What's new

Top 10(ish): 2024 Edition - page 124

Matt N

CF Legend
Right, I know I updated the list fairly recently after my Florida trip in April, but I've reridden some other things and let's be honest; I'm never truly decisive about the ordering of my coaster rankings, am I? Also, I'm going to place a rating out of 10 next to each of the coasters in my list, as I have ranked every coaster I've ridden and rated it out of 10 on an overall spectrum of enjoyment, so I thought you guys might be interested to see what score I would give each of these rides. Anyway, without further ado, let's get right into my rankings, starting with my top 10 coasters with descriptions (warning in advance; some of my opinions may be controversial!):
Matt N's Top 10 Coasters (w/descriptions)
  1. Mako (Orlando) - Nearly 3 years after my first ride, this wonderful beast of a coaster still remains at the top spot for me! That might seem ludicrous given how many more rides I've ridden since, but when I delve into the ride experience, it's easy to see why this ride remains my #1; it's glass smooth and insanely rerideable, yet also forceful enough to feel as though you've gotten a kick out of it! But the main reason why it did so much for me was because it is an absolute airtime machine wherever you sit! This ride probably still has the greatest airtime I've ever experienced on a coaster; that first drop and those big hills provide ludicrously good sustained airtime, in my opinion! Mako is pretty much everything I enjoy in a coaster summed up in one ride, and even though it's nearly 3 years since I last rode, I am fairly certain that it is still my favourite coaster; plummeting over those airtime hills and down that first drop for the first time are still some of the greatest memories of my entire life! 10/10
  2. Icon - A phrase I would use to describe Icon is "jack of all trades"; I don't think it is the best coaster I've ridden in any particular category, but it is immensely good in quite a number of categories! I will admit the launches are not the greatest, but I don't think that really matters given how awesome the rest of the ride is! Icon is an extremely smooth coaster, it has very good ejector airtime, the turns are nice and whippy, the trains are excellent and the ride is very well paced, as well as being forceful enough to feel as though you've gotten a kick out of it! Overall, I think Icon is a wonderful coaster, and as with Mako above, it is exactly my sort of ride! I value fun and rerideability hugely in a coaster, and Icon is outstanding at both of these, in my opinion! 10/10
  3. Montu - An absolutely outstanding inverted coaster! Montu packs some absolutely fantastic forces and elements into its layout, in my opinion, and despite being such a big, sprawling beast of a coaster, it has just the right amount of intensity for me! It's also fantastically smooth for a coaster of its age and intensity, and some of the inversions are brilliant and unique, as well as having brilliant pacing, which I find staggering given that it's quite a long coaster! Overall, Montu is a simply fabulous coaster! 10/10
  4. Nemesis - As soon as I came off Nemesis for the first time in 2013, I knew it was a special ride for me! Even though my coaster count has increased exponentially since I first rode it, Nemesis has somehow managed to stand the test of time within my rankings; in fact, it actually ranks 1 spot higher for me now than it did in 2014, when I'd only ridden 25 coasters as opposed to the 66 I've ridden now! I swear my respect for it grows every time I ride it, and I loved it from ride 1! It shares many positive attributes with Montu above; it too is a fantastically paced coaster that is staggeringly smooth for its age and intensity! Nemesis is also potentially one of the most unique and artfully designed coasters I've ever ridden; even though Montu ranks slightly higher for me, I still absolutely love how Nemesis keeps on building up speed and intensity throughout the layout! It may be one of my most ridden coasters, and I may rank Montu marginally higher, but I don't think the raw thrill of Nemesis will ever grow old for me! 10/10
  5. The Swarm - In my opinion, The Swarm is potentially one of the most underrated coasters in the UK! Many slate it, but I absolutely adore it! It's glass smooth, decently forceful, the hangtime is fantastic and it's genuinely one of the most relentlessly fun and rerideable coasters I've ever ridden! As with Nemesis above, I also think that The Swarm grows on me each time I ride it, despite how much I loved it upon my first ride back in 2014! Overall, The Swarm is definitely my favourite Thorpe coaster, and such a thrilling, yet smooth and rerideable coaster, in my opinion! 10/10
  6. SheiKra - Enthusiasts may often criticise Dive Coasters for being one-trick-ponies, but SheiKra's trick is executed fantastically, in my opinion! The vertical drop 200ft above Busch Gardens is simply fantastic, in my opinion! The ride is also decently forceful, very smooth and has a number of other fantastic elements to it that really make it a fantastic ride! Overall, SheiKra is awesome, if you ask me! 10/10
  7. Mine Blower - Do not let this ride's unassuming stats fool you; Mine Blower is awesome! It's got some brilliant moments of ejector airtime and has fantastic pacing! The ride's signature inversion is also fantastic, and provides a seriously nice moment of hangtime in somewhat stark contrast to the relentless nature of the rest of the ride! Even though it wasn't the smoothest coaster I've ridden, I also didn't find Mine Blower as unbearably rough as expected; I only found it to have the slight rattle you'd expect from a wooden coaster and the odd minor jolt! However, do bear in mind that I only rode in the front, so it might vary further back. All in all, Mine Blower is a brilliant wooden coaster that's definitely worth taking a detour from the main parks of Central Florida for, in my opinion! 9/10
  8. Kumba - I don't initially remember Kumba ranking insanely highly for me when I first made a top 10, but the more I think about it, the more I remember this ride being fantastic! Kumba certainly packs a punch throughout, and is reasonably smooth with some great inversions! Overall, a really good sit-down looper from B&M, in my opinion! 9/10
  9. Kraken - Another one that I personally find to be very underrated! I never hear much positivity regarding Kraken, but I thought it was brilliant! Some great inversions in there, and I remember it being very well paced with power right through to the end, even though I don't remember it being quite as forceful as some other B&Ms I've done! Overall, a brilliant B&M coaster, in my opinion! 9/10
  10. Incredible Hulk - The only launched B&M coaster I've done, and it packs a punch for sure! The ride starts with a huge bang; the initial sequence of elements following the launch are absolutely outstanding, in my opinion! However, the reason the ride does not rank as highly as some other B&Ms for me is because I find the ending to be somewhat weak compared to the likes of Kumba, Kraken, Montu and others and I also don't think it's quite as smooth, although I certainly didn't find Hulk anywhere near unrideable by any means. Still, it's a fantastic coaster despite all of this, in my opinion; if it was a little smoother and the ending maintained the momentum of the fantastic start, it would possibly hit my 10/10 tier! 9/10
Now I've gotten the descriptions over with, I'll give a wider insight into the rest of my rankings with a top 30:
Matt N's Top 30 Coasters
  1. Mako (SeaWorld Orlando) (10/10)
  2. Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach) (10/10)
  3. Montu (Busch Gardens Tampa) (10/10)
  4. Nemesis (Alton Towers) (10/10)
  5. The Swarm (Thorpe Park) (10/10)
  6. SheiKra (Busch Gardens Tampa) (10/10)
  7. Mine Blower (Fun Spot Kissimmee) (9/10)
  8. Kumba (Busch Gardens Tampa) (9/10)
  9. Kraken (SeaWorld Orlando) (9/10)
  10. Incredible Hulk (Universal's Islands of Adventure) (9/10)
  11. Wicker Man (Alton Towers) (9/10)
  12. Megafobia (Oakwood) (9/10)
  13. Rock'n'Rollercoaster (Disney's Hollywood Studios) (9/10)
  14. Stealth (Thorpe Park) (8/10)
  15. Nemesis Inferno (Thorpe Park) (8/10)
  16. Galactica (Alton Towers) (8/10)
  17. Revenge of the Mummy (Universal Studios Florida) (8/10)
  18. Oblivion (Alton Towers) (8/10)
  19. Nickelodeon Streak (Blackpool Pleasure Beach) (8/10)
  20. Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit (Universal Studios Florida) (7/10)
  21. Cheetah Hunt (Busch Gardens Tampa) (7/10)
  22. Space Mountain Alpha (Disney's Magic Kingdom) (7/10)
  23. Big Dipper (Blackpool Pleasure Beach) (7/10)
  24. Expedition Everest (Disney's Animal Kingdom) (6/10)
  25. Thirteen (Alton Towers) (6/10)
  26. Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts (Universal Studios Florida) (6/10)
  27. Slinky Dog Dash (Disney's Hollywood Studios) (6/10)
  28. Manta (SeaWorld Orlando) (6/10)
  29. The Smiler (Alton Towers) (6/10)
  30. Cobra's Curse (Busch Gardens Tampa) (6/10)
