What's new

Top 10: 2010 Edition

Naemuti

Mega Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
^ Yay Jordan has Ka in her top ten too <3

Unrelated, but on the topic of Ka; I can never decide whether to put it and Dragster in my top ten, myself, because while they have amazing launches, they're such one-trick ponies and I always want to put something...more substantial in their place. :?

Naemuti

Mega Poster
UC said:
Yeah, I used to have that problem too.

Then I just stopped caring, honestly. If you want to make a top ten, go for it...it's part of the fun of being an enthusiast. Personally, I just see rides as "fun" or "not fun" any more. If it's fun, it's in the "fun" category. If it's not fun, it's in the "not fun" category.

Kingda Ka is