Top 10(ish): 2024 Edition - page 124

TilenB

Strata Poster
Re: Top 10: 2013 Edition

AquaTrax said:
1. Gemini at Cedar Point (Blue)
2. Blue Streak at Cedar Point
3. Gemini at Cedar Point (Red)
4. Primeval Whirl at Disney's Animal Kingdom (Left)
5. Primeval Whirl at Disney's Animal Kingdom (Right)
6. Expedition Everest at Disney's Animal Kingdom
7. Rock 'N' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith at Disney's Hollywood Studios
8. Mean Streak at Cedar Point
9. Iron Dragon at Cedar Point
10. Space Mountain at Disney's Magic Kingdom (Alpha)

thats all

AquaTrax said:
1. T Express
2. Boulder Dash
3. El Toro
4. Voyage
5. Balder
6. Crystal Wings
7. El Toro (germany)
8. Supersonic Oddysey
9. X2
10. Silver Star
11. Atlantis Adventure
12. Oziris
13. Black Mamba
14. Stealth
15. Kawasemi
16. Phaethon
17. Mega Lite
18. Steel Dragon 2000
19. Hollywood Dream
20. Colossos

Woah, you have ridden more than 700 coasters in a period of last 4 months?
Where is your teleporting device? I want one too. :)

Blizzrock

Roller Poster

Updated list after a trip from Florida up the east coast to SFGA, SFNE, Hersheypark, and Canada's Wonderland:

1. El Toro -- Six Flags Great Adventure
2. Bizarro -- Six Flags New England
3. i305 -- King's Dominion
4. Maverick -- Cedar Point
5. Phoenix -- Knoebels
6. Millennium Force -- Cedar Point
7. Top Thrill Dragster -- Cedar Point
8. Apollo's Chariot -- Busch Gardens Williamsburg
9. Nitro -- Six Flags Great Adventure
10. Behemoth -- Canada's Wonderland

11. Goliath -- Six Flags over Georgia
12. Griffon -- Busch Gardens Williamsburg
13. Montu -- Busch Gardens Tampa
14. Volcano: The Blast Coaster -- King's Dominion
15. Storm Runner -- Hersheypark
16. Lightning Racer -- Hersheypark
17. SheiKra -- Busch Gardens Tampa
18. Manta -- Sea World Orlando
19. Kraken -- Sea World Orlando
20. Dominator -- King's Dominion

Unfortunately, Leviathan picked the one day I was there to valley for the first time, which really put a damper on the Canada's Wonderland day. On another note, am I the only one that finds Skyrush's restraints pretty painful? I only got to ride it once because of Friday's rainstorms, but I found myself wincing when the train powered over those hills.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster

^Plenty of people find them painful and they supposedly added padding to them after the Live we had last year. The first ride was painful but by the third go-around on it during ERT My legs were basically numb so it became a much more enjoyable experience.

theRock-steel

Mega Poster

Blizzrock said:
15. Lightning Racer -- Hersheypark

Unfortunately, Leviathan picked the one day I was there to valley for the first time, which really put a damper on the Canada's Wonderland day. On another note, am I the only one that finds Skyrush's restraints pretty painful? I only got to ride it once because of Friday's rainstorms, but I found myself wincing when the train powered over those hills.

It was good to see Lightning Racer so high on someone else's list. I combine steel and wooden just in my top 50. The crazy thing is LR sits in the exact same spot on mine as it does yours.

I rode Skyrush twice; once in front, once in back. First of all, it was impossible to load and unload from the same side. Climbing the lift sooo fast was the best part. After that, it was more pain than gain. Millennium Force, Top Thrill Dragster, Maverick, Kingda Ka, and both Ride of Steels are great. Fahrenheit, Volcano, Wicked Twister, and Avatar Airbender are pretty good. El Toro, Storm Runner, and Skyrush are very overrated. There are four companies that I could say are better than Intamin; it is not all that.

andrus

Giga Poster

theRock-steel said:
El Toro, Storm Runner, and Skyrush are very overrated. There are four companies that I could say are better than Intamin; it is not all that.
With Storm Runner I agree. It's too rough to be thoroughly enjoable, and the laout is not that great either tbh. El Toro I haven't been on, but if it's anything like Colossos it's definitely not overrated! And Skyrush, what can I say? It is so damn good! Way better than anything else at the moment. Intamin raised the bar for what a thrill ride can and should do!! My number one and rightly so! <3

theRock-steel said:
Millennium Force, Top Thrill Dragster, Maverick, Kingda Ka, and both Ride of Steels are great.
Ok, so I don't wan't to pick on others taste in coasters.. But: how can you think the Rides of Steels are any good?? Especially since you pic on first class coasters as Skyrush and El Toro!? Ride of Steel at SFA was both painful and dull at the same time :p The ankle restraints hurt and the long straaight+never ending helix+fairly low amount of airtime for being an Intamin makes the coaster a rather forgettable experience for me.. (I liked Joker's Jinx a lot better than RoS at SFA!)