So, that's my rankings! With the whole rating out of 10 thing, do bear in mind that this is relative to my entire count, which is why some of the top-notch family coasters I've done, like Thirteen and Everest, only get a 6/10. This is also why Gringotts only gets a 6/10 as a coaster; if I was to rate and rank it as a dark ride, its score would be far higher!
Right, it's the end of my coastering year and my indecisiveness, as well as having reridden some things, has led me to reshuffle my list once again. There's been no major changes, but I just decided to change a few things:
(The rides I moved are in italics):
The Top 10 (w/descriptions):
  1. Mako (Orlando) - Nearly 3 years after my first ride, this wonderful beast of a coaster still remains at the top spot for me! That might seem ludicrous given how many more rides I've ridden since, but when I delve into the ride experience, it's easy to see why this ride remains my #1; it's glass smooth and insanely rerideable, yet also forceful enough to feel as though you've gotten a kick out of it! But the main reason why it did so much for me was because it is an absolute airtime machine wherever you sit! This ride probably still has the greatest airtime I've ever experienced on a coaster; that first drop and those big hills provide ludicrously good sustained airtime, in my opinion! Mako is pretty much everything I enjoy in a coaster summed up in one ride, and even though it's nearly 3 years since I last rode, I am fairly certain that it is still my favourite coaster; plummeting over those airtime hills and down that first drop for the first time are still some of the greatest memories of my entire life! 10/10
  2. Icon - A phrase I would use to describe Icon is "jack of all trades"; I don't think it is the best coaster I've ridden in any particular category, but it is immensely good in quite a number of categories! I will admit the launches are not the greatest, but I don't think that really matters given how awesome the rest of the ride is! Icon is an extremely smooth coaster, it has very good ejector airtime, the turns are nice and whippy, the trains are excellent and the ride is very well paced, as well as being forceful enough to feel as though you've gotten a kick out of it! Overall, I think Icon is a wonderful coaster, and as with Mako above, it is exactly my sort of ride! I value fun and rerideability hugely in a coaster, and Icon is outstanding at both of these, in my opinion! 10/10
  3. Montu - An absolutely outstanding inverted coaster! Montu packs some absolutely fantastic forces and elements into its layout, in my opinion, and despite being such a big, sprawling beast of a coaster, it has just the right amount of intensity for me! It's also fantastically smooth for a coaster of its age and intensity, and some of the inversions are brilliant and unique, as well as having brilliant pacing, which I find staggering given that it's quite a long coaster! Overall, Montu is a simply fabulous coaster! 10/10
  4. SheiKra - Enthusiasts may often criticise Dive Coasters for being one-trick-ponies, but SheiKra's trick is executed fantastically, in my opinion! The vertical drop 200ft above Busch Gardens is simply fantastic, in my opinion! The ride is also decently forceful, very smooth and has a number of other fantastic elements to it that really make it a fantastic ride! Overall, SheiKra is awesome, if you ask me! 10/10
  5. The Swarm - In my opinion, The Swarm is potentially one of the most underrated coasters in the UK! Many slate it, but I absolutely adore it! It's glass smooth, decently forceful while not being too forceful, the hangtime is fantastic and it's genuinely one of the most relentlessly fun and rerideable coasters I've ever ridden! I also think that The Swarm grows on me each time I ride it, despite how much I loved it upon my first ride back in 2014! Overall, The Swarm is definitely my favourite Thorpe coaster, and such a thrilling, yet smooth and rerideable coaster, in my opinion! 10/10
  6. Mine Blower - Do not let this ride's unassuming stats fool you; Mine Blower is awesome! It's got some brilliant moments of ejector airtime and has fantastic pacing! The ride's signature inversion is also fantastic, and provides a seriously nice moment of hangtime in somewhat stark contrast to the relentless nature of the rest of the ride! Even though it wasn't the smoothest coaster I've ridden, I also didn't find Mine Blower as unbearably rough as expected; I only found it to have the slight rattle you'd expect from a wooden coaster and the odd minor jolt! However, do bear in mind that I only rode in the front, so it might vary further back. All in all, Mine Blower is a brilliant wooden coaster that's definitely worth taking a detour from the main parks of Central Florida for, in my opinion! 10/10 (Update: I decided to upgrade Mine Blower to a 10/10 because in all honesty, my level of enjoyment from it definitely matched my other 10/10 coasters, and I can't really think of anything inherently wrong with it!)
  7. Nemesis - As soon as I came off Nemesis for the first time in 2013, I knew it was a special ride for me! Even though my coaster count has increased exponentially since I first rode it, Nemesis has somehow managed to stand the test of time within my rankings! It shares many positive attributes with Montu above; it too is a fantastically paced coaster that is staggeringly smooth for its age and intensity! Nemesis is also potentially one of the most unique and artfully designed coasters I've ever ridden; even though Montu ranks slightly higher for me, I still absolutely love how Nemesis keeps on building up speed and intensity throughout the layout! It may be one of my most ridden coasters, and I may rank Montu marginally higher, but I don't think the raw thrill of Nemesis will ever grow old for me! However, the reason why I have moved it down and downgraded it to a 9 from a 10 is because despite it being very smooth for its age, I do often find that some of the transitions are slightly jarring to me. Nemesis is still a fantastic ride, though! 9/10
  8. Kraken - Another one that I personally find to be very underrated! I never hear much positivity regarding Kraken, but I thought it was brilliant! Some great inversions in there, and I remember it being very well paced with power right through to the end, even though I don't remember it being quite as forceful as some other B&Ms I've done! Overall, a brilliant B&M coaster, in my opinion! 9/10
  9. Kumba - I don't initially remember Kumba ranking insanely highly for me when I first made a top 10, but the more I think about it, the more I remember this ride being fantastic! Kumba certainly packs a punch throughout, and is reasonably smooth with some great inversions! Overall, a really good sit-down looper from B&M, in my opinion! 9/10
  10. Wicker Man - I know it may only look small, but don't be fooled; Wicker Man certainly packs a punch! I absolutely love the ride's relentless pacing and amazing transitions, and I just think it's an immensely fun wooden coaster in general! If there was one thing I would change about Wicker Man, I would add more moments of airtime, as I feel the ride's airtime is somewhat minimal in comparison to other wooden coasters I've ridden, but this is probably me being picky, as GCIs aren't really about airtime! Overall, I think Wicker Man is a superb wooden coaster; definitely my favourite UK wooden coaster! 9/10
The Top 30:
  1. Mako (SeaWorld Orlando) (10/10)
  2. Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach) (10/10)
  3. Montu (Busch Gardens Tampa) (10/10)
  4. SheiKra (Busch Gardens Tampa) (10/10)
  5. The Swarm (Thorpe Park) (10/10)
  6. Mine Blower (Fun Spot Kissimmee) (10/10)
  7. Nemesis (Alton Towers) (9/10)
  8. Kraken (SeaWorld Orlando) (9/10)
  9. Kumba (Busch Gardens Tampa) (9/10)
  10. Wicker Man (Alton Towers) (9/10)
  11. Nemesis Inferno (Thorpe Park) (9/10)
  12. Megafobia (Oakwood) (9/10)
  13. Stealth (Thorpe Park) (8/10)
  14. Incredible Hulk (Universal's Islands of Adventure) (8/10)
  15. Rock'n'Rollercoaster (Disney's Hollywood Studios) (8/10)
  16. Galactica (Alton Towers) (8/10)
  17. Revenge of the Mummy (Universal Studios Florida) (8/10)
  18. Oblivion (Alton Towers) (8/10)
  19. Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit (Universal Studios Florida) (7/10)
  20. Cheetah Hunt (Busch Gardens Tampa) (7/10)
  21. Space Mountain Alpha (Disney's Magic Kingdom) (7/10)
  22. Thirteen (Alton Towers) (6/10)
  23. Expedition Everest (Disney's Animal Kingdom) (6/10)
  24. Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts (Universal Studios Florida) (6/10)
  25. Slinky Dog Dash (Disney's Hollywood Studios) (6/10)
  26. Avalanche (Blackpool Pleasure Beach) (6/10)
  27. Big Dipper (Blackpool Pleasure Beach) (6/10)
  28. Manta (SeaWorld Orlando) (6/10)
  29. The Smiler (Alton Towers) (6/10)
  30. Cobra's Curse (Busch Gardens Tampa) (6/10)
So, those are my updated rankings! I'm hoping for some new additions next year, but I don't know exactly what those would be or where they would come from. Also, it is worth me noting that my ratings out of 10 are relative to my entire count.

