What's new

Top 10(ish): 2024 Edition - page 124

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
OMG I'm finally not the only one that thinks Mind Bender is better than Goliath!

???
Its pretty easily actually. El Toro while great was horrendously overhyped while i had absolutely no expectations for leap the dips and the experience blew me away. When it comes down to it i'd rather go back and ride leap the dips then El Toro. (thats not to say who I got to ride each with didn't make a difference in my enjoyment of the rides)

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Its pretty easily actually. El Toro while great was horrendously overhyped while i had absolutely no expectations for leap the dips and the experience blew me away. When it comes down to it i'd rather go back and ride leap the dips then El Toro. (thats not to say who I got to ride each with didn't make a difference in my enjoyment of the rides)
I have been trying to ride Leap the Dips for the past two seasons (made plans, but park still closed). I know that I’ll be thrilled to ride it just for historic reasons, but I know that some have actually praised the ride itself as exciting (while I’ve heard a lot more say the actual ride is a snoozefest).
So you love the actual ride? Can you say what about the ride you love?

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
I have been trying to ride Leap the Dips for the past two seasons (made plans, but park still closed). I know that I’ll be thrilled to ride it just for historic reasons, but I know that some have actually praised the ride itself as exciting (while I’ve heard a lot more say the actual ride is a snoozefest).
So you love the actual ride? Can you say what about the ride you love?

First thing is the ride is legitimately terrifying in your first go. It shakes, it’s sways back and forth and to be quite honest the ride looks like it could collapse at any minute. After that the ride is like nothing else you can experience in the US and that’s a pretty big plus in my book. The last thing is that my butt was easily out of my seat and I really wasn’t expecting it too be. When it comes down to it top X are all opinions and feelings. I’m not sure I can really convey why I love the ride so much but I do.

Last edited:

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
US Live was amazing. Love all those peeps. Have a new number one and some changes all around!

1. Steel Vengeance
  2. Lightning Rod
  3. X2
  4. Skyrush
  5. El Toro
  6. Outlaw Run
  7. Voyage
  8. Maverick
  9. Fury 325
  10. Boulder Dash
  11. Kumba
  12. Storm Chaser
  13. Millennium Force
  14. Superman SFNE
  15. Phoenix
  16. Wicked Cyclone
  17. Goliath, SFOG
  18. Shambhala
  19. Space Mountain, WDW
  20. Beast
  21. Iron Rattler
  22. Top Thrill Dragster
  23. Storm Runner
  24. Kawasemi
  25. Kingda Ka

Space Mountain still going strong
dGN47t3hiMODxxMLwf4CP475yOcSgFcjGjzFiqUfQNXzG8rVVC-MHpRN1PNVXirWwGar1IBQRrBqek1YS4p5v-fjjmknF0Q6UpRLwWVr-_s1gjOSqVqLNoetK6-pxnXC7cq93y2Ksjj3ifyXfzYUF7BASA4Kr3XVMYxJWgKG8Bfs97j1seeIRbWw_eOfuvOS73fgRLr4lp6aDCNKB74Z6uCsB2_IkWnm4T174ghj_J6DhWDFHRkkHicN6xy0t5ekaieA1f9mhQbHt0m-F5JN_J9zjrFCOLJMBHJfrVJvvqalgc7V9LkFoqymuU7Z_W0lUvWmWbjrGuhibuXZa9R-0fcqZWkKXLm1a500UEpuzuotnN3DFefv7SQWws5Z-7ZYBp2bKQWMaUF0t6Qn0nHMF8eiFJk9s9Ovg9Zzb94iBy_q5m_ofVo4fSIm3e-mUX_azC_iCFQE6_LOBUrUoJjHBczflzU0BromMKoJtRwdVuga6rOW0PejEGaw-KvPuqxPCFk5ixlS5RNPBAiRO8mDv9wdrzpBxbJmalOW9fglpU_Sjcryh2m4kOeJZmbowyerdFZuF3rXEp0EMn0D3o00jOfXEntrIro2sV88204=w267-h200-no

Snoo

The Legend
This right here. To be honest, the ride is a piece of :emoji_poop: in all the ways that make it wonderful.

Agreed. It helps we rode it together but the ride was just out of control fun. It's not Steel Vengeance but it's sexy in its own right.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Basic Bitch alert.
New in Bold, moved in Italics

1 - Steel Vengeance - The hype is real. It's another level above LR, which is another level above 3, 4 and 5. Can't imagine anything being better than this for quite a while, wouldn't change a thing.
2 - Lightning Rod
3 - Skyrush
4 - El Toro
5 - Taron
6 - Storm Chaser - The airtime on this thing is sick, the hill before the Zero G has RT hill levels of airtime and the bunnies are beautiful, just a huge shame about the location.
7 - Helix
8 - Outlaw Run - What an amazing coaster, everything until the barrel rolls is sublime, plus it has a gorgeous setting. It really didn't need the last roll though.
9 - Fury 325
10 - Goliath (GAm) - Dropped a place as after riding the other RMCs it's just not as impressive, did have another couple of brilliant night rides though.

