What's new

Top 10(ish): 2024 Edition - page 124

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
After making the biggest trip of my life, (as well as a stop at SFGE), my list has a lot of changes! I visited Tusenfryd, Liseberg (3 days), Kolmården, and Gröna Lund. Coasters that I have been on since last update have a few sentences written up about them.
1) Helix - Ever since it’s announcement in 2013 I’ve been dying to get out and ride it! I got my fair share, with 40 rides in 3 days, and it did not disappoint! Really it has anything you could want from a coaster. There’s fantastic airtime (hill after the top hat is insanity), strong positive Gs, good laterals, floaty inversions, whippy inversions, great terrain interaction, near-flawless pacing, decent launches, great theming, an awesome atmosphere, and a really long ride that gets better the whole way! It was much more intense than expected, yet is probably the most rerideable coaster I’ve been on (22 rides in a row on Friday). Also the airtime hill, zero g roll, twist and dive, helix sequence has got to be my favorite on any ride. Beautifully done Liseberg!!
2) Boulder Dash
3) Maverick
4) Skyrush
5) Wildfire - After my first ride I was really let down. Everything after the outward banked top hat was sluggish and boring. It definitely warmed up though! The first drop is one of the best out there (plus that view <3). The stall has great whip on the entrance and really drawn out hangtime. Then the top hat is just nuts. The following twisty hill is also really strong. The rest of the ride, besides the final barrel roll (which is incredible), doesn’t live up to the opening, but is still great. My issue is that there are a few dead spots and the pacing is somewhat sloppy. Still love it, but didn’t meet expectations.
6) Superman The Ride
7) Wicked Cyclone
8) El Toro
9) Boardwalk Bullet
10) Time Traveler
11) Outlaw Run
12) Thundercoaster - Let’s talk about this coaster more!! This is probably the most underrated ride I’ve been on! Easily the best at Tusenfryd. It is quite rough, but it’s a relentless ride that is paced very well, has great laterals, and is an airtime machine! Also, enhanced by the location, and the second drop is wild.
12) Balder - This ride starts off so good! Fantastic drop and then great ejector air the whole way around. The issue is that it’s so monotonous. I liked it less every ride because after the second turnaround I’d already seen all it had to offer. PS really wish El Toro had the same seats as this!
14) Storm Runner
15) Phoenix
16) Powder Keg
17) Nitro
18) Millie
19) TTD
20) Speed Monster - My 3rd favorite of my 4 ridden accelerators. It feels a bit safe in a way, but still a very fun ride! The launch is pretty strong and the Norwegian Roll is incredible! The twisty airtime hills had some cool forces as well. I think there’s some missed potentially with its great location though.
21) Comet SFGE - What a great ride, especially for its age! This 1948 classic was very smooth and had many moments of pretty good airtime. It’s not filled with ejector (one true ejector moment) but there’s a lot of floater and flojector. And the last turn has CRUSHING laterals, so much so it feels like the train is about to detach from the rails.
22) Kingda Ka
23) Gatekeeper
24) Valkyria - What a great addition to the best park on Earth! I rode it during the soft opening on Thursday and at the ribbon cutting event on Friday. The vests aren’t as restrictive as older ones so there’s still airtime on the drop and airtime hill. The layout is much more purposeful and intense than most B&Ms, with the last two inversions being especially good. Much, much better than Valravn for me (my other dive machine).
25) Fahrenheit
26) Phobia
27) Wildfire SDC
28) Twister GL - First let me say how much I love Grona Lund! Really beautiful park with a great atmosphere. Twister is extremely compact and small but it delivers! There are many moments of ejector airtime and the close proximity to supports and coaster track makes it feel even more extreme. Very aggressive ride for its size!
29) Magnum
30) Valravn