Last edited:

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
My Top 10 hasn't changed all that much since I last posted (mainly since I've got, what, three new creds since then?), but I'll post it again because it'll soon be time to do a count of everyone's Top 10 again, and I want mine to be in it. So here goes:
  1. Helix, Liseberg. No questions asked, this thing is the best coaster I've ridden. Even though it's been a while since I rode it, but hey, if I were to base my Top 10 only on coasters I've ridden in the past couple of years, this would be an awfully short list.
  2. Formula Rossa, Ferrari World Abu Dhabi. A fantastic launch, followed by a terrific sensation of speed that goes on for a decent length of time.
  3. Expedition Everest, Disney's Animal Kingdom. It gets a ton of points for theming, but it's a fairly thrilling coaster in its own right too. The total package is so good it truly deserves a top three spot.
  4. Piraten, Djurs Sommerland. Down from number three in my last list. While I remember it being good, it has been quite a lot of years since I went to Djurs, while my most recent ride on Everest was in 2018. And thinking it over, I don't see how Piraten could top Everest when everything is said and done.
  5. Balder, Liseberg. A great fun, smooth and airtime-filled woodie. It's a wooden coaster done very right.
  6. Nemesis Inferno, Thorpe Park. Stealth used to have this spot, but when I went to Thorpe last month I realized Stealth is a tad too short to be considered the best ride in its park. Second for second, it's really good, but it gets so few seconds to play with. Nemesis Inferno is just long enough, and smooth and snappy too, to nab my favourite spot of the coasters in that park.
  7. Dragon Challenge (post dueling), Universal Studios Islands of Adventure. Counting them together because I rode them back to back and they shared the same footprint and queueline. Two really good and solid Inverts, it's a shame they were torn down. A shame they stopped dueling too, because without it you realize how their layouts made some concessions to get those dueling moments lined up right. So they both meandered a bit. And the area wasn't that well-themed outside of the queue line. Hence why they're below Inferno. Not far below, mind!
  8. Swarm, Thorpe Park. It replaces SpeedMonster in the previous list, because when you think about it, it has the edge over SpeedMonster in all the comparable aspects. Wing riding is fun, it's smooth, the view from the lifthill is great, it has theming, it's not awfully short, and the forces are all right too.
  9. Stealth, Thorpe Park. I said above that Stealth was kicked down a few notches, but it's not outside the Top 10 just yet. It's a very fun ride, but very very short.
  10. Den Aller Minste, TusenFryd. It's the world's tiniest little coaster, what is there not to love? The sheer ridiculousness of its minuscule size gives it just the edge it needs to stand out over other potential top 10 candidates. In a serious list of the best coasters I've ridden, I might have put Lisebergbanan here, but this is about my favourite coasters, so it firmly stays on the list. It gets the number 10 spot, but it stays.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I think my season is more or less done so here is my current top 30 with new entries from this year in bold:

1. Steel Vengeance - Cedar Point
  2. Lightning Rod - Dollywood
  3. Outlaw Run - Silver Dollar City
  4. Goliath - Six Flags Great America
  5. Voyage - Holiday World
  6. Superman - The Ride/Bizarro - Six Flags New England
  7. Boulder Dash - Lake Compounce
  8. El Toro - Six Flags Great Adventure
  9. Maverick - Cedar Point
  10. Fury 325 - Carowinds