RestlessRider

Roller Poster
1. Steel Vengeance (Makes most other coasters seem boring by comparison. Sets a new standard for thrills.)
2. Maverick
3. Boulder Dash
4. Intimidator 305
5. Fury 325
6. Millenium Force
7. El Toro
8. Superman The Ride
9. Skyrush
10. Outlaw Run
11. Top Thrill Dragster
12. Twisted Timbers
13. Wicked Cyclone
14. Storm Chaser
15. Raptor
16. Mystic Timbers
17. Kumba
18. Lightning Rod
19. Goliath (SFoG)
20. Phantom's Revenge
21. Goliath (SFGAm)
22. Shivering Timbers
23. The Voyage
24. Comet (Great Escape)
25. Expedition Everest

Last edited:

NAPayne31

Mega Poster
1. Steel Vengeance- for obvious reasons. It’s trimmed incredibly hard the last few times I’ve ridden it but that second half is still amazing.
2. Voyage- absolutely love this ride from the great first drop to the relentless 2nd half.
3. Maverick
4. Millennium Force
5. Montu
6. Banshee
7. Diamondback
8. Cheetah Hunt
9. Raven
10. SheiKra

Getting to Great Adventure and Hersheypark next month so I’m finally going to get my regional bias out of my top 10. I cannot wait to have Skyrush and El Toro in my life.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Honestly, I'm not sure anymore. 78 new creds in the space of 9 days has pickled my head.
I do know one thing - Steel Vengeance is the undisputed number 1. That much is a given.
Top Thrill Dragster is in, but I'm not sure where yet. Probably top 5. KK is therefore out, I've no use for that ride anymore. It served its purpose and I'll always cherish the memory of how scared I was on that launch track on my first and only ride... but nah. Dragster does it all so much better, there's a sense of joy about it that the "big green penis" just doesn't have.
Outlaw Run is definitely in... not sure where yet though.
Storm Chaser? Possibly. Depends on whether I can forgive the turdy location or not.
Thunderbird deserves a shout. As does Wildfire. As does Banshee.
Aw man, Voyage... what about Voyage? Dunno, maybe just that little bit too rough. Not sure.... that back row ride was pretty awesome though.
But what about the rides that would have to be evicted? Three new entries would mean three have to drop out, so things like Behemoth, Tatsu and El Toro might be at risk. El Toro!
Nah man, I give up.
Brain. Can't. Cope.

Snoo

The Legend
Honestly, I'm not sure anymore. 78 new creds in the space of 9 days has pickled my head.
I do know one thing - Steel Vengeance is the undisputed number 1. That much is a given.
Top Thrill Dragster is in, but I'm not sure where yet. Probably top 5. KK is therefore out, I've no use for that ride anymore. It served its purpose and I'll always cherish the memory of how scared I was on that launch track on my first and only ride... but nah. Dragster does it all so much better, there's a sense of joy about it that the "big green penis" just doesn't have.
Outlaw Run is definitely in... not sure where yet though.
Storm Chaser? Possibly. Depends on whether I can forgive the turdy location or not.
Thunderbird deserves a shout. As does Wildfire. As does Banshee.
Aw man, Voyage... what about Voyage? Dunno, maybe just that little bit too rough. Not sure.... that back row ride was pretty awesome though.
But what about the rides that would have to be evicted? Three new entries would mean three have to drop out, so things like Behemoth, Tatsu and El Toro might be at risk. El Toro!
Nah man, I give up.
Brain. Can't. Cope.

Is your CC really 337? You would. :D

Imagineer Josh

Mega Poster
Since all I did was a little moving around, here's a Top 10 update

1. Lightning Rod - Dollywood
2. Steel Vengeance - Cedar Point
3. Storm Chaser - Kentucky Kingdom
4. Voyage - Holiday World
5. Maverick - Cedar Point
6. Twisted Colossus - Six Flags Magic Mountain
7. Millennium Force - Cedar Point
8. X2 - Six Flags Magic Mountain
9. Goliath - Six Flags Great America
10. Magnum XL-200 - Cedar Point

I really started to see that while Voyage is fantastic and a personal favorite, it is more of a floater airtime coaster, while my Top 3 are all balls-to-the-walls ejector machines, and Lightning Rod was the one out of the three just packed to the brim with it, and it was a huge surprise every time I rode it.

John Knotts

Mega Poster
Nah, El toro's well overrated!
Won't be long before Steel Vengeance is called overrated as well. I just rode it and it's amazing, but it's not the world beater people have been hailing it to be. I still prefer Lightening Rod and Medusa Steel Coaster over it, and it's the second half of the ride that really propels it. The first half is great but doesn't feel anymore intense than most other RMC conversions.

Snoo

The Legend
Won't be long before Steel Vengeance is called overrated as well. I just rode it and it's amazing, but it's not the world beater people have been hailing it to be. I still prefer Lightening Rod and Medusa Steel Coaster over it, and it's the second half of the ride that really propels it. The first half is great but doesn't feel anymore intense than most other RMC conversions.

You gotta get on some more conversions then. :p

GeodieCoasterFan

Mega Poster
Added another 40 new coaster in my six days in parks in the US last week so a new updated top 10 ( new additions in Bold)

Top Thrill Dragster- It may not even be 20 seconds but what a 20 seconds it is, the launch is so powerful and such an exhilarating feeling. Going over the top hat is a breathless moment and the drop is totally awesome.

Leviathan- Former number one, didn't think it would get beaten but I underestimated TTD. Fast, smooth and a thrilling ride

El Toro- The perfect balance of fun and intensity, feel like you are going to fly out at some points but you cant help putting your hands up in the air as it is so good

Diamondback- The best of the 3 B&M hypers, love the airtime and the splashdown bit puts it ahead of Behemoth

Behemoth- Great airtime, fun drop and super smooth a really fun ride

Nitro- A lot of the qualities of the other B&M hypers but it seemed a little slower and less forceful than what I remember of the other 2 from the end of last year

Mystic Timbers- Lost its title of my favourite woodie but still a fast, fun ride

Millenium Force- Still big, still fast, still not as good as I initially expected

Sky Rush- It would be number 4 and my favourite hyper coaster if it wasn't for the 'thigh crush' restraints. Great drop with some nice air time pops

Hulk- Haven't been back since the rebuild, but loved the launch and found it a non stop intense thrilling ride