What's new

Top 10(ish): 2024 Edition - page 124

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
Honestly can't get my head around how people don't rate Taron.

Even first thing in the morning it's bags of fun.

It's not the most intense, and not completely packed with airtime - but it's a solid all round package.

Matt N

CF Legend
It's not the most intense, and not completely packed with airtime - but it's a solid all round package.
I've never ridden Taron, but this phrase resonates with me massively; I'd say a similar thing with regards to Icon, which is why I love it so much! For those who've ridden, is Taron similar to Icon in that it doesn't really excel in any particular category, but is really, really good in most categories, making it an overall excellent ride; a "jack of all trades", if you like?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
For those who've ridden, is Taron similar to Icon in that it doesn't really excel in any particular category, but is really, really good in most categories, making it an overall excellent ride; a "jack of all trades", if you like?
Sort of.

Except in comparison to Taron, Icon is a dull, forceless, slow and uninteresting heap of meh. And I think Icon is fantastic.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
^Dunno about the last bit, but I'm sort of at that stage now where keeping a definitive, accurate top 10 is just too difficult, but for the purposes of the collected rankings, here is a top 10ish of coasters off the top of my head that come to me as I type...

1. Steel Vengeance
2. Helix
3. X2
4. Nemesis - Too high and you know it
5. Top Thrill Dragster - Too basic
6. Untamed - European RMC hype
7. El Toro
8. Outlaw Run
9. Behemoth
10. Tatsu
11. Wildfire - Which one?
12. Goliath (Walibi Holland) - ? ? It's garbage, ask @ATTACKHAMMER
13. Voyage - Too low
14. Taron - Way too low /slap
15. Revenge of the Mummy (Florida) - Good but not a top 20 coaster
16. Dragon Khan
17. Volcano the Blast Coaster
18. Thunderbird
19. Verbolten
20. Oblivion
21. Pulsar
22. Kingda Ka - Why is this still anywhere near your top 30?
23. Storm Chaser - You and @Snoo should cuddle up as you are both pussies when it comes to ejector pain ;)
24. Time Traveler
25. The Swarm - Is this a GP list?
26. T'Ultimate
27. Olympia Looping - @gavin would agree this is in the right place
28. Colossos
29. I305
30. Leviathan
This is ? .

JoshC.

Strata Poster
My 2019 season won't be seeing any major new creds, so I think I safely do my Top 10% without it seeing any changes for the rest of the year...

1. Taron, Phantasialand
2. Taiga, Linnanmäki
3. Untamed, Walibi Holland
4. Helix, Liseberg
5. Balder, Liseberg
6. Nemesis, Alton Towers
7. Lost Gravity, Walibi Holland
8. Joris en de Draak, Efteling
9. Troy, Toverland
10. Goliath, Walibi Holland

11. Black Mamba, Phantasialand
12. Hyperion, Energylandia
13. Lech Coaster, Legendia
14. Lisebergbanan, Liseberg
15. The Swarm, Thorpe Park
16. Van Helsing's Factory, Movie Park Germany
17. Pulsar, Walibi Belgium

Top 10 is made of 4 Intamins, 2 Macks, 2 GCIs, 1 RMC and 1 B&M, with 5 Dutch, 2 Swedish, 1 German, 1 Finnish and 1 British creds. Nice variety there.

Taron remains a firm #1, and I think Taiga is pretty solid in #2. Untamed/Helix is pretty close, as is Joris and Troy.

14-17 probably raise a few eyebrows, but I've come off all of them with a huge smile on my face, and can't think of anything else I've done I'd rather ride than them.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster

1. The Voyage, Holiday World

2. Intimidator 305, Kings Dominion

3. Maverick, Cedar Point

4. Skyrush, Hersheypark

5. Mindbender, Galaxyland

6. Fury 325, Carowinds

7. Kumba, Busch Gardens Tampa

8. Goliath, Six Flags Over Georgia

9. The Beast, Kings Island

10. Phoenix, Knoebels

11. Mako, SeaWorld Orlando

12. Montu, Busch Gardens Tampa

13. Swamp Fox, Family Kingdom

14. Twisted Cyclone, Six Flags Over Georgia

15. Mine Blower, Fun Spot Kissimmee

16. The Legend, Holiday World

17. Millennium Force, Cedar Point

18. New Texas Giant, Six Flags Over Texas

19. Lightning Rod, Dollywood

20. Talon, Dorney Park
After visiting Six Flags Fiesta Texas and Busch Gardens Williamsburg for my first time combined with a return visit to Busch Gardens Tampa Bay after nearly 4 years, I've got 3 new coasters to add to my top 20 and a bit of reorganizing to present! The new entries are in bold, and the reorganized ones are in italics.

