What's new

Top 10(ish): 2024 Edition - page 124

Snoo

The Legend
So, after riding Steel Curtain, here is a FULLY updated list. I finally updated creds further down the list as I had been neglecting that. I also moved Voyage above Wildfire because it just felt right. RFII has fully dropped from my Top 30. The ride, while good, just doesn't hold up like it used to. MF is back in my Top 30 after hanging out just outside of it for a minute. This may move again by end of year because I'll be getting MaxxForce and a week from now Storm Chaser and Voyage once more.

Bold is new for 2019. Italicized is moved:

CC: 355

1 Steel Vengeance - Cedar Point
2 Lightning Rod - Dollywood
3 Boulder Dash - Lake Compounce
4 El Toro - Six Flags Great Adventure
5 Goliath - Six Flags Great America
6 Voyage - Holiday World
7 Wildfire - Kolmarden
8 Fury 325 - Carowinds
9 Outlaw Run - Silver Dollar City
10 Storm Chaser - Kentucky Kingdom

11 Mine Blower - Fun Spot Kissimmee
12 Copperhead Strike - Carowinds
13 Maverick - Cedar Point
14 Phoenix - Knoebels
15 Cornball Express - Indiana Beach
16 Banshee - Kings Island
17 Afterburn - Carowinds
18 Phantom's Revenge - Kennywood
19 Boardwalk Bullet - Kemah Boardwalk
20 Wicked Cyclone - Six Flags New England
21 Top Thrill Dragster - Cedar Point
22 Lightning Run - Kentucky Kingdom
23 X2 - Six Flags Magic Mountain
24 Steel Curtain - Kennywood
25 Behemoth - Canada's Wonderland
26 Tatsu - Six Flags Magic Mountain
27 Mystic Timbers - Kings Island
28 Millennium Force - Cedar Point
29 Leviathan - Canada's Wonderland
30 Thunderbird - Holiday World

Matt N

CF Legend
Great list @Snoo; I just looked back at the last list you posted in this thread, and it would seem some very significant changes have occurred! In particular, Ravine Flyer II moving from #14 to out of your top 30 entirely surprises me; did you get a really bad reride recently or something?

Also, I must admit that I'm surprised to see Millennium Force in there, as I was under the impression it was a very floater-based ride akin to many B&M hypers like Mako, Goliath SFOG and that sort of thing, which I didn't think you were a huge fan of?

Snoo

The Legend
Ok, hold up. Why in the **** is X2 so low?

giphy.gif

I haven't been on it since 2007 and I've become more of an airtime junky since then. It has held its own and has remained but I do need to go back to Cali eventually.

Great list @Snoo; I just looked back at the last list you posted in this thread, and it would seem some very significant changes have occurred! In particular, Ravine Flyer II moving from #14 to out of your top 30 entirely surprises me; did you get a really bad reride recently or something?

Also, I must admit that I'm surprised to see Millennium Force in there, as I was under the impression it was a very floater-based ride akin to many B&M hypers like Mako, Goliath SFOG and that sort of thing, which I didn't think you were a huge fan of?

RFII has just not popped like it used to. The ride is still good and I'd still slot it down in the 30-35 range but the roughness took over. As I said before, I haven't really had the time to look through my lower tier list and experiences like that have been overlooked. As far as Millennium Force, it's still a great ride and I really don't appreciate it in my rankings as much as I truly feel. The drop is great, the G's are great, even the floater (much better then Mako :p), and the experience is still very unique. Plus, I've been riding it for 20 years and still like it. Says alot about it personally and I couldn't let that puppy slip.

Dan Nguyen

Roller Poster
My top 20 shifted somewhat thanks to this previous trip. Rides in bold are the latest additions to my top 20.

1. Skyrush - Hersheypark
  2. Intimidator 305 - Kings Dominion
  3. Fury 325 - Carowinds
  4. Twisted Timbers - Kings Dominion
  5. El Toro - Six Flags Great Adventure
  6. Superman the Ride - Six Flags New England
  7. Wicked Cyclone - Six Flags New England
  8. Twisted Cyclone - Six Flags Over Georgia
  9. Storm Runner - Hersheypark
  10. Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit - Universal Studios Florida
  11. Fahrenheit - Hersheypark
  12. Batwing - Six Flags America
  13. Revenge of the Mummy - Universal Studios Florida
  14. Apollo's Chariot - Busch Gardens Williamsburg
  15. Mine Blower - Fun Spot Kissimmee
  16. Mako - Sea World Orlando
  17. Mindbender - Six Flags Over Georgia
  18. Goliath - Six Flags Over Georgia
  19. Coney Island Cyclone - Luna Park
  20. Nitro - Six Flags Great Adventure

The rest of my rankings can be found here

SingleRiderReak

Roller Poster
New Credit
Moved Higher
Moved Lower

1. Steel Vengeance
2. Lightning Rod
3. Fury 325
4. Twisted Colossus
5. Maverick
6. Copperhead Strike
7. Storm Chaser
8. The Voyage
9. Skyrush
10. Twisted Cyclone
11. Goliath (SFOG)
12. Lightning Run
13. Phoenix
14. Full Throttle
15. Millennium Force
16. Space Mountain (WDW)
17. GhostRider
18. Xcelerator
19. Top Thrill Dragster
20. Kumba
21. Montu
22. X2
23. Afterburn
24. Storm Runner
25. Mystic Timbers