11. Wonder Woman Golden Lasso Coaster - Six Flags Fiesta Texas
  12. Storm Chaser - Kentucky Kingdom
  13. X2 - Six Flags Magic Mountain
  14. Tatsu - Six Flags Magic Mountain
  15. Twisted Cyclone - Six Flags Over Georgia
  16. Banshee - Kings Island (Down 3 spots due to increasing rattle)
  17. Roar-O-Saurus - Storyland (Up 5 spots)
  18. Joker - Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (Down 2 spots)
  19. Copperhead Strike - Carowinds (Down 2 spots)
  20. Mine Blower - Fun Spot America Kissimmee (Up 4 spots)

21. Wicked Cyclone - Six Flags New England (Down 1 spot)
  22. Ravine Flyer II - Waldameer (Up 4 spots)
  23. Boardwalk Bullet - Kemah Boardwalk
  24. New Texas Giant - Six Flags Over Texas
  25. Twisted Colossus - Six Flags Magic Mountain (Somehow omitted from my list over the past 2+ years)
  26. Superman Krypton Coaster - Six Flags Fiesta Texas
  27. Mako - Sea World Orlando (Down 9 spots)
  28. Thunderbird - Holiday World (Down 9 spots)
  29. Skyrush - hersheypark (Down 8 spots)
  30. Leviathan - Canada's Wonderland (Down 7 spots)

The Top 10 has remained largely untouched with the exception of Fury providing incredible rides back in May, and I predict that it'll remain largely unchanged until I revisit SFGAdv and hit some bucket list coasters overseas. Wonder Woman just barely missed the #10 slot and joins Storm Chaser, X2, Tatsu, and Twisted Cyclone as the outsiders looking in. The latter half of the list saw quite a bit of churn as there were a few additions, including a ride that I apparently forgot to rank over the past two years. Lots of that churn can also be attributed to me just sitting down to rank these rides at a different time.

I'd post a bigger list (top 50), but after quickly scrolling through there would be even more churn. Ranking ridden coasters, especially once one crosses that 300-350+ barrier, becomes exponentially difficult. We learn and experience so much in our daily lives that affect our thoughts, opinions, and moods that these rankings really require a lot of iteration. I have so many coasters in my top 100 where I ask myself why it's not higher and then I take a look at the coasters above it and realize why. And unfortunately I don't think I'll ever make the time again to properly give even the top quarter of my list a good sort - I have too much else that I should be doing (going on my 3rd wasted hour on the interwebs instead of doing homework or chores) and it'll surely change in a month even if I don't ride anything.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Hello everyone!

Last year, some of the staff and I went through this thread and collected all the Top 10 lists posted between November 1, 2017 and October 31, 2018. They were posted in a big spreadsheet and used to compile a ranking of CF's favourite coasters. We intend to make another ranking this year. Last year's ranking was meant to be a surprise, but this year we've confirmed that the experiment worked and are all open about it.

Unfortunately, for one reason or another (possibly related to the secrecy of it all), many of the most well-traveled users in here didn't get to participate. Some don't even keep a Top 10. When your CoasterCount profile displays a higher number than your zip code, it could be hard to determine which 10 you like the best.

Still, it couldn't hurt to ask anyway? I'll tag some of the globetrotters in here whose lists I haven't seen in the thread this year:
@gavin, @ECG, @furie, @roomraider, @LiveForTheLaunch, @tomahawk, @Pear ... anybody I'm missing, who's not on the social media team as they got this message through PM?

Anyway, post your lists and tell your friends, and we'll make this year's ranking even more comprehensive than last year's!

Pear

Strata Poster
Well since the season's coming to a close I guess it is time to update my rankings.

3. Intimidator 305 - Kings Dominion
4. Taron - Phantasialand
5. Skyrush - Hersheypark
6. Wildfire - Kolmarden
7. Maverick - Cedar Point
8. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park
9. Helix - Liseberg
10. Twisted Timbers - Kings Dominion
11. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park
12. Railblazer - California's Great America / Wonder Woman Golden Lasso Coaster - Six Flags Fiesta Texas
13. El Toro - Six Flags Great Adventure
14. X2 - Six Flags Magic Mountain
15. Magnum XL-200 - Cedar Point

It's really hard to decide where to rank things beyond this point, but maybe I'll try to get out to a top 30 some day. Interestingly enough, after years of not liking it, Maverick is now in my top 10 and one of my favorite coasters. I guess it just took me 4 visits to CP to finally get a great ride it.

Last edited:

Geeky Pastimes

Mega Poster
Don't think I'll get in any more trips so here's my post-magic mountain revisit top 10.

1. Twisted Colossus - I love this even when it's not racing, the pacing of each half is great, there's some amazing elements, and it doesn't get as uncomfortable as steel vengeance or untamed. Had two more races on it this time and it's just unbeatable when it's racing.
2. Helix - the views, the length, the drop out of the station. I love everything about Helix.
3. Steel Vengeance - it's an amazing ride but just too uncomfortable, especially later in the day. From what I've heard it's the curse of being tall.
4. Top Thrill Dragster - I love the Intamin accelerators and this is the best one, the lap bars really make it.
5. X2 - it's still able to scare me which adds a lot to it. It's only just on the right side of intensity.
6. Taron - I love the uniqueness of this and it shows you don't need inversions to be spectacular.
7. Shambhala - Again, this is a case of ' the best of it's kind' but all of the hypers I've ridden have been great.
8. Troy - I think this has stolen the crown of best woodie from Wodan for me after some boring rides in Europa. Troy isn't spectacular but it's so consistently great.
9. Wildfire - the second half has massive pacing problems but the view is so good and the first couple of elements are incredible.
10. Lisebergbanan - this spot is hard to pick but so few rides evoke as much joy as this surprising ride.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
It’s the end of my coaster year now and I’ve had 2 new top 10 additions since I last posted in July:

1. Intimidator 305-Kings Dominion
2. The Voyage-Holiday World
3. X2-Six Flags Magic Mountain
4. Expedition GeForce-Holiday Park
5. Steel Vengeance-Cedar Point
6. Untamed-Walibi Holland
7. Twisted Timbers-Kings Dominion
8. Phoenix-Knoebels
9. Shambhala-PortAventura Park
10. T Express-Everland

Untamed
was my 15th RMC and while I’d obviously heard (and knew, pretty much) that it was going to be amazing I wasn’t going in particularly expecting it to stand out from the crowd; RMC do set a very competitive standard with all their coasters after all. On my first couple rides in the morning I got what I expected and felt it was a solid ‘mid-tier’ RMC, obviously with some expectation that it would improve later on, but also some reservation as to how much it likely could. I came back to ride again a few hours later and BAM! It had a much greater sense of urgency in its pace and the airtime was shockingly powerful (even by RMC standards). I think the airtime surprise had a lot to do with the fact the restraints didn’t tighten on me mid-ride, something that has been a minor flaw in most RMCs I’ve ridden to date (including Steel Vengeance). This allowed me to leave a decent amount of space between myself and my restraint and actually get to keep that space for ALL those crazy out-of-your-seat moments. Absolutely sublime!