Matt N

CF Legend
Well, I have to update this list because on 25th March 2018, an unexpected fantastic coaster crept its way into my top 10...
My top ten is currently as follows (the new addition is in bold):
  1. Mako (SeaWorld Orlando) - This was my first B&M hyper, and wow! It blew me away! Before I had the opportunity to ride, I had very high expectations of it, but I kept thinking to myself from watching POVs of different B&M hypers; "What do they [coaster enthusiasts] all like so much? It's just a load of hills in a row! Where are the inversions?" But that first ride on Mako, on the 23rd August 2016, in second row, I was wowed! The airtime was immense, with the drop really pulling me over with an immense moment of airtime. The hills all had an immense amount of airtime too. The ending also provided some nice twisty fun. When I read reviews online after riding, I was thinking "Trim? What trim? I couldn't notice any trim!" And it was so, so smooth! One of the smoothest coasters I've ever ridden. As soon as Mako ended, I just knew it was the best thing I'd ever ridden. Is that what you guys felt like when you first stepped off of El Toro, Lightning Rod, Taron and other highly rated coasters? In conclusion: best thing ever for me. Out of 39 coasters, this is my favourite.
  2. Montu (Busch Gardens Tampa) - It's just like Nemesis but longer. What's not to love?
  3. SheiKra (Busch Gardens Tampa) - I was not expecting to like SheiKra as much as I did. It's such a great ride! It packs a punch, the drops are great, it's quite smooth for a 12 year old coaster and I just adore this ride! Fun fact for you guys: SheiKra is actually my Dad's number 1 coaster!
  4. The Swarm (Thorpe Park) - I love this attraction! It packs a punch, it's virtually Mako smooth, the seating position makes for an interesting ride experience, the theming is excellent and it's just a great ride. I don't really get all the hate for wing coasters, as Swarm is fantastic in my opinion. Although in a way, I am slightly worried that I've overrated the Swarm. I last rode in May 2015, so I may have to rejudge in 2018.
  5. Nemesis (Alton Towers) - Brlliance. Sheer brilliance is what this ride is. John Wardley is a genius. Where do I even start with Nemesis' awesomeness? It's still one of the most forceful and intense roller coasters I've ever ridden. For the first few years I rode, I actually came off Nemesis with a sort of dizzy/light-headed feeling which strangely, no ride other than Montu in 2016 has given me. Also, I love that the ride builds up speed as it goes on and is still going at the same speed it started at when it hits the brake run. It's incredibly smooth for a 23 year old coaster, as well! It does have a very slight rattle to it on some rides, but this is more than acceptable at the ride's age. There are no kinks, jolts or roughness whatsoever in the trackwork itself. In fact, I actually reckon I may have had a Mako smooth ride in July 2017, with no rattle whatsoever. It just glided forcefully along the track! It was great!
  6. The Smiler (Alton Towers) - This ride is seriously messed up, from the ton of inversions to the theme, and I like it! This coaster is actually quite intense, but in a different sort of way to rides like Nemesis and Montu. Rides like Nemesis and Montu are intense in a forceful way, whereas the Smiler is intense in a crazy/dizzying sort of way, if you get what I mean. Gerstlauer were actually very clever in how they designed the Smiler's layout, because every single inversion adds to the feeling of dizziness and disorientation you get during the ride. I have also not found the Smiler overly rough, just a bit rattly. The rattle is more noticeable than on the park's B&M coasters, but is nothing too unbearable. I did have a pretty rough back row ride, however. And don't forget the cobra roll exit. An exit from one of the dive loops has a pretty hard jolt, as well. If the ride is any rougher when I next ride, I may consider bumping it down a few spots, as I'm not a fan at all of rough coasters. One thing I do find interesting, however, is that I actually think Speed at Oakwood is smoother, and it's 7 years older than Smiler.
  7. The Incredible Hulk (Islands of Adventure) - The Hulk is a great ride! I like the launch, it packs a good force to it and the onboard audio is a great touch! An interesting note is that the ride was more rattly than I would have expected from a coaster that had literally reopened after retracking earlier in the month (when I rode), but was nothing unbearable.
  8. Kraken (SeaWorld Orlando) - I was pleasantly surprised with Kraken! It was not as rough as I was expecting and I actually thought that it was pretty fast and packing a good force when I rode!
