Thrill Dragster
4. Montu
5. Goliath SFOG
6. White Lightning
7. Incredible Hulk
8. Sheikra
9. Kumba
10. Was the Fire/Chinese Fireball side of Dueling Dragons/Dragon Challenge, but since IOA committed a brutal murder, I guess it's now Cheetah Hunt

Snow

Roller Poster
I've got a pretty meager credit count, but here goes.

1) Twisted Colossus: Just a ridiculously fun ride. Not much more to say, it just has everything I love in a coaster (except for terrain interaction, but oh well.)

2) Tatsu:
This is the only flying coaster I've been on, but looking at the others, I still feel like this is the only one that lives up to a flying coaster's potential. The intensity increases throughout the layout rather than the other way around, and the terrain interaction makes it feel like you're actually flying somewhere instead of hovering over some concrete slab or patch of grass.

3) Joker (Discovery Kingdom) : It's not as good as Twisted Colossus, sure, but it's still an RMC. As such, it's just a damn fun ride.

4) X2:
In terms of pure fear factor, nothing comes close to X2 for me. That first drop legitimately made me feel like I was going to die the first time I rode this thing, and even on repeat rides, the drop still gets me. The only reason it's not ranked higher is because of its many flaws, such as the jerky seat rotation that can cause headbanging, oddly intensifying in the underwhelming second part of the ride. Still, from a thrill standpoint, X2 might just be unbeatable.

5) Kumba: Before riding Kumba, I had a hard time seeing how it could be better than the newer, larger floorless B&Ms. Then I rode it. This thing is ridiculously fast- paced, snappy, and somehow keeps its intensity throughout the whole layout. Not only that, it makes subtle but effective use of terrain and foilage, which is remarkable considering how flat Florida is.

6) Giant Dipper (Santa Cruz) : Weird choice, I know. Maybe this is just irrational emotion speaking, but this old little coaster is just so damn fun. Plus, it's got some good laterals and lots of airtime, so that's nice.

7) Montu: Most of what I said about Kumba applies here as well, but Montu unfortunately loses some of its bite in the second half. Otherwise, I'd probably put it above Kumba due to the inverted factor working so well with the terrain.

8) Apocalypse: I'm not sure how this ride rode before it's retracking, but when I rode it this summer it was smooth, fast, and a whole lot of fun.

9) Cheetah Hunt: I only got to do this one once, but it was a pretty neat ride. It would probably be a few spots higher if it had lapbars, as moreso than other rides, I feel like the OTSRs are a big detriment here. Though to be fair, I just despise OTSRs in general, mostly because I'm a bit too tall to fit in them comfortably.

10) Flight Deck:
There might be some nostalgia speaking here, as this was my first big rollercoaster and I haven't been on it in a while. Still, I think this is a fun, intense ride that has some cool terrain interaction and good pacing.

Some rides that would potentially have made my list if they were open when I visited ( :mad:) or rides that have opened since I've visited:

Full Throttle
Shiekra
Gold Striker

Snoo

The Legend
What’s so great about Evel Knievel at SFStL? That’s not one I’ve heard praised before (and I’ve never been to that park).

Its always been one of my favorite GCIs. It was MUCH better when it came out. It pretty much exemplified what you want in a small GCI. Great drop. Awesome repeated air. Fun ride that is relentless until the end. It's probably due for a drop IMO, I just haven't touched the latter half of my Top 30 in a hot minute except to add stuff. :p

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Its always been one of my favorite GCIs. It was MUCH better when it came out. It pretty much exemplified what you want in a small GCI. Great drop. Awesome repeated air. Fun ride that is relentless until the end. It's probably due for a drop IMO, I just haven't touched the latter half of my Top 30 in a hot minute except to add stuff. :p
Thanks for the answer.
I just realized why I haven’t heard many praise this: this is the ride that’s now called American Thunder, a ride I have heard praised, and called underrated, etc.
So you like it more than The Boss, I take it.

Snoo

The Legend
Thanks for the answer.
I just realized why I haven’t heard many praise this: this is the ride that’s now called American Thunder, a ride I have heard praised, and called underrated, etc.
So you like it more than The Boss, I take it.

I still call it Evel Knievel because its a much better name. :p

Yes, MUCH better then Boss. That bad boy I vow to never ride again until its redone.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Some major changes in the Top 10 for me this year! So after trips to Italy, Florida and Ghosterforce, it now looks something like this: (new entries provided with reasoning)

1. Mako
Trims? What trims?! This thing absolutely flies around and the airtime is perfection. I love the layout, the soundtrack, the two-tone purple paint job on the track. This ride is just...the complete package, for me. It's forceful, but not insanely so. Could ride it all day! But riding it as the sun set in the front row was one of those magic coaster moments for me <3 Pure coaster joy.
I just experienced this one for the first time. What I REALLY loved is that they let me set the clamshell restraint wherever I wanted, every ride. The result was so much lovely airtime. :D

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
Just finished my first trip of 2018 with a few new noteworthy creds including 2 new for 2018s already.

1. Lightning Rod

2. Outlaw Run
3. El Toro
4. Iron Rattler
5. Wicked Cyclone
6. The Voyage
7. Skyrush
8. Fury 325
9. Maverick
10. Intimidator 305
11. Goliath (GAm)
12. Twisted Timbers
13. New Texas Giant
14. Phantoms Revenge
15. Storm Chaser
16. Leviathan
17. Time Traveler
18. Superman the Ride
19. Mystic Timbers
20. Millennium Force
21. Boulder Dash
22. Top Thrill Dragster
23. Behemoth
24. Diamondback
25. Apollo's Chariot
26. Storm Runner
27. Fahrenheit
28. Phoenix
29. Goliath (La Ronde)
30. Nitro
Lightning Rod is incredible. I finally got on it and it did not disappoint at all. The Quad down man.... wow.
Twisted Timbers was fun, but it isn't exactly what I like in these RMCs (big, steep drops and speed) but man it has some crazy good ejector throughout. i305 is still my favorite in that park (yeah whatever, scold me all you want).
Tim Traveler is such a unique and fun experience. Not the most intense coaster but man it's an absolute blast and easily takes a spot in my top 20. Going through those inversions spinning is such a cool sensation and this thing is a winner.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
^Glad to read Time Traveller was a hit. First actual review I've seen, really looking forward to riding it in the summer. Just looks sooo cool and funky.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Just finished my first trip of 2018 with a few new noteworthy creds including 2 new for 2018s already.
Lightning Rod is incredible. I finally got on it and it did not disappoint at all. The Quad down man.... wow.
Preach!
Tim Traveler is such a unique and fun experience. Not the most intense coaster but man it's an absolute blast and easily takes a spot in my top 20. Going through those inversions spinning is such a cool sensation and this thing is a winner.
Echo @Howie, good to hear a review of it, looks decent fun but unspectacular, still can't get over the launch stop tho.