1. The Voyage
2. Intimidator 305
3. Maverick
4. Skyrush
5. Mindbender (Galaxyland)
6. Fury 325
7. Goliath (Six Flags Over Georgia)
8. The Beast
9. Kumba
10. Phoenix
11. Montu
12. Wonder Woman Golden Lasso Coaster
13. Mako
14. Swamp Fox
15. Twisted Cyclone
16. Mine Blower
17. The Legend
18. Iron Rattler
19. Alpengeist

20. MIllennium Force

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Are there baggage places beside the rides at Busch gardens? Or do you have to pay for a locker?
Hi Markus, please create a thread in the Trip Planning forum. Please do not post another question like this out of place in a topic.

Skeletor

Roller Poster
Ok after a recent return trip to my home park for the first time since all of my summer trips plus a trip to California, I have made some appropriate adjustments. So here is my Updated Top 10:

1. Steel Vengeance
2. El Toro
3. Voyage
4. Wonder Woman Golden Lasso Coaster
5. Skyrush
6. Twisted Timbers
7. Verbolten
8. Maverick
9. Storm Chaser
10. Twisted Collossus

Basically after a re-ride on NTG, I can admit I had it up there too high just based on memory.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Alessio

Roller Poster
After my first North America Trip this summer my ranking changed drastically but still holds several of my favorite European Coasters in it.

This is my Top 20 out of 316 Coaster I have ridden:

1. Steel Vengeance
  2. WildFire
  3. Schwur des Kärnan
  4. Helix
  5. El Toro
  6. Intimidator 305
  7. Fury 325
  8. Untamed
  9. Shambhala
  10. Expedition GeForce
  11. Maverick
  12. Skyrush
  13. Flying Aces
  14. Taron
  15. Formula Rossa / Top Thrill Dragster
  16. Colossos
  17. Twisted Timbers
  18. Leviathan
  19. Manta
  20. Mako

Hutch

Strata Poster
To keep you all in suspense, I've held off posting my updated rankings until I finished up my trip report. Now that it's done (cough go check it out cough), here's the new Top 30. I more or less had to do a big overhaul, with lots of new stuff taking over and old stuff jumping up and down. As always, bold represents new creds and italics represent old creds with pretty big changes.

1. Steel Vengeance - I honestly didn't want it to be #1 but the night rides did it for me. I'm basic, sorry.
2. Skyrush
3. Lightning Rod
4. Ravine Flyer II - Huge surprise. Again, night rides did it. In fact, I only did this at night, and it was wicked.
5. Storm Chaser - Was hauling ass and separated itself from the other iron horses below it.
6. Maverick
7. Nemesis
8. Phoenix
9. Mako
10. Voyage - Finally earned itself a Top 10 spot, just barely. Was running much better with the retrack. Just a really fun ride.

11. Phantom's Revenge - Super intense ride with some ridiculous positive and negative forces. Who doesn't love some good Phanny?
12. Wicked Cyclone
13. Nitro
14. Mystic Timbers - Excellent GCI woodie and delivers some wild pacing and airtime.
15. Millennium Force
16. Twisted Cyclone
17. Top Thrill Dragster - Both MF and TTD had been in my Top 10 for quite some time and I've realized other rides deserve to be higher, so they've dropped a bit.
18. Goliath SFOG
19. Montu
20. Storm Runner

21. Fury 325
22. Lighting Run
23. Fahrenheit
24. Diamondback - I think it was around in my Top 15 before. It's not in the best shape but still a really fun ride.
25. Superman: The Ride
26. Stealth
27. Intimidator
28. Manta
29. Kumba
30. Gatekeeper

I've kicked out Beast, Boulder Dash, Verbolten Apollo's Chariot. Beast fell hard, it was at #3 but the night ride I got recently wasn't magical like the first one I got, and then it rode really poorly during the day. Boulder Dash wasn't in great shape last time I rode it, although I kind of need to try it again as it's been a couple years. Verbolten and Apollo I just haven't ridden in over six years so it's getting a bit hard to rank them with the more recent stuff, so I just kicked them out. I need to ride them again.

Us3rmane

Mega Poster
Before I go back to Poland and Phantasialand here's my top 10:
1 - Untamed: Completly mind blown by this coaster ! Big ejectors, great inversions, fantastic first drop. But some bad points to it like the trains or some ejector being too violent and uncomfortable, but it's completly forgotten when you are riding.

2 - Taron: Great ride, great launches, great theming

3 - EGF: We all know why it's here

4 - OzIris: Incredible invert, great drop, wonderful aerial moments as well as some intense one ! Great sensation of speed and maybe the best Zero-G Roll ever built

5 - Troy: Best wooden I've been on, really fast, some nice pops of airtimes. It was a little bit rattly this year but still a great coaster !

6 - Goliath: Last year Goliath wasn't even in my top 10, but this year it blew my mind ! Fantastic airtimes and ejectors, the T-Bars are still great. Only the two helixes + EGF turn are strange because they feel strange, they cut the pace of the ride too much...

7 - Fénix: My only wing coaster but overall a good experience with nice theming and nice interaction with the area !

8 - Wodan: Like Troy but feels way shorter.

9 - Hyperion: A really good Intamin hyper with good ejectors and some quick transitions that I really like ! The dive loop is the best part of the ride imo.

10 - Karacho: Great launch, nice theming, fantastic location ! I mean if Karacho won't be at Tripsdrill I think it will be lower in my top but the location of the ride in the middle of the park with, in the background that hill with the small church at the top is beautiful ! Also the first inversion as great hangtime and the dive loop is 10/10 !

And now here's the coasters that follow without comments:

11 - Lech Coaster
12 - Mystic
13 - Anubis
14 - Lost Gravity
15 - Olympia Looping
16 - The Monster
17 - Blue Fire
18 - Baron 1898
19 - Black Mamba
20 - Alpina Blitz

21 - Colorado Adventure
22 - Yukon Quad
23 - Gold Rush (Slagharen)
24/25 - Joris and de Draak
26 - Eurosat
27 - SIlver Star
28 - Star Trek: Operation Enterprise
29 - Alpina Bahn
30 - G'Sengte Sau

Geeky Pastimes

Mega Poster
Before I go back to Poland and Phantasialand here's my top 10:
1 - Untamed: Completly mind blown by this coaster ! Big ejectors, great inversions, fantastic first drop. But some bad points to it like the trains or some ejector being too violent and uncomfortable, but it's completly forgotten when you are riding.

2 - Taron: Great ride, great launches, great theming

3 - EGF: We all know why it's here

4 - OzIris: Incredible invert, great drop, wonderful aerial moments as well as some intense one ! Great sensation of speed and maybe the best Zero-G Roll ever built

5 - Troy: Best wooden I've been on, really fast, some nice pops of airtimes. It was a little bit rattly this year but still a great coaster !

6 - Goliath: Last year Goliath wasn't even in my top 10, but this year it blew my mind ! Fantastic airtimes and ejectors, the T-Bars are still great. Only the two helixes + EGF turn are strange because they feel strange, they cut the pace of the ride too much...

7 - Fénix: My only wing coaster but overall a good experience with nice theming and nice interaction with the area !

8 - Wodan: Like Troy but feels way shorter.

9 - Hyperion: A really good Intamin hyper with good ejectors and some quick transitions that I really like ! The dive loop is the best part of the ride imo.

10 - Karacho: Great launch, nice theming, fantastic location ! I mean if Karacho won't be at Tripsdrill I think it will be lower in my top but the location of the ride in the middle of the park with, in the background that hill with the small church at the top is beautiful ! Also the first inversion as great hangtime and the dive loop is 10/10 !

And now here's the coasters that follow without comments:

11 - Lech Coaster
12 - Mystic
13 - Anubis
14 - Lost Gravity
15 - Olympia Looping
16 - The Monster
17 - Blue Fire
18 - Baron 1898
19 - Black Mamba
20 - Alpina Blitz

21 - Colorado Adventure
22 - Yukon Quad
23 - Gold Rush (Slagharen)
24/25 - Joris and de Draak
26 - Eurosat
27 - SIlver Star
28 - Star Trek: Operation Enterprise
29 - Alpina Bahn
30 - G'Sengte Sau
Awesome to see such a solid list of European coasters, reminds me how many classics there are on our doorstep!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

PvM

Roller Poster
Got my last cred of the year yesterday and I don't think I'll be getting any more this year so time to conjure up a list:

1. Untamed
2. Wildfire (Kolmården)
3. Lech Coaster
4. Taron
5. Troy
6. Helix
7. Black Mamba
8. Nemesis
9. Hyperion
10. Lost Gravity

11. The Smiler
12. Mindbender (Galaxyland)
13. OzIris
14. Formula
15. Baron 1898
16. Wodan
17. Goliath (Walibi Holland)
18. Sky Scream (Holiday Park) (EGF was closed the day I went so it's a cred for another day)
19. Fury
20. Goudurix (yeah it's rough, but it's such a fascinating quirky ride)

Last edited:

EthC

Mega Poster
1. Taiga
2. Taron
3. Wildfire
4. Kärnan
5. Shambhala
6. Joker
7. Twisted Colossus
8. Tonnerere de zeus
9. Hyperion
10. Lost Gravity

New in bold.
Taiga is incredible. After 10 and a half rides on it, for what theming it lacks during the ride. It makes up by being a perfect blend of intensity, airtime, inversions and launches. Fixes every niggle I had with Taron's layout ( and I love Taron) its just incredible.

Karnan probably is the most terrifying coaster I have done. And again is so fab and intense. The only problems I have is that it is quite rough in spots, it takes agessss to get on it with all the pre ride faff. But love it none the less :)