As I rode more, I couldn’t help but appreciate that the flow and variety of elements combined with the timing of the airtime hills/pops in between made for RMCs most ‘perfect‘ package yet (at least in my experience). For a smaller-scale RMC they have managed to pack a ridiculous amount into its layout with 5 inversions, many over-banks and countless moments of airtime thrown in, without the coaster ever feeling too dense to properly appreciate. They’ve woven everything together exquisitely to create a ride that is perfectly-paced for a very satisfying ride length. I honestly don’t think RMC or anyone could make a better coaster for this size. I’m sure not everyone will agree but I’m pretty convinced of this, in a way I wasn’t quite even with the almost-as-amazing Twisted Timbers. In terms of Untamed vs Steel Vengeance? The latter can be improved upon I think but it’s ridiculous length (made only possible by its added speed / height) is what’s keeping it my top RMC for now.

T Express has been at the top of my bucket list for what feels like AGES and for most of that time I wasn’t sure I’d ever get to actually ride it. But having just returned from South Korea and riding it for the last time at night on my birthday I am just buzzing from the experience! I’ll say it definitely lived up to the hype. Even in a world where RMC are making much more ambitious layouts than this Intamin pre-fab could ever claim, there is still a special place in my heart for the more simple layouts that provide a thrilling onslaught of ‘straight’ ejector airtime hills. It may be simple, but it’s bloody effective when done right, and T Express is one the best examples.

The first drop is much like El Toro’s where the back car (on a very long train) is flung over the drop at a ridiculous speed, creating an insane airtime moment that still managed to unnerve me a bit every time. There’s only really one ‘big’ airtime hills but it’s as epic as the first drop and sends you into a rapidly-paced twisty section that is surprisingly well-navigated for trains with 3-row cars.
The MCBR comes next and sadly it does tug a little, but you’ve forgotten that by the time you’re flying down another large drop. This is where it ’becomes Balder’ as some people say, and while I’d agree the style of the ride from this point on is very similar to the aforementioned pre-fab, T Express is still running at more speed and hence, the airtime is quite a lot stronger and the turns don’t drag as much (and I’m saying this as a fan of Balder). Sure, this part of the ride is very formulaic, but it still provides exhilarating moments of ejector air all the way to the end, so not exactly much to complain about.

Over the course of my rides, I did discover a small caveat concerning getting the best out of T Express. There are 3 trains (yay for capacity!): red, yellow and green. I’m not sure I ever actually rode the green train, but I definitely felt that my rides on the yellow train were just a little underwhelming compared to on the red train. At first I thought I was just getting too ‘used’ to the ride too quickly, but after a few rides each on two different days, I’m confident the train was what made a difference. My red train rides would probably have it ranking further up my top 10, whereas my yellow train rides would have it somewhere in the #11-20 range. In the end, I balanced out the two to decide on my final ranking, but I also made sure my last ride was on the red train so I could leave with the best memories of this legendary coaster - and I did. Raised on the side of a hill, looking over the gorgeously lit-up Everland, plunging down one of the best first drops of any coaster to experience a long, airtime-filled ride; I don’t think I’ve ever made a better birthday memory :D

Only a couple of significant things have changed further down my top 50 which I’ll talk about more briefly:

11. El Toro-Six Flags Great Adventure
12. Hyperion-Energylandia
13. Storm Chaser-Kentucky Kingdom
14. Wildfire-Kolmården
15. Behemoth-Canada’s Wonderland
16. Iron Rattler-Six Flags Fiesta Texas
17. Katun-Mirabilandia
18. Monster-Walygator Parc
19. Maverick-Cedar Point
20. Black Mamba-Phantasialand
21. Twisted Cyclone-Six Flags Over Georgia
22. Helix-Liseberg
23. Goliath-Six Flags Great America
24. Goliath-Walibi Holland
25. Wicked Cyclone-Six Flags New England

26. Taron-Phantasialand
27. Fury 325-Carowinds
28. Leviathan-Canada’s Wonderland
29. Goliath-Six Flags Over Georgia
30. Nemesis-Alton Towers
31. Outlaw Run-Silver Dollar City
32. Flying Aces-Ferrari World Abu Dhabi
33. Schwur des Kärnan-Hansa Park
34. Tatsu-Six Flags Magic Mountain
35. Junker-PowerPark
36. Lightning Run-Kentucky Kingdom
37. Piraten-Djurs Sommerland
38. Roar-O-Saurus-StoryLand
39. Colossos: Kampf der Giganten-Heide Park
40. Mako-SeaWorld Orlando
41. Joker-Six Flags Discovery Kingdom
42. Troy-Toverland
43. Twisted Colossus-Six Flags Magic Mountain
44. Lightning Rod-Dollywood
45. Talon-Dorney Park
46. Silver Star-Europa Park
47. Lech Coaster-Legendia
48. New Texas Giant-Six Flags Over Texas
49. Diamondback-Kings Island
50. Renegade-Valleyfair

While not technically a new coaster for me, Colossos has to be commended for coming back from the dead this year in considerably better form than when I rode it in 2012 and 2015. It’s free from the awkward judders that plagued the valleys and helix, the airtime is stronger than ever and I have to admit the new theming piece is pretty cool. Sure, it doesn’t run like a wooden coaster (it never did before imo, it was still more like a steel coaster with tracking issues), but simply as a coaster it’s just more enjoyable now there’s so little to detract from the airtime. One of the best surprises of the year.

Taron jumped up a fair few places in my rankings too after re-riding this year. I’ve done it on two other visits and while I’ve always been a fan I’ve never quite understood the insane hype. This time it did seem faster and more intense than I’ve found it before and coupled with the fact I did the hotel ERT for the first time (managing 10 rides in a row!) I did come away feeling more impressed for sure.

On the other end of the scale, Kärnan, which started off the year in my top 10, marks this year’s most significant drop as its now in the 30s. That may sound more dramatic than it is tbh. I still love all its thematic quirks, the atmosphere, the vertical lift shenanigans and that fabulous first drop, but the rest of the coaster section just didn’t seem quite as good as I remembered. I still like how it seems ridiculously fast and unhinged at times, but as a whole section it seemed more awkward and a bit clunky this time, plus the airtime wasn’t as strong as I had remembered. It’s still quite a magnificent coaster, but as it’s getting increasingly more competitive at the top of my rankings (particularly this year with 4 new additions overall in my top 10 alone), I’m less willing to overlook these flaws.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I should probably post one of these, although I'm getting to the point where it's so hard to rank things - not least because of the time frames between my last rides on some of these coasters.

1. Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
Duh? Daytime it's Top 5 material, but a nighttime it's easily top dog.

2. Lightning Rod, Dollywood
Also, duh? Similar to the above, really. Coupled with some fantastic nostalgia of marathon-ing it during a night ERT session. <3 Plus it has the quad-down...

3. Taron, Phantasialand
The second launch is what really excels this ride up this high, but I think the whole thing is just fantastic. The near misses with terrain, buildings and track (which is all exquisitely detailed) are really second-to-none.

4. Fury 325, Carowinds
B&M's finest coaster to date. The drop is immense and the speed it carries through the layout is incredible. I adore the pops of airtime as it transitions into the low speed corners.

5. Dinoconda, China Dinosaurs Park
Of the Top 5 so far, and probably Top 10 in total, this is by far the most bat-****-crazy of the lot. I don't recall any other coaster making me feel quite this scared/excited all in one go. The reason it's not higher? It's not actually hugely pleasant, I have to admit.

6. Boulder Dash, Lake Compounce
Starting to get a little shakier now, I'll be honest. This ride sits so highly for me for nostalgia reasons. My memories of this ride from 2010 make it Top 10 worthy. Would the ride hold up under a re-ride today? I'm not sure it would.

7. Skyrush, Hersheypark
Most intense airtime I've experienced on a ride. It's a shame the restraints are dog-****, really, cos it would be higher up the list otherwise.

8. X2, Six Flags Magic Mountain
This one has it's place in my Top 10 for a combination of the Dinoconda and Boulder Dash reasons. This was the first coaster I rode where the nerves actually got to me again. I'm far more experienced now (X2 was #238, at 642 now), so it's starting to slip down the list, but it's still up there. It does also have fire... so...

9. Voyage, Holiday World
This is a funny ride. It's very a traditional out-and-back in many ways, but equally it has 90° banking and hybrid structure give it a modern flare. What I love about Voyage is just the size of it. The first few hills are massive, the turnaround structure itself is bigger than most entire coasters, and the way it runs back down the terrain on the return leg to keep it's speed up is genius. My criticism is that it's just so exhausting to ride! By the end I want it to hit the brakes to give me a break!

10. Top Thrill Dragster, Cedar Point
Kingda Ka might have gone taller and faster, but Dragster is by far the better ride. Not least 'cos it has the lap bars.

- - - - - - - - - -
Okay, so it starts to fall apart after this. They are numbered in that 11 is definitely better than 20, but is 14 better than 15? That's a bit more blurry. I suppose that probably applied to a lot of the list above too, but it's even more pronounced further down.

11. Helix, Liseberg
Impressive, for sure, but nothing like the intensity of the others higher up in this list.

12. Wildfire, Kolmarden
Fantastic coaster, fantastic location and very photogenic. Reason it's not higher? It does fall a little flat in the final third. Still one of the best coasters out there, though.

13. Montu, Busch Gardens Africa
My favourite of the big B&M inverts. An absolute monster. I loved the huge first few elements and the batwing, and I can't wait to ride it again soon. I'm just hoping it holds up after 13 years (Montu was cred #17...).

14. Untamed, Walibi Holland
Honourable mention in the Top 20 here. The best of the small RMCs, for sure.

15. Nemesis, Alton Towers
An oldie but a goodie. Not only is this coaster so iconic, it's still so unique and absolutely brilliant.

16. Storm Chaser, Kentucky Kingdom
Shame to have fallen below Untamed really, but Storm Chaser lacks a little of the class that Untamed has. It's also got a couple of those awful RMC twists, which definitely knock it down a peg for me.

17. Formula Rossa, Ferrari World Abu Dhabi
I like this one for the launch alone. It's what I imagine being inside a tumble-dryer would feel like. Mental.

18. Soaring with Dragon, Hefei Wanda Theme Park (now Hefei Sunac Land)
Second one from China in this list, and this is one of Intamin's finest modern creations. The launch is incredibly powerful and the first two elements are so huge, with the following hills and corners taken at an amazing speed. As the proving ground for Intamin on these swing launches, I expect Pantheon and Parc Asterix's new coaster will be firmly in my Top 20 if they ride anything like this.

19. TRON Lightcycle Power Run, Shanghai Disneyland
Coaster wise, this isn't the best - obviously - but as an overall ride experience it's top notch. The queue wrapping round the launch track, the indoor special effects, the trains and the way it's lit at night all bind this up into a world class experience.

20. Wodan Timbur Coaster, Europa Park
When we rode this back in 2017 it was ballistically fast, especially through it's second half. Absolutely loved it.

That feels about right. No doubt I've missed some amazing rides off this list and will have to re-do it all again in a few days when I remember another one. :p

Benenen

Hyper Poster
1. Untamed - Walibi Holland
2. Zadra - Energylandia
3. Wildfire - Kolmarden
4. Hyperion - Energylandia
5. Shambhala - Portaventura
6. Taron - Phantasialand
7. Helix - Liseberg
8. Flying Aces - Ferrari World
9. Goliath - Walibi Holland
10. Formula Rossa - Ferrari World
11. Lech Coaster - Legendia
12. Capitol Bullet Train - Motiongate
13. Silver Star - Europa Park
14. Katun - Mirabilandia
15. Lost Gravity - Walibi Holland
16. iSpeed - Mirabilandia
17. Fenix - Toverland
18. Icon - Blackpool Pleasure Beach
19. Kumba - Busch Gardens Tampa
20. Montu - Busch Gardens Tampa
21. Nemesis - Alton Towers
22. Oblivion: The Black Hole - Gardaland
23. Blue Fire - Europa Park
24. Winjas - Phantasialand
25. Cheetah Hunt - Busch Gardens

Unsurprisingly an RMC top 3. Having done so few of them the uniqueness and wide range of forces and elements puts them head and shoulders above other manufacturers. I think once I've been on more they will begin to spread out through my top 25 but for now I'm still in the fanboy honeymoon period with them.

Hyperion climbed up a few spots after a beautifully smooth front row ride on Sunday having previously ridden only the back wing seat of the rattley train. It's an amazing layout and has some of the most extreme airtime I've experienced.

The rest is very interchangeable, if I were to write this up again in a month I'd probably order it differently. For example Lech and Formula Rossa are next to each other and in my eyes a similar quality but there's no way I can actually decide which I think is the better coaster as they're so different.

