What's new

Top 10(ish): 2024 Edition - page 124

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
In a way, I prefer Wildfire's pacing. Everything comes at you so fast on Goliath that you don't have time to appreciate it all. Maybe pacing somewhere between the two would be best (that is the pickiest thing I've ever suggested).

Rachel

Coaster MILF
I'm not sure what offends me more - Stealth over Nemesis or Bandit over Nemesis...

I haven't had a good ride on Nemesis for years. Yes its a classic and apparently runs amazingly during the autumn months at night- but I can't rank it higher for something I haven't experienced and the last couple of times i've rode it i've been underwhelmed.
The launch on Stealth blows my mind, there's nothing else that terrifies me every single time I ride it and that's why I rate it so much.

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
Goliath does so much within such a small footprint. Every element is amazing, no deadspots, different types of airtime throughout the layout, good drop. Yeah it's over quite quick but it's wonderful what it does.
Wildfire's deadspots, Boulder Dash's nasty jolting, Fury's slow helix and trim, WC's ending, all these are minor issues, but Goliath has no minor issues. It could be longer, but it's not, so I judge what I've ridden, which is an incredible ride.

Renegade I can't speak highly enough about, it's so so so brilliant. Trying to fit these excellent rides in is getting harder and harder..
I can definitely see where you're coming from there. All I've got to say is that you need to get back to Compounce. The reprofiling has done WONDERS for Boulder Dash. The turn after the drop is still quite rough, but it's absolutely flying through the course and the last few hills are MUCH smoother with better airtime.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I can definitely see where you're coming from there. All I've got to say is that you need to get back to Compounce. The reprofiling has done WONDERS for Boulder Dash. The turn after the drop is still quite rough, but it's absolutely flying through the course and the last few hills are MUCH smoother with better airtime.
I didn't have any issues with the turn after the drop tbh, it was the turnaround before the last hills which killed me. Even besides that I ranked it highly, hoping to get back on it in a couple of years.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
So, before the Ghosterforce trip I had a very basic top 10 that was mostly filled with Floridian B&Ms. I feel like I can now put together a bit of a better list. (In bold are my new ones from this latest trip.)

Here goes:

1.Taron
2. Karnan

3. Montu (ex-number 1)
4. Expedition Geforce
5. Mako
6. Fluch von Novgorod
7. Black Mamba

8. Olympia Looping
9. Joris en de Draak (Red)
10. Karacho

Last edited:

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Yeah perhaps I should at least try and explain myself! I expected absolutely nothing from this coaster to begin with, I’d heard some atrocious tales about these RCCA woodies and expected a lacklustre ride. What I actually got was a relentless, brutal, punchy, airtime filled layout that just didn’t let up the hole way round! The layout is insane, it flys (bumps and bangs) all the way round without letting up until the brakes. There’s only one painful section where you can actually see the train bouncing but the rest has been retracked and I bloody loved it in the back. Granted I never rode anywhere other than the seat nearest the back (the very back was shut) but I can honestly say a mix between the crazy layout, a night ride, the mental airtime and the sheer brutality of the ride somehow made me really really love this coaster.

I get it, Chris, I totally get it. It was fantastic! The bouncing - oh my god, the bouncing, getting actual airtime off the bounces in the track - it was absolutely hilarious! Everyone was in bits at the end, I was actually crying with laughter, both times.
Hands down one of my favourite moments of the Live. :D

Will

Strata Poster
You are in for the treat of all treats when you go to CP :)
...or Port Aventura or Mirabilandia - just two of the better intamin accelerators out there :p

Or do yourself a favour and get yourself to Alton during Scarefest/fireworks this year, especially if the weather's like it was today!

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
Post Ghosterforce shuffle!