Hutch

Strata Poster

andrus said:
Ride of Steel at SFA was both painful and dull at the same time :p

Agreed. Although I've never been on either of the Ride of Steels mirrored coasters, I can tell they look quite boring and meh. I find it hard to believe that Bizarro/Superman opened only a year later at SFNE and became one of the best steel coasters on the planet.

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster

1) Shambhala - PortAventura
2) Montu - BGT
3) SheiKra - BGT
4) Nemesis - Alton Towers
5) Kraken - Seaworld Orlando
6) Dragon Khan - Portaventura
7) Kumba - BGT
8) Oblivion - Alton Towers
9) Dive Coaster - Chimelong Paradise
10) Expedition Everest - Animal Kingdom

boesball2007

Roller Poster

1. Voyage
2. Beast
3. Gatekeeper
4. Millenium Force
5. Shivering Timbers
6. Intimidator (Carowinds)
7. Magnum 200
8. Raging Bull
9. Diamondback
10. Montu

Honorable mentions not in order:
Sheikra
Afterburn
Raven
Top Thrill Dragster
Maverick

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster

Edward M said:
boesball2007 said:

FINALLY, Someone else who sees how **** awesome Beast is! It is loads better than El Toro! IMO of course

I respect your opinion and I'm not trying to be against it, but could you explain what is so awesome about Beast? From videos it just looks like a bunch of turns, weak helixes, and tunnels in a 4 minute ride through trees.

Edward M

Strata Poster

Don't judge a ride by it's cover. The Beast is one of the best rides of all time because it is an experience. I felt El Toro was an amazing roller coaster but I didn't connect with it. I had nothing special to it. Just airtime. The experience of the Beast is riding through the woods at almost 70 miles per hour with no sense of being in a theme park. Also the finale helix is the most forceful helix I have ever been on. It can only be ridden to be believed. You really can't understand the full magnitude of how amazing it is until you ride. I am, of course, in a minority that thinks The Beast is better than El Toro. I prefer The Beast because I enjoy the experience of not being in a theme park, but still on a roller coaster. I also love MF for a similar reason. MF was like riding on a cloud over the horizon. Smooth as glass and soaring like a beautiful bird over the sun. It is an experience. I love Maverick for this reason too. It was fast and intense of course, but it still had a theming and backbone to rely on it. It went by lakes and had a beautiful setting. I just don't find anything special in El Toro except the airtime which is why it is my number 3. If this was my top 10 Best roller coasters. El Toro would be number 1, but this is my Favorite roller coasters. I prefer an experience through a forest than a slab of concrete put in the place of some TOGO piece of s**t. I want an experience, something I will never forget. I sometimes want to put The Beast as my number 1 but I love MF just a bit more.

Jason, don't judge a ride before you ride it. I was expecting The Beast to be only decent, but it was amazing. It might be tied for number 1. I don't know, all I know is that I **** love it!

Intricks

Strata Poster

The Beast only comes alive at night. It is terrible during the day, but the night ride I had on it during Halloweekends a few years back was amazeballs.

You no longer feel like you are on a coaster, but riding on the back as it traverses around in the dark. Youve got no light to really understand where you are, you are just at the mercy of it.

So I love the nightride, but the day ride can go **** off in an instant. It is a serious contrast for one single coaster, so I dont really put it anywhere on my top <insert number>.

Edward M

Strata Poster

Intricks said:
The Beast only comes alive at night. It is terrible during the day, but the night ride I had on it during Halloweekends a few years back was amazeballs.

You no longer feel like you are on a coaster, but riding on the back as it traverses around in the dark. Youve got no light to really understand where you are, you are just at the mercy of it.

So I love the nightride, but the day ride can go **** off in an instant. It is a serious contrast for one single coaster, so I dont really put it anywhere on my top <insert number>.

I actually like it better during the day, no joke :?