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
1. Steel Vengeance
2. Twisted Timbers
3. Fury 325
4. Skyrush: This ride exceeded my expectations, and then some! The restraints were much better than I expected. The turns and airtime were much more intense than I thought they would as well. I find it ironic that this is #4 and I305 is just barely in my top 30.
5. Phoenix: Like Skyrush, this obliterated my expectations! Every single moment of airtime was extremely unique. Some moments you're basically standing. Others, you're floating perfectly between the lap bar and the seat, leaving nothing for your legs to touch. It's easily my favorite wooden coaster.
6. Fahrenheit: Another ride that exceeded my expectations in PA, Fahrenheit had some of the best inversions I've ever experienced. It kind of reminded me of a Sit-down Raptor, with multiple inversions. Super intense, and the corkscrews were the best corkscrews I've ever experienced.
7. Maverick
8. Millennium Force
9. Top Thrill Dragster
10. Mystic Timbers
Quick change to this, and I'll go in depth with each of the rides too.
Italic is a swap, Bold is new this year.

1. Steel Vengeance: I honestly can't explain what makes this ride so good. The airtime, the inversions, the overall funkiness of the ride, and the fact that everything works so well. A rain ride secured its spot at #1, however I was actually thinking about putting Twisted Timbers at #1 for a few months!

2. Twisted Timbers: WOW, talk about "don't judge a book by its cover"! There is a lot of airtime on this ride, and some of it is even stronger than Steel Vengeance's! The first drop is easily one of my favorites ever, the other inversions are so much fun, and the outer-bank inside the structure is a ton of fun! One of the most under-rated rides I've ridden.

3. Fury 325: Easily the most fun ride I've ever ridden. It's not the most intense, but it's just so much fun and the most re-rideable ride I've ever ridden. The airtime (For a B&M) is insane, and I never left that ride with anything less than a giant smile!

4. Skyrush: This ride exceeded my expectations, and then some! The restraints were much better than I expected. The turns and airtime were much more intense than I thought they would as well. I find it ironic that this is #4 and I305 is just barely in my top 30.

5. Phoenix: Like Skyrush, this obliterated my expectations! Every single moment of airtime was extremely unique. Some moments you're basically standing. Others, you're floating perfectly between the lap bar and the seat, leaving nothing for your legs to touch. It was insanely smooth as well, especially for a wooden coaster! It's easily my favorite wooden coaster.

6. Fahrenheit: Another ride that exceeded my expectations in PA, Fahrenheit had some of the best inversions I've ever experienced. It kind of reminded me of a Sit-down Raptor, with multiple inversions. Super intense, and the corkscrews were the best corkscrews I've ever experienced.

7. Millennium Force: After many great rides on Millennium Force towards the end of the season, I've decided to put it above Maverick in my rankings. Even with a tiny bit of room, the first drop (for me, at least) gives great ejector, to the point where it feels unsafe. The rest of the ride is just straight up fun, with some decently good airtime as well! One of my favorites.

8. Maverick: After a few "less amazing than I remember" rides, I've moved Maverick down a bit. The restraints are awful, but the ride itself is great! It's just not as good as I remembered it in past years.

9. Top Thrill Dragster: I love this ride (probably more than I should), and it never fails to impress me after each ride. I can't get enough of it!

10. Mystic Timbers: While I haven't gotten any rides on it this year (yet), Mystic Timbers has always been one of my favorites. With a great drop in the back row, and ACTUAL THEMING IN A CEDAR FAIR PARK!!!, Mystic Timbers is just a lot of fun. A great fit for Kings Island as well!

Edward M

Strata Poster
I wanted to wait until I visited Nickelodeon Universe to do this top 10, but, with an Intamin not open, the visit is postponed indefnitely. Plus, I highly doubt Shellraiser would make my top 25, which is getting very competitive these days! I'm gonna give a description for each of them, mostly for the ones I just visited/re-rode though.
  1. Steel Vengeance - I mean duh.
  2. Lightning Rod - I mean duh part deux.
  3. Helix - It's a shame this has the longest queue of all time, as I'd say this is the most reridable coaster I've ridden. While a ride like Steel Vengeance will always appeal to me, it's also genuinely hard to ride. With Helix, it's such an easy experience. Its mixture of forces is nearly perfect, ranging from floaty hangtime to surprisingly intense ejector. It's a shame that it has that s**t final inversion, because everything before is possibly my favorite layout. Also, I find the slow Mack launches kinda adorable. And, lastly, it has a fantastic environment to play around with, criss-crossing over and around itself, Lisebergbanan, and pedestrian paths. Ahh, now I'll just start gushing about Liseberg, so I'll call it here but, ya, I love this.
  4. Taron - I'm gonna be honest. I thought Phantasialand was wildly overrated. If I ever end up writing those trip reports (I still might!), I'll get more into it, but I found its theming and attraction game underwhelming outside of the amazingness that is Klugheim (okay that and Chiapas <3) However, my 15 rides during Taron ERT made the trip down into Germany more than worthwhile. I mean, we're talking Disney-level theming with one of Intamin's best layout, crossing over itself over and over and over. Ahhh, I love it. Those first two airtime moments are insane, throwing you around as it dives back into its own maze of track and buildings. However, my favorite moment is the second launch followed by that trick-track at the ride's highest point. It's odd that I wasn't able to get a night ride on Helix or Taron, two rides notable for their fantastic night rides, and, yet, they still rank this highly. Still, those sunset rides were extremely pleasant.
  5. Skyrush - It's weird having this in the outskirts of the top 5 because it's just so quality. However, I put it just below Taron for its lack of theme. However, the actual ride itself is, in my opinion, better on Skyrush. While most people hate the restraints, I'd argue it's one of its best qualities. The freedom allowed by its thigh-crusher means that the airtime and laterals feel very, very vulnerable. It's one of two coasters where it felt distinctly unsafe, as if it shouldn't exist as it does. I do think that, had the ops not been so consistent on releasing the restraints on the brake run, this would be lower. Those restraints at the end are pretty painful. Still, one of the most reridable coasters ever.
  6. Outlaw Run - This is probably not as good as the three below it, mostly thanks to the final two inversions aging poorly (the hangtime on a wood coaster once seemed unthinkable but, now? eh). However, I think it may be the most fast and furious of the RMCs I've done. From the first drop until the barrel rolls, it's just nonstop action. Of all the coasters I've done, I probably know this one the best. It also helps it's at one of the most lovely parks in the world.
  7. X2 - I think the single ride I had on this is probably in my top 5 best singular coaster rides. It was so unexpected, the sheer insanity of facing down 200 feet with that tiny restraint only to be flipped while dropping. Still probably the best singular moment on a coaster. However, I have difficulty ranking a ride I've been on once as compared to a ride like Outlaw Run, which I've done dozens of times. As a result, I'm putting it here. I do think it fails to live up to its first drop and inversion afterward, with it gliding around that turn without doing much. Still, as my first proper 4D coaster experience, it blew my mind. Can't wait to ride it again whenever I get back to California (assuming it isn't still on fire).
  8. Voyage - Probably the most apt name for a coaster. It just goes on and on and on, and it never lets up. It's a physically exhausting ride with some pretty painful moments. Perhaps it's different now that it's retracked, but, when I rode it, those final rides were challenging. However, it delivers so many unique airtime moments and laterals while feeling like an old-school woodie. This was all intensified by my nearly pitch black night rides <3. After two rides in a row, I often had to take a break over at Gobbler Getaway or Thunderbird, which puts it lower than the other rides here.
  9. Untamed- This is one of RMC's best layout, element for element, only behind Lightning Rod. It doesn't waste a single moment. However, I did feel like a certain charm was missing. This may have been because I had to wait so long for my two rides during opening day, but all the other coasters in my top 15 feel like distinctly unique experiences while Untamed feels a bit more like RMC's greatest hits. Still, it ranks in my top 10 because greatest hits records can be great, especially from the greatest band of all time. However, I do prefer something that feels more "one-of-a-kind." This is a minute critique but still notable for me.
  10. Wildfire - Wildfire has one of the best coaster openings ever. That beautiful turnaround, first drop, stall (favorite single element ever I'd say) then that insane outbanked turn. However, from there, it loses just about all its steam, which is a shame. I don't mind a coaster that goes into the brakes at a slower pace, but I just wish it had one or two more elements when it was still going fast enough to feel like "the fastest wooden coaster in the world." However, it's the single most beautiful coaster ever made, nothing even comes close.
  11. Boulder Dash - This is a perfect example of a ride that could only exist where it does. That mountainside setting is impeccable and racing by those trees is a one of a kind experience. Then you have the airtime glory of its second half. I do wish I could've done it before its retracking in 2017, and it was a detractor having to wait a long time on a quiet day because of its stupid one train ops. Still, love it.
  12. Fury 325 - Night rides on Fury are next level. I don't have a very hot take for this one though. It's B&M's masterpiece, destroying everything it was known for with its hypers. Floater airtime staying high above the ground? Nah, let's just put everything as close to the ground as possible, focusing on speed over floater. Love it.
  13. Superman SFNE - Forget Skyrush's restraints, these are the worst restraints ever built. It feels like having your suitcase in your lap. It's especially irritating knowing that it once had one of the best restraints ever built. Still, its layout is one of the best ever and more than makes up for its lackluster restraint.
  14. Phoenix - Just a lovely ride. Buckets of airtime with that oh-so-amazing buzz bar. Love its old school vibe, using tickets to ride and all. Plus, it's the crown jewel of Knoebels, one of America's best parks.
  15. Space Mountain WDW - nostalgia + awkward Arrow airtime + theming galore = one iconic, amazing ride
  16. Maverick - That intamin snappiness is amazing.
  17. Storm Chaser - another RMC masterpiece
  18. El Toro - check out my Last Cred Review to see why this fell 8 places. It's gotten rough, to say the least. Still, AIRTIME.
  19. Twisted Cyclone - shame it's so short, but each element here is SteVe level of RMC goodness
  20. Wicked Cyclone - Very long, which is great, but it feels like RMC figuring this kind of ride out. Not a bad thing, just not as next level as what's to come
  21. Kumba - my favorite for old school B&M snappiness
  22. Top Thrill Dragster - Launch + dat view + airtime in front row = iconic ride
  23. Kawasemi - Some great Intamin airtime with those amazing T-bars. This must've been next level in 2008, though it's not quite as memorable these days.
  24. Shambhala - Rode great in 2014, combined all the best of B&M hypers
  25. Iron Rattler - Part on the quarry is some of RMC's worst but everything else is arguably some of RMC's best.