  9. Wicker Man (Alton Towers) - Well, well, well... I think Wicker Man might possibly be one of the most surprising attractions I've ridden in a while! During its construction, I was expecting a similar level of thrill to Thirteen from this ride, but I remained cautiously optimistic. And I was right to, as Wicker Man is a fantastic ride! It's pretty wild, and actually quite forceful in portions, even if not quite as forceful as Megafobia! The ride also had 2 pretty good pops of airtime following the not-so-boring corner, even though the airtime is not as strong for me as Megafobia's. The reason I prefer this to Megafobia, though, is because; it's smoother, with more comfortable trains; the transitions are much better and more thrilling than Megafobia's and just because I think I enjoyed the ride just a little bit more than I enjoyed Megafobia. Overall, Wicker Man is absolutely fantastic, and it really makes me want to ride more GCIs in the future.
  10. Megafobia (Oakwood) - Megafobia is was the only wooden roller coaster I'd ridden (that is set to change in 2018!) and it is an awesome ride! It's really quite wild with quite a bit of decent airtime. In terms of airtime alone, it's probably second only to Mako, but Mako is in a different league in terms of airtime. One real detracting point from Megafobia, however, is the turns. They are unbanked, so they provide a horrible jerky sensation when the ride turns, sort of like on a Wild Mouse. It did rattle quite a bit, but less than I would expect from a 21 year old woodie.
EDIT: How do I do the thing where you cross words out?
EDIT AGAIN: Found it!
My top coasters need an update post-BPB, so let's jump right in with the top 10 (new in bold.):
The Top 10 (including explanation)
  1. Mako (SeaWorld Orlando) - This was my first B&M hyper, and wow! It blew me away! Before I had the opportunity to ride, I had very high expectations of it, but I kept thinking to myself from watching POVs of different B&M hypers; "What do they [coaster enthusiasts] all like so much? It's just a load of hills in a row! Where are the inversions?" But after that first ride on Mako, on the 23rd August 2016, in second row, I was wowed! The airtime was immense, with the drop really pulling me over with an immense moment of airtime. The hills all had an immense amount of airtime too. The ending also provided some nice twisty fun. When I read reviews online after riding, I was thinking "Trim? What trim? I couldn't notice any trim!" And it was so, so smooth! One of the smoothest coasters I've ever ridden. As soon as Mako ended, I just knew it was the best thing I'd ever ridden. Is that what you guys felt like when you first stepped off of El Toro, Lightning Rod, Taron and other highly rated coasters? In conclusion: best thing ever for me. Out of 39 coasters, this is my favourite.
  2. Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach) - Icon is just stunning! There's quite a bit of decent airtime on the ride, in my opinion, and I also feel that the ride has excellent pacing and some surprisingly intense moments! It's blissfully smooth too, in my opinion! The launches, while not packing as much initial burst as a hydraulic launch, still boost the train with decent force, in my opinion; the second launch especially is simply amazing! You're already going at a decent speed, and then it just blasts you forward with another huge speed boost; I love it! Besides, the launches merely act as a method of propulsion on Icon; I personally feel that Icon is more focused on an overall package than one element of the coaster, and if you ask me, it is one stunning coaster experience! Blackpool and Mack should be very proud of what they've accomplished with Icon, in my opinion!
  3. Montu (Busch Gardens Tampa) - It's just like Nemesis but longer. What's not to love?
  4. SheiKra (Busch Gardens Tampa) - I was not expecting to like SheiKra as much as I did. It's such a great ride! It packs a punch, the drops are great, it's quite smooth for a 12 year old coaster and I just adore this ride! Fun fact for you guys: SheiKra is actually my Dad's number 1 coaster!
  5. The Swarm (Thorpe Park) - I love this attraction! It packs a punch, it's virtually Mako smooth, the seating position makes for an interesting ride experience, the theming is excellent and it's just a great ride. I don't really get all the hate for wing coasters, as Swarm is fantastic in my opinion. Although in a way, I am slightly worried that I've overrated the Swarm. I last rode in May 2015, so I may have to rejudge in 2018. A reride in May 2018 didn't change my opinion.
  6. Nemesis (Alton Towers) - Brlliance. Sheer brilliance is what this ride is. John Wardley is a genius. Where do I even start with Nemesis' awesomeness? It's still one of the most forceful and intense roller coasters I've ever ridden. For the first few years I rode, I actually came off Nemesis with a sort of dizzy/light-headed feeling which strangely, no ride other than Montu in 2016 has given me. Also, I love that the ride builds up speed as it goes on and is still going at the same speed it started at when it hits the brake run. It's incredibly smooth for a 23 year old coaster, as well! It does have a very slight rattle to it on some rides, but this is more than acceptable at the ride's age. There are no kinks, jolts or roughness whatsoever in the trackwork itself. In fact, I actually reckon I may have had a Mako smooth ride in July 2017, with no rattle whatsoever. It just glided forcefully along the track! It was great!
  7. The Smiler (Alton Towers) - This ride is seriously messed up, from the ton of inversions to the theme, and I like it! This coaster is actually quite intense, but in a different sort of way to rides like Nemesis and Montu. Rides like Nemesis and Montu are intense in a forceful way, whereas the Smiler is intense in a crazy/dizzying sort of way, if you get what I mean. Gerstlauer were actually very clever in how they designed the Smiler's layout, because every single inversion adds to the feeling of dizziness and disorientation you get during the ride. I have also not found the Smiler overly rough, just a bit rattly. The rattle is more noticeable than on the park's B&M coasters, but is nothing too unbearable. I did have a pretty rough back row ride, however. And don't forget the cobra roll exit. An exit from one of the dive loops has a pretty hard jolt, as well. If the ride is any rougher when I next ride, I may consider bumping it down a few spots, as I'm not a fan at all of rough coasters. A reride on Smiler in March 2018 was actually not that bad rattle-wise, so it maintains its #7 spot for now. One thing I do find interesting, however, is that I actually think Speed at Oakwood is smoother, and it's 7 years older than Smiler.
  8. The Incredible Hulk (Islands of Adventure) - The Hulk is a great ride! I like the launch, it packs a good force to it and the onboard audio is a great touch! An interesting note is that the ride was more rattly than I would have expected from a coaster that had literally reopened after retracking earlier in the month (when I rode), but was nothing unbearable.
  9. Kraken (SeaWorld Orlando) - I was pleasantly surprised with Kraken! It was not as rough as I was expecting and I actually thought that it was pretty fast and packing a good force when I rode!
  10. Wicker Man (Alton Towers) - Well, well, well... I think Wicker Man might possibly be one of the most surprising attractions I've ridden in a while! During its construction, I was expecting a similar level of thrill to Thirteen from this ride, but I remained cautiously optimistic. And I was right to, as Wicker Man is a fantastic ride! It's pretty wild, and actually quite forceful in portions, even if not quite as forceful as Megafobia! The ride also had 2 pretty good pops of airtime following the not-so-boring corner, even though the airtime is not as strong for me as Megafobia's. The reason I prefer this to Megafobia, though, is because; it's smoother, with more comfortable trains; the transitions are much better and more thrilling than Megafobia's and just because I think I enjoyed the ride just a little bit more than I enjoyed Megafobia. Overall, Wicker Man is absolutely fantastic, and it really makes me want to ride more GCIs in the future.
And now for my overall top 24. Yes, I know 24 is a strange number, but it's as far back as I've currently ranked my ridden coasters, so here goes (new in bold.):
My Top Coasters (Ranked as far back as I have currently ranked my count)
  1. Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
  2. Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach)
  3. Montu (Busch Gardens Tampa)
  4. SheiKra (Busch Gardens Tampa)
  5. The Swarm (Thorpe Park)
  6. Nemesis (Alton Towers)
  7. The Smiler (Alton Towers)
  8. The Incredible Hulk (Islands of Adventure)
  9. Kraken (SeaWorld Orlando)
  10. Wicker Man (Alton Towers)
  11. Megafobia (Oakwood)
  12. Kumba (Busch Gardens Tampa)
  13. Stealth (Thorpe Park)
  14. Speed (Oakwood)
  15. Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit (Universal Studios Florida)
  16. Nemesis Inferno (Thorpe Park)
  17. Nickelodeon Streak (Blackpool Pleasure Beach)
  18. Oblivion (Alton Towers)
  19. Manta (SeaWorld Orlando)
  20. Galactica (Alton Towers)
  21. Revenge of the Mummy (Universal Studios Florida)
  22. Cheetah Hunt (Busch Gardens Tampa)
  23. Big Dipper (Blackpool Pleasure Beach)
  24. Revolution (Blackpool Pleasure Beach)

Last edited:

Smithy

Strata Poster
1. Balder
2. Helix
3. Taron
4. Shambhala
5. Blue Fire
6. Silver Star
7. Nemesis
8. Black Mamba
9. Dragon Khan
10. The Smiler

Bit of a rejig for a few rides without actually riding some of them in that looking at the list right now, it's ordered in what I'd want to rided if given the chance. Helix jumps above Shambhala, Nemesis jumps above Khan. Think it's basically a case of enjoying Taron and Mamba so much that it's made me want to ride Helix/Nemesis more. Will get around to putting a trip report up at some point.

And another rejig coming;

1. Balder
2. Helix
3. Taron
4. Shambhala
5. Wickerman
6. Nemesis
7. Blue Fire
8. Silver Star
9. Black Mamba
10. Dragon Khan

Wasn't sure what to expect from Wickerman; it didn't look to offer the airtime that Balder does, and it didn't look to be as out-of-control wild as Wodan was (which would be just outside my top 10 probably). I'd also seen mediocre feedback for it on here and seeing it operate whilst queuing, I still wasn't all that hopeful.

First ride was back row. My. ****ing. God.

First drop is so-so, but then that drop out the tunnel into a double down left and right is ****ing stunning. It flies through the Wickerman twice before you even really realise what's happened, and my only negative is that slow unbanked corner that does feel like it's been forced in there because of the space constraints. Few pops of good airtime. It felt out-of-control without being painful and it was just a brilliantly fun ride. We both got off with huge grins on our face, were surprised by how good it was, and that seemed to be the general reaction from those around us too (it's definitely popular which I'm glad to see).

We also managed to ride it later on in the day and it was ****ing steaming, that double down first drop is amazing and up there with one of my favourite elements on a coaster.

Also of note, Nemesis climbs a few places because I'd missed it, and had forgotten just how good the first half of the ride is. Also tends to happen that I'll not ride something for a while and it'll drop down the list a bit until I go back and ride it.

Smiler drops out due to Wickerman being surprisingly brilliant, but it likely would have anyway given how ****ing dog-rough the last three elements were. And the stench of the restraints.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Also just realised I've put it ahead of Nemesis, yet I don't think it's the best coaster at the Towers. But it's new and shiny and as I've explained before, I base my top 10 on what I'd want to ride if I had the chance tomorrow, so the novelty factor probably just has it ahead.