1: Katun
2: Helix
3: Taron
4: Dodonpa
5: Wildfire
6: Pyrenees
7: Montu
8: Shambhala
9: Space Mountain (WDW)
10: Steel Dragon 2000

11: Balder
12: Wodan
13: Mako
14: Karnan
15: Silver Star
16: ROTM
17: Takabisha
18: Fluch Von Novgorod
19: Kumba
20: Lost Gravity

11-20 is fairly interchangeable.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Changing things around a bit:

1. Lightning Rod
2. Outlaw Run
3. Goliath (SFGAm)
4. The Voyage
5. Bizarro (SFNE)
6. Boulder Dash
7. El Toro
8. Maverick
9. Storm Chaser
10. Banshee

The Voyage jumped two spots and Storm Chaser jumped one spot due to the numerous rides I took this past summer while living in Louisville, KY.

I'm looking forward to riding Lightning Rod again in a month to see if it holds its crown. I'm also anticipating another ride on Maverick next year to see if it'll fall below Storm Chaser.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Am I the only one who didn't think Karnan was mindblowing? It was a very good ride, don't me me wrong, but it didn't leave me with the Taron-effect.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
@nadroJ Karnan is tricky to judge for me. Lap one at the front was really good but not overwhelming, but lap 2 really had an element of insanity that even Lech at night didn't deliver. But my memories of both laps is kinda blurred now, and I really wish I could have gotten more laps to assess more accurately the coaster :(

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
My season is prettty much over so time to update this. My top then at the start of this season:
1. Taron
2. Nemesis
3. Furius Baco
4. Shambhala
5. Black Mamba
6. Saw
7. Wild Mouse (BPB)
8. Swarm
9. Rita
10. The Smiler

My top ten now (new entries in bold):

1. Taron
2. Nemesis
3. Wicked Cyclone
4. Goliath (SFOG)

5. Furius Baco
6. Shambhala
7. Superman (SFNE)
8. Storm Chaser
9. Thunderhead

10. Black Mamba

Obviously my trip to the US resulted in a bunch of creds making my top ten, but nothing could displace my top two. New creds bubbling just outside my top ten include OzIris, Mind Bender (SFOG), Wild Eagle and Stealth, which was (probably) my last cred of the year and 200th overall.

I've also now ridden enough woodies of a reasonably high calibre to do a top ten, though the one that would have topped the list (and maybe my overall top ten too) spited me back in June. I think we all know what that was! :D

1. Thunderhead
2. Wild Mouse (BPB)
3. The Comet (Great Escape)
4. Heidi the Ride
5. Kentucky Rumbler
6. Yankee Cannonball
7. Tonnerre de Zeus
8. Megafobia
9. Grand National
10. Loup-Garou

Not a great list I admit, but at least I can now put a list together! Hopefully some better examples will be added next year. :)

Last edited:

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
1. Maverick
2. Millennium Force
3. Mystic Timbers
4. TTD
5. Diamondback
6. Apollo's Chariot
7. Griffon
8. Tempesto
9. Raptor CP
10. Banshee
11: Shivering Timbers
12. Gatekeeper
13. Rougarou
14. Valravn
15. Verbolten
Some BIG Changes:

1. Maverick
2. Millennium Force
3. Mystic Timbers
4. TTD
5. Diamondback
6. Apollo's Chariot
8. Raptor CP
9. Banshee
9. Gatekeeper
10: Magnum XL-200
11. Valravn
12: Shivering Timbers
13. Griffon
14. Tempesto
15. Rougarou

When I rode Magnum yesterday for the first time in 2 years, I found the Airtime to be exceptional. No sentimental value here, it's just really fun! The reason it's not higher is it can be really shaky. Not rough, but the cars tend to shuffle on the drop, the second hill, and the turnaround. First two hills give little to no airtime where I sat, but the rest was phenomenal! Easily my favorite Arrow coaster.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
I've also now ridden enough woodies of a reasonably high calibre to do a top ten, though the one that would have topped the list (and maybe my overall top ten too) spited me back in June. I think we all know what that was! :D

1. Thunderhead
2. Wild Mouse (BPB)
3. The Comet
. :)
Which Comet?