Peet

Giga Poster
The 2019 season has now come to an end for me and I have 3 new Intamins in my top ten:

1. Hyperion
2. Helix
3. El Toro
4. Expedition Ge Force
5. Taron

6. Shambhala
7. Nemesis
8. Cú Chulainn
9. Flying Aces
10. Twisted Colossus

I never saw myself as an Intamin fanboy before but they now block out 4 of my top 5 so I may need to reconsider!

Luca B

Mega Poster
  1. Lightning Rod
  2. Skyrush
  3. Steel Vengeance
  4. Storm Chaser
  5. The Voyage
  6. Der Schwur Des Kärnan
  7. Expedition GeForce
  8. El Toro
  9. Untamed
GeForce and Untamed are both fantastic coasters, GeForce has a great first drop and some great sustained moments, and Untamed has some really strong and decently sustained moments of airtime, and the more I think about it the more I like it.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Ok hold up...I'm realizing there there is a GLARING fault with my list:

3. Outlaw Run - Silver Dollar City
  4. Goliath - Six Flags Great America
  5. Voyage - Holiday World
  6. Superman - The Ride/Bizarro - Six Flags New England
  7. Boulder Dash - Lake Compounce
  8. El Toro - Six Flags Great Adventure
  9. Maverick - Cedar Point
  10. Fury 325 - Carowinds

11. Wonder Woman Golden Lasso Coaster - Six Flags Fiesta Texas
  12. Storm Chaser - Kentucky Kingdom
  13. X2 - Six Flags Magic Mountain
  14. Tatsu - Six Flags Magic Mountain
  15. Twisted Cyclone - Six Flags Over Georgia
  16. Roar-O-Saurus - Storyland
  17. Phantom's Revenge - Kennywood
  18. Banshee - Kings Island
  19. Joker - Six Flags Discovery Kingdom
  20. Copperhead Strike - Carowinds

21. Mine Blower - Fun Spot America Kissimmee
  22. Wicked Cyclone - Six Flags New England
  23. Ravine Flyer II - Waldameer
  24. Boardwalk Bullet - Kemah Boardwalk
  25. New Texas Giant - Six Flags Over Texas
  26. Twisted Colossus - Six Flags Magic Mountain
  27. Superman Krypton Coaster - Six Flags Fiesta Texas
  28. Mako - Sea World Orlando
  29. Thunderbird - Holiday World
  30. Skyrush - hersheypark

How could I possibly forget about Phanny <3

TilenB

Strata Poster
I’ve heard plenty of people praise Hair Raiser’s view but never the ride itself. What made you rank it so highly?
Oh, just noticed that I never replied to this. I thought it was a pretty great ride, there were quite a few spots with some airtime (I think it probably has the most airtime of all non-hyper B&Ms I've done) and the Zero-G Roll was executed perfectly. It was a bit rough in places, but I've been on one or two rougher coasters that receive far more praise than Hair Raiser.

Though on the other hand, I feel me ranking it quite this high might also have something to do with the fact that I haven't really ridden a true world class coaster in the past 2 years. Hopefully that'll change in 2020.

Geeky Pastimes

Mega Poster
Haven't posted in here in a while, so here ya go:

1. SkyRush
2. Taron
3. Steel Vengeance
4. Formula Rossa
5. The Voyage
6. Helix
7. Oz Iris
8. Hyperion
9. Dinoconda
10. Maverick
Nice to see Formula Rossa so high against great coasters, hopefully we get out to it next year

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk