What's new

Top 10(ish): 2024 Edition - page 124

Snoo

The Legend
THE NEW YEAR HAS BEGUN! As such, I've updated the title and below is my latest Top 25. Also weird to think I created this thread 6 years ago.. lol

1 Steel Vengeance - Cedar Point
2 Lightning Rod - Dollywood
3 Boulder Dash - Lake Compounce
4 El Toro - Six Flags Great Adventure
5 Goliath - Six Flags Great America
6 Wildfire - Kolmarden
7 Voyage - Holiday World
8 Outlaw Run - Silver Dollar City
9 Storm Chaser - Kentucky Kingdom
10 Mine Blower - Fun Spot Kissimmee

11 Ravine Flyer II - Waldameer
12 Maverick - Cedar Point
13 Phoenix - Knoebels
14 Cornball Express - Indiana Beach
15 Banshee - Kings Island
16 Afterburn - Carowinds
17 Boardwalk Bullet - Kemah Boardwalk
18 Wicked Cyclone - Six Flags New England
19 Top Thrill Dragster - Cedar Point
20 Superman The Ride - Six Flags New England
21 Lightning Run - Kentucky Kingdom
22 X2 - Six Flags Magic Mountain
23 Behemoth - Canada's Wonderland
24 Tatsu - Six Flags Magic Mountain
25 Mystic Timbers - Kings Island
26 Prowler - Worlds of Fun
27 Leviathan - Canada's Wonderland
28 Fury 325 - Carowinds
29 Thunderbird - Holiday World
30 Superman Krypton Coaster - Six Flags Fiesta Texas

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster

1. The Voyage, Holiday World

2. Intimidator 305, Kings Dominion

3. Maverick, Cedar Point

4. Skyrush, Hersheypark

5. Mindbender, Galaxyland

6. Fury 325, Carowinds

7. Kumba, Busch Gardens Tampa

8. Goliath, Six Flags Over Georgia

9. The Beast, Kings Island

10. Phoenix, Knoebels

11. Mako, SeaWorld Orlando

12. Montu, Busch Gardens Tampa

13. Swamp Fox, Family Kingdom

14. Twisted Cyclone, Six Flags Over Georgia

15. Mine Blower, Fun Spot Kissimmee

16. The Legend, Holiday World

17. Millennium Force, Cedar Point

18. New Texas Giant, Six Flags Over Texas

19. Lightning Rod, Dollywood

20. Talon, Dorney Park

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
I really hate having to pick/choose... ugh. Does anyone else have their top's change based on how they feel that day? haha
well, i'll try and do this. Dash is #1... after that I.. I don't know. Also, is there a differences between top 10 and 'favorite'... Yankee Cannonball is one of my all time favorite coasters... but I know its not top 10 worthy, so where does that come into play? Or things that are a lot of fun and such like say Ice Mountain Bobsled... but cant really come up against an RMC powerhouse.

1 - Boulder Dash - Lake Compounce (Bristol, Connecticut, USA)
2 - Fury 325 - Carowinds (Charlotte, North Carolina, USA)
3 - El Toro - Six Flags Great Adventure (Jackson, New Jersey, USA)
4 - Apollo's Chariot - Busch Gardens Williamsburg (Williamsburg, Virginia, USA)
5 - Superman The Ride - Six Flags New England (Agawam, Massachusetts, USA)
6 - Outlaw Run - Silver Dollar City (Branson, Missouri, USA)
7 - Lost Coaster of Superstition Mountain - Indiana Beach (Monticello, Indiana, USA)
8 - Leviathan - Canada's Wonderland (Vaughan, Ontario, Canada)
9 - Coaster - Playland (Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada)
10 - Mindbender - Galaxyland Amusement Park (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada)

- These would all follow behind, in alphabetical order
Black Mamba - Phantasialand (Brühl, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany)
Dragon Khan - PortAventura Park (Salou, Tarragona, Spain)
Comet - Great Escape (Queensbury, New York, USA)
Intimidator 305 - Kings Dominion (Doswell, Virginia, USA)
Kumba - Busch Gardens Tampa (Tampa, Florida, USA)
Nemesis - Alton Towers (Alton, Staffordshire, England, United Kingdom)
Renegade - Valleyfair! (Shakopee, Minnesota, USA)
Silver Comet - Fantasy Island (Grand Island, New York, USA)
Storm Chaser - Kentucky Kingdom (Louisville, Kentucky, USA)
Storm Runner - Hersheypark (Hershey, Pennsylvania, USA)
Superman / la Atracción de Acero - Parque Warner Madrid (San Martín de la Vega, Madrid, Spain)
Troy - Toverland (Sevenum, Limburg, Netherlands)
Wicked Cyclone - Six Flags New England (Agawam, Massachusetts, USA)

But also, also, shout out to Wooden Warrior, Kentucky Rumbler, Mako, Lakeside Cyclone, and X2.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
^Is asking for permission to view it, have clicked "request access" so any email off a Kumali6440 (my gmail account) is not spam.

KommissarLT

Roller Poster
Honestly I just use a Google Spreadsheet to sort things out, I have coasters ranked in each category, like Wood, Steel, Hyper, etc. and then an All category to apply to all coasters. Here's my top 10 in the All Coasters Category
  1. Fury 325, Carowinds
  2. Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
  3. El Toro, Six Flags Great Adventure
  4. Intimidator 305, Kings Dominion
  5. Lightning Rod, Dollywood
  6. Twisted Timbers, Kings Dominion
  7. Wicked Cyclone, Six Flags New England
  8. Millennium Force, Cedar Point
  9. Kumba, Busch Gardens Tampa
  10. Mystic Timbers, Kings Island
Some honorable mentions go to:
  • Skyrush, Hersheypark
  • Iron Rattler, Six Flags Fiesta Texas
  • Goliath, Six Flags over Georgia
  • Storm Chaser, Kentucky Kingdom
  • Diamondback, Kings Island

TPC

Roller Poster
1. Shambhala - PortAventura
2. Wicker Man - Alton Towers
3. Stealth - Thorpe Park
4. Th13teen - Alton Towers
5. Saw: the Ride - Thorpe Park
6. Furius Baco - PortAventura
7. Oblivion - Alton Towers
8. Nemesis Inferno - Thorpe Park
9. THE SWARM - Thorpe Park
10. Dragon's Fury - Chessington
11. Nemesis - Alton Towers
12. Munich Looping - Winter Wonderland
13. Red Force - Ferrari Land
14. Stampida (Blue side) - PortAventura
15. Mammut - Gardaland

Probably you will see from the list I'm not a huge fan of inversions, and I enjoy theming a lot

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Out of interest, did you not ride Kraken when you were at SeaWorld Orlando? As I can't see it in your spreadsheet.
I did not. I only got a single ride on Manta and Mako while I was there due to a rain storm in the area. Didn't really enjoy my visit, but I'm not sure I'll be headed back any time soon.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Matt N

CF Legend
Sorry for double posting, but I was just going to ask you guys a question related to coaster rankings.

Basically, many of you know that my current number 1 coaster is Mako at SeaWorld Orlando. I remember loving that coaster more than anything else I've ever ridden when I last rode it. The problem is; I last rode it in August 2016, which was nearly 2.5 years ago, and I've gained 22 new creds since then (my current cred count is 56 and Mako was the 34th cred I rode). Do you guys think that that's too long ago to keep Mako at the number 1 spot, or do you think I should still keep it there? The thing is, I still remember very well what the ride was like and how much airtime I experienced on it, and I remember how much I loved it like it was yesterday. To tell you the truth, that first ride in row 2 will never leave my memory! From my memories of it, Mako is better than everything else I've ridden by quite a considerable distance!

But do you guys think I should keep it there? Or do you think I should let Icon take the number 1 spot and demote Mako to a lower spot in my top 10?

Luca B

Mega Poster
Sorry for double posting, but I was just going to ask you guys a question related to coaster rankings.

Basically, many of you know that my current number 1 coaster is Mako at SeaWorld Orlando. I remember loving that coaster more than anything else I've ever ridden when I last rode it. The problem is; I last rode it in August 2016, which was nearly 2.5 years ago, and I've gained 22 new creds since then (my current cred count is 56 and Mako was the 34th cred I rode). Do you guys think that that's too long ago to keep Mako at the number 1 spot, or do you think I should still keep it there? The thing is, I still remember very well what the ride was like and how much airtime I experienced on it, and I remember how much I loved it like it was yesterday. To tell you the truth, that first ride in row 2 will never leave my memory! From my memories of it, Mako is better than everything else I've ridden by quite a considerable distance!

But do you guys think I should keep it there? Or do you think I should let Icon take the number 1 spot and demote Mako to a lower spot in my top 10?
If you enjoyed the ride so much, you should keep it as your number one. Many enthusiasts haven’t ridden some of their favourite coasters in years, especially ones they rode on long haul trips. I would just say keep it as your number one.

Matt N

CF Legend
If you enjoyed the ride so much, you should keep it as your number one. Many enthusiasts haven’t ridden some of their favourite coasters in years, especially ones they rode on long haul trips. I would just say keep it as your number one.
Thanks for the suggestion @Luca B! I still remember the ride experience well, and I still remember loving it to bits!

Hutch

Strata Poster
We shouldn't be the ones to decide what your Top 10 will be. They're your creds and your opinions, so that's your job to figure out what you like best. Other members more experienced than I may tell me that I rate something like Beast too high, and sure that's they're opinion, but I'm not moving it down until I ride it again and feel different about it.

I did Skyrush in 2015 so it'll have been 4 years until I ride it again this summer (although to be fair, that's longer than I would've liked, especially since Hershey isn't too far from me). Based on the memories I have with it, I'm very certain that it is still my current number 1. Honestly I'm likely gonna keep it at that spot until I ride it again to see if it holds up. Even the majority of my Top 10 are stuff I haven't done in 3 years or more. I can't exactly keep up to date with everything! When looking at my Top 10, Nemesis is the longest I've gone without riding (2014). I ****ing love that ride, and I'm gonna do my best to keep it in my Top 10, even if it'll be at least several years before I get back to Alton Towers.

So yeah, go with your feelings. And don't worry if you think it's been too long (2.5 years is nothing honestly). They're your opinions.

Matt N

CF Legend
Thanks guys! I've decided that I'm going to keep Mako where it is, because I remember loving that ride more than anything else I've ever ridden; I don't remember having any memory on a coaster better than getting yanked over that first drop and those airtime hills! It was so smooth, too, and just genuinely such an outstanding ride! No ride I've ridden since has topped the feeling I had getting off Mako, although Icon came quite close! So for that reason, I'm going to keep Mako where it is for the foreseeable future!

It would also mean moving quite a few other coasters in my top 10 as well if I was to move Mako...

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
What makes a coaster great is that WOW feeling the moment you hit the break run. If nothing since Mako has topped that vibe since then it's still worthy of the top spot no matter how long it's been.

For example Gold Reef City is somewhere I'll 99% never visit again, but Anaconda will always be up there near the top for me.

Matt N

CF Legend
What makes a coaster great is that WOW feeling the moment you hit the break run. If nothing since Mako has topped that vibe since then it's still worthy of the top spot no matter how long it's been.
I'd say Mako is the coaster where I felt this the most out of everything I've ridden, closely followed by Icon. So I'm going to continue to rank Mako as my number 1 because it is the coaster where I'd personally say that I felt that WOW feeling you describe the most.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I typically avoid shuffling my rankings around unless I know a new ride is getting added to my list or if I get a second opinion. Two recent examples are Storm Chaser and The Voyage. I waited until riding Banshee and Maverick before moving Storm Chaser, which leapfrogged Banshee (the ride's smoothness continues to degrade year after year), but did not surpass Maverick. The Voyage hopped quite a few rides in my rankings - Boulder Dash, Superman/Bizarro, and El Toro...which is actually an exception to my rule but it was spurred by night rides, yet I waited until riding Goliath at SFGAm before determining if The Voyage would climb any further.

Aside from that...as everybody else has said, it's your rankings - you have total control over them.