Alex B

Mega Poster
1. Steel Vengeance
2. Twisted Colossus
3. Wicked Cyclone
4. Millennium Force
5. X2
6. Maverick
7. Tatsu
8. Incredible Hulk
9. Mystic Timbers
10. Top Thrill Dragster

Good to know I’m not the only one who prefers millenium to mav

Alex B

Mega Poster
Haha ! It's not a that uncommon thought though. But the reason why i put maverick below millee, is because I hate the restraints on mav.
Couldn’t agree more but it’s an awesome ride nonetheless it’s just that damn bar that prevents any air and millenium force is so open

Geeky Pastimes

Mega Poster
When will everyone just adapt the restraints that are on Mack Megas/B&M hypers/Taron - clearly you can be held in by your thighs without needing anything over your shins or shoulders, and it's so much comfier for tall people. I think half of the reason Helix and Taron are right at the top of my top ten is just how comfortable they are, it's been a while since I went on Twisted Colossus, does that have those horrible shin grips? They ruined a lot of my rides on Steel Vengeance.

Matt N

CF Legend
The issue is, I think restraints are too subjective; I know plenty of people who absolutely hate the B&M hyper clamshells and Taron's car style, for example.

Geeky Pastimes

Mega Poster
The issue is, I think restraints are too subjective; I know plenty of people who absolutely hate the B&M hyper clamshells and Taron's car style, for example.
Really, why is that out of curiosity? I can't remember Taron as well (back there in August, woop) but I can't see what a problem with B&M ones are, they're so comfy!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

JamesB

Mega Poster
I don't think I've ever posted my rankings here before, so here they are...

Top 10

1. Helix, Liseberg
2. Taiga, Linnanmaki
3. Dive Coaster, Chimelong
4. Swarm, Thorpe
5. Stealth, Thorpe
6. Big One, Blackpool
7. Grand National, Blackpool
8. Tornado, Sarkanniemi
9. Baron 1898, Efteling
10. Saw, Thorpe
-------------------
11. Daemonen, Tivoli
12. Nemesis Inferno, Thorpe Park
13. Air, Alton Towers
14. Nemesis, Alton Towers
15. Blue Fire, Europa
16. Silver Star, Europa
17. Hype, Sarkanniemi
18. Balder, Liseberg
19. Wodan, Europa
20. Mumbo Jumbo, Flamingo Land

I feel I may get some stick for Nemesis being so low, to be honest I think I rode it on a meh day quite some time ago hence it's dropping so low in my list.

Matt N

CF Legend
Really, why is that out of curiosity? I can't remember Taron as well (back there in August, woop) but I can't see what a problem with B&M ones are, they're so comfy!

For Taron's cars, I've heard some people say that they lack body support and put you in an odd position, making the ejector uncomfortable. With regards to B&M hypers, I also find them ridiculously comfortable, but a number of people say that they are very uncomfortable and hurt a lot, especially those on the larger side. I've heard a fair few cite large thighs as their reason for not liking B&M hyper restraints, so maybe it's a similar problem to the RMC restraints?

Geeky Pastimes

Mega Poster
For Taron's cars, I've heard some people say that they lack body support and put you in an odd position, making the ejector uncomfortable. With regards to B&M hypers, I also find them ridiculously comfortable, but a number of people say that they are very uncomfortable and hurt a lot, especially those on the larger side. I've heard a fair few cite large thighs as their reason for not liking B&M hyper restraints, so maybe it's a similar problem to the RMC restraints?
Not sure, I'm pretty big (6'3 and 16 stone) and Steel Vengeance was really uncomfortable, mostly on my shins, but the hypers are great, just enough support to convince me I won't fall out.

Matt N

CF Legend
Not sure, I'm pretty big (6'3 and 16 stone) and Steel Vengeance was really uncomfortable, mostly on my shins, but the hypers are great, just enough support to convince me I won't fall out.

Might well depend on the person!

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
I don't think I've ever posted my rankings here before, so here they are...

Top 10

1. Helix, Liseberg
2. Taiga, Linnanmaki
3. Dive Coaster, Chimelong
4. Swarm, Thorpe
5. Stealth, Thorpe
6. Big One, Blackpool
7. Grand National, Blackpool
8. Tornado, Sarkanniemi
9. Baron 1898, Efteling
10. Saw, Thorpe
-------------------
11. Daemonen, Tivoli
12. Nemesis Inferno, Thorpe Park
13. Air, Alton Towers
14. Nemesis, Alton Towers
15. Blue Fire, Europa
16. Silver Star, Europa
17. Hype, Sarkanniemi
18. Balder, Liseberg
19. Wodan, Europa
20. Mumbo Jumbo, Flamingo Land

I feel I may get some stick for Nemesis being so low, to be honest I think I rode it on a meh day quite some time ago hence it's dropping so low in my list.
The thing that jumped out at me was seeing Balder and Silver Star comparatively low. Anything in particular you didn’t like about that them? Seems odd seeing Swarm and Saw ranked pretty highly considering you’ve travelled pretty well!