Hutch

Strata Poster

Edward M said:
Don't judge a ride by it's cover. The Beast is one of the best rides of all time because it is an experience. I felt El Toro was an amazing roller coaster but I didn't connect with it. I had nothing special to it. Just airtime. The experience of the Beast is riding through the woods at almost 70 miles per hour with no sense of being in a theme park. Also the finale helix is the most forceful helix I have ever been on. It can only be ridden to be believed. You really can't understand the full magnitude of how amazing it is until you ride. I am, of course, in a minority that thinks The Beast is better than El Toro. I prefer The Beast because I enjoy the experience of not being in a theme park, but still on a roller coaster. I also love MF for a similar reason. MF was like riding on a cloud over the horizon. Smooth as glass and soaring like a beautiful bird over the sun. It is an experience. I love Maverick for this reason too. It was fast and intense of course, but it still had a theming and backbone to rely on it. It went by lakes and had a beautiful setting. I just don't find anything special in El Toro except the airtime which is why it is my number 3. If this was my top 10 Best roller coasters. El Toro would be number 1, but this is my Favorite roller coasters. I prefer an experience through a forest than a slab of concrete put in the place of some TOGO piece of s**t. I want an experience, something I will never forget. I sometimes want to put The Beast as my number 1 but I love MF just a bit more.

Jason, don't judge a ride before you ride it. I was expecting The Beast to be only decent, but it was amazing. It might be tied for number 1. I don't know, all I know is that I **** love it!

+1

You can never be sure about a coaster if you've never ridden it. I've never ridden Beast or Toro, and I do agree with you about El Toro being the better coaster, but I'm still not sure what would end up being my favorite of those two.

I also agree with you about Millennium Force. So what if it doesn't have any airtime or intense forces? It's all about speed and heights which was what I loved about it (add an amazing first drop to that and it's perfect!)!

From videos it just looks like a bunch of turns, weak helixes, and tunnels in a 4 minute ride through trees.

Like what Edward said, don't judge a ride before you ride it. When you're watching a POV of Beast you can't really tell how rough and exciting it really is, whereas you can really see the airtime on a POV of El Toro.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Here's how mine is looking right now:

1. Boulder Dash
2. X2
3. El Toro
4. Maverick
5. Outlaw Run
6. Top Thrill Dragster
7. Voyage
8. New Texas Giant
9. RFII
10. Tatsu

11. Montu
12. Bizzaro
13. Diamondback
14. Incredible Hulk
15. Nemesis
16. Iron Rattler
17. Dragon Khan
18. Phoenix
19. Oblivion
20. Beast

New entries for 2013 in bold.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

^Wow! Really liked X2, huh bud? :p

Glad to see you also liked Outlaw Run and you seem to agree with me about Iron Rattler. Wonder where Hades 360 will land in your list?

1. Boulder Dash
2. Outlaw Run
3. El Toro
4. Skyrush
5. Voyage
6. Colossos
7. Superman:Ride of Steel/Bizarro
8. Leviathan
9. X-Flight
10. Top Thrill Dragster
11. Maverick
12. Goliath (Walibi Holland)
13. blue fire Megacoaster
14. X2
15. Nemesis
16. Tatsu
17. Phoenix
18. Iron Rattler
19. Ravine Flyer II
20. Expedition GeForce
21. New Texas Giant
22. Behemoth
23. Cornball Express
24. Griffon
25. Beast

New entries for 2013 in bold.

So where's Gatekeeper? It's simply not that good people. Get over it!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

ECG said:
^Wow! Really liked X2, huh bud? :p
X2 was unlike any other coaster I've ever ridden. An amazingly unique experience, and it kicks-ass! So yeah, it ranks pretty high for me.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

X2 is like riding motorcycle that runs on pure anger.

My new and improved Top 10 (and rankings to 25)

1. Ravine Flyer II
2. Maverick
3. X2
4. Skyrush
5. Outlaw Run
6. Diamondback
7. Thunderhead
8. Golaith
9. Millennium Force
10. TTD

11. Iron Rattler
12. New Texas Giant
13. Storm Runner
14. Tatsu
15. Apocalypse the Ride
16. Incredible Hulk
17. Magnum XL-200
18. American Thunder
19. The Beast
20. Raptor

21. Great Bear
22. Patriot
23. GateKeeper
24. Lightning Racer
25. Green Lantern: First Flight

All three RMC's are amazing, and are redefining the entire market. Outlaw Run is definitely worth breaking a top 10 over - and Iron Rattler and Texas Giant are very good as well. (Top 25 for me)

American Thunder is a great GCI that sits on a unique, tight layout.

As Jerry said, GateKeeper is not an intense roller coaster. It isn't meant to be. It is more of a flying experience, with a heavy focus on aesthetics. I could care less how it rides - it is one of the most gorgeous looking roller coasters to date.