b&mfanboy123

Mega Poster
Here comes probably the Most Trash list of all time
New Bolded
Final 2018 Summer
25. Raptor - 8/10
24. Millennium Forceless - 8.1/10
23. Alpengeist - 8.3/10
22. Nitro - 8.3/10
21. Cheetah Hunt - 8.4/10
20. Intimidator - While the Back row on this ride is eh at best the front makes up for it big time, since the airtime is strong and good, while the second half is okay the ride is still worth your time. 8.5/10
19. Verbolten - While this may come as a surprise, I absolutely adore this ride and how great it is, One of my all time faves from the indoor section, to the insane drop track, I love it! - 8.6/10
18. Diamondback - While this one is a bit rattly I think it gives awesome night rides and
17. Twisted Colossus- 9.5/10
16. X2 - 9.5/10
15. Goliath Sfgam - 9.5/10
14. Mystic Timbers - What a great gci, it has amazing laterals, a action packed night ride, great Flajector airtime and is pretty smooth. 10/10
13. Outlaw Run - The RMC with the greatest night ride, the drop is amazing in the back especially as you go flying, not as airtime heavy as I would like but still one of the best barrel rolls i've been on, and I just love marathoning it. 10/10
12. Kumba - Great early B&M, It has unparraled intensity and smoothness in the b&m sitting loopers. The zero g roll is the best one i've never experienced so much whip in one inversion, well maybe montu's batwing but you get what I mean. 11/10 -----------------------------Also I'm biased towards it
11. Afterburn - It's basically a Mini Montu, each element is so well made and it has probably one of the best corkscrew's on an invert, sorry but Montu's has ya beat.:cool: 10/10
10. Montu - The greates b&m looper of all time period. --------------------------------------------------17/10 and im biased due to sentimental and it being my big 100th
9. Maverick - Intamin really outdid themselves with this ride, each element is so agressive, and I love it, The ride is whippy, forceful, and has some insane Ejector airtime.-10/10
8. Apollo's Chariot - The only b&m hyper where half the airtime is ejector. This ride has one of the best night rides ever, since it is surrounded by the forest and how it is remotely placed from the rest of the park and how it is smooth and beautiful, I could ride all day. 11/10

7. Mako- it barely one ups Apollo's
6.Twisted Timbers - top three Rmc all the way. 11/10
5. Lightning Rod - DUH
4. EL Toro
3. Intimidator 305
2. Steel Vengeance - okay i know, but I though it was to overly agressive which is weird and some of it feels a bit repetitive, but otherwise great coaster!
1. Fury 325

Snoo

The Legend
13. Outlaw Run - The RMC with the greatest night ride, the drop is amazing in the back especially as you go flying, not as airtime heavy as I would like but still one of the best barrel rolls i've been on, and I just love marathoning it. 10/10

Going to need you to ride Lightning Rod at night good sir.

Luca B

Mega Poster
10- Fluch Von Novgorod- Really underrated, it has an incredible launch and a great single moment of ejector.
9- X2- I really need to re ride this, as I only rode it once on an outside seat on front row and it was still incredible.
8- Wodan- it has some fun laterals and fun airtime
7- Thunderhead- Relentless and powerful laterals from staff to finish.
6- GhostRider- Back row night ride.
5- Twisted Colossus- It has some pretty powerful hills, and is really fun.
4- Twisted Cyclone- It is short, but every element is extremely powerful.
3- Wildfire (Kolmården)- The first 3 elements are insane, but after the 90 degree outward banked turn, the coaster turns into a family coaster.
2- Fury 325- there is really no reasoning to this, it is just fast and fun.
1- Karnan- it relentless, extremely intense, has in an insane drop and some crazy transitions. On top of that it has some of the best theming on any coaster.

Sandman

Giga Poster
  1. Taron
  2. Shambhala
  3. Nemesis
  4. Troy
  5. Nitro
  6. Superman la Attracione de Acero
  7. Black Mamba
  8. El Toro
  9. Rutschebanen
  10. Joris en de Draak

Hutch

Strata Poster
So I just have a couple of quick changes...

1. Skyrush
2. Lightning Rod
3. Beast
4. Millennium Force
5. Nemesis
6. Maverick
7. Mako
8. Phoenix
9. Top Thrill Dragster
10. Storm Chaser

11. Wicked Cyclone
12. Twisted Cyclone
13. Nitro
14. Goliath
15. Diamondback
16. Montu
17. Superman: The Ride
18. Fury 325
19. Lightning Run
20. Storm Runner

21. Boulder Dash
22. Intimidator
23. Verbolten
24. Apollo's Chariot
25. Stealth
26. Manta
27. Fahrenheit
28. Gatekeeper
29. Kumba
30. Chinese Fireball

Wicked Cyclone swaps places with Twisted Cyclone. There're honestly neck and neck, had a good think about 'em but my reasoning for putting WC over TC is that I need more rides on TC, even if it was very impressive. I only got one ride on TC whereas I've done 20 rides on WC over the past couple years. Wicked Cyclone also does just about everything Twisted Cyclone does and more (except the wave turn of course).

And honestly the pacing on WC isn't as bad as a lot of people make it out to be. Yeah the second half isn't as good as the first half but there's still some strong airtime until the end.

Superman jumped up from #21 to #17. For years it had been slipping but I got some awesome rides today so it deserves to be put right above Fury. The last time I rode Superman prior was when I tried that god awful VR a couple years ago, so today was kind of redemption. Honestly if it had the T-bars (never ridden it with them) and was a tad smoother I could see it breaking back into my Top 10. Right now the restraints are borderline painful with the airtime.

And more of a side note, but I had a pretty solid day at SFNE. Most of the time whenever I leave a Six Flags park I feel annoyed but I didn't get that today (big reason for that was light crowds lol).

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
So, Steel Vengeance managed to slither in here.

During the day it's excellent, but at night it's one of a kind. It pips Lighting Rod to the top spot because it's so long and doesn't really let up until the final brakes. It's got the intensity of Lightning Rod, it just lasts longer! I do wish they hadn't done the cut-back-zero-g (or whatever we actually call those things) - that's really, really poo. It doesn't flow and isn't comfortable to ride. They should definitely have done an Iron Rattler style cliff-drop back in the to the double down. Or done a quad-down, because, quad down. Seriously though, apart from that the coaster is magnificent. Especially at night, racing through that structure is just something else.

I decided to drop the Oriental Heritage woodie out, so my Top 20 currently looks like this. Top 10 feels pretty good, not so sure about the rest to be honest. I probably need to push Maverick up a little bit, I really enjoyed that.

1. Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
2. Lightning Rod, Dollywood
3. Taron, Phantasialand
4 . Fury 325, Carowinds
5. Dinoconda, China Dinosaurs Park
6. Boulder Dash, Lake Compounce
7. Skyrush, Hersheypark
8. X2, Six Flags Magic Mountain
9. Voyage, Holiday World
10. Top Thrill Dragster, Cedar Point

11. Montu, Busch Gardens Africa
12. Storm Chaser, Kentucky Kingdom
13. Formula Rossa, Ferrari World Abu Dhabi
14. Soaring with Dragon, Hefei Wanda Theme Park
15. Nemesis, Alton Towers
16. El Toro, Six Flags Great Adventure
17. Silver Star, Europa Park
18. Incredible Hulk, Universal Studios Islands of Adventure
19. Maverick, Cedar Point
20. Thunderbird, Holiday World

mGrdthz.jpg

Expect a signature/avatar change in the coming weeks...

Snoo

The Legend
So, Steel Vengeance managed to slither in here.

During the day it's excellent, but at night it's one of a kind. It pips Lighting Rod to the top spot because it's so long and doesn't really let up until the final brakes. It's got the intensity of Lightning Rod, it just lasts longer! I do wish they hadn't done the cut-back-zero-g (or whatever we actually call those things) - that's really, really poo. It doesn't flow and isn't comfortable to ride. They should definitely have done an Iron Rattler style cliff-drop back in the to the double down. Or done a quad-down, because, quad down. Seriously though, apart from that the coaster is magnificent. Especially at night, racing through that structure is just something else.

I decided to drop the Oriental Heritage woodie out, so my Top 20 currently looks like this. Top 10 feels pretty good, not so sure about the rest to be honest. I probably need to push Maverick up a little bit, I really enjoyed that.

1. Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
2. Lightning Rod, Dollywood
3. Taron, Phantasialand
4 . Fury 325, Carowinds
5. Dinoconda, China Dinosaurs Park
6. Boulder Dash, Lake Compounce
7. Skyrush, Hersheypark
8. X2, Six Flags Magic Mountain
9. Voyage, Holiday World
10. Top Thrill Dragster, Cedar Point

11. Montu, Busch Gardens Africa
12. Storm Chaser, Kentucky Kingdom
13. Formula Rossa, Ferrari World Abu Dhabi
14. Soaring with Dragon, Hefei Wanda Theme Park
15. Nemesis, Alton Towers
16. El Toro, Six Flags Great Adventure
17. Silver Star, Europa Park
18. Incredible Hulk, Universal Studios Islands of Adventure
19. Maverick, Cedar Point
20. Thunderbird, Holiday World

mGrdthz.jpg

Expect a signature/avatar change in the coming weeks...

Hey! I took that picture! :D

tomahawk

Strata Poster
1. Lightning Rod
2. Outlaw Run
3. Storm Chaser
4. X2
5. Wonder Woman
6. Maverick
7. Mako
8. Joker (SFDK)
9. Twisted Colossus
10. Voyage
11. Iron Rattler
12. New Texas Giant
14. Kraken
15. Lightning Run
16. Afterburner
17. Superman Krpyton
18. Tatsu
19. Top Thrill Dragster
20. Manta

I'm absolutely shocked about Sea World. Keep in mind, 15-20 are pretty interchangeable as I've never really kept past 10, but these rides were something else. Kraken was amazingly smooth and forceful for something of its age. Manta was just beautiful, and then Mako. Oh Mako. Back row, far left is amazing. Great airtime, solid flojector to ejector on several his, and just great. Surprise of this trip for sure.

Honorable mention to Expedition Everest. It's nothing great, but it's a ****ing blast. That said, I'm inching closer and closer to 200, with plans to make it Steel Vengeance next year. One last trip to SFOG planned this year for new creds, and hopefully I'll hit 300 next year too.

Hutch

Strata Poster
^Interesting about Kraken. Seemed to be running quite poorly for me last year and was far from smooth. Didn't want a re ride.

Also, looks like you skipped #13!

Matt N

CF Legend
1. Lightning Rod
2. Outlaw Run
3. Storm Chaser
4. X2
5. Wonder Woman
6. Maverick
7. Mako
8. Joker (SFDK)
9. Twisted Colossus
10. Voyage
11. Iron Rattler
12. New Texas Giant
14. Kraken
15. Lightning Run
16. Afterburner
17. Superman Krpyton
18. Tatsu
19. Top Thrill Dragster
20. Manta

I'm absolutely shocked about Sea World. Keep in mind, 15-20 are pretty interchangeable as I've never really kept past 10, but these rides were something else. Kraken was amazingly smooth and forceful for something of its age. Manta was just beautiful, and then Mako. Oh Mako. Back row, far left is amazing. Great airtime, solid flojector to ejector on several his, and just great. Surprise of this trip for sure.

Honorable mention to Expedition Everest. It's nothing great, but it's a :emoji_zipper_mouth:ing blast. That said, I'm inching closer and closer to 200, with plans to make it Steel Vengeance next year. One last trip to SFOG planned this year for new creds, and hopefully I'll hit 300 next year too.
I must admit it's nice to see another Mako fan! How many times did you ride, out of interest?

tomahawk

Strata Poster
^Interesting about Kraken. Seemed to be running quite poorly for me last year and was far from smooth. Didn't want a re ride.

Also, looks like you skipped #13!
We only got one ride as it was basically a cred run day, but compared to Krypton, which I rode a few months back, it was glass smooth, very intense and actually had airtime. Did not expect to love it.

Matt, we got in it twice, both back row.

I'll fix missing one later.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Matt N

CF Legend
We only got one ride as it was basically a cred run day, but compared to Krypton, which I rode a few months back, it was glass smooth, very intense and actually had airtime. Did not expect to love it.

Matt, we got in it twice, both back row.

I'll fix missing one later.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Brill! Thanks @tomahawk! I rode it 3 times; once in row 2, once in row 6 and once in row 7!

I also remember really liking Kraken!

Last edited:

YUNG_CHOPPA

Mega Poster
1. Lightning Rod dollywood
2. Outlaw Run silver dollar city
3. Incredible Hulk islands of adventure
4. Thunderhead dollywood
5. Manta sea world
6. Wild Eagle dollywood
7. Powder Keg silver dollar city
8. Wildfire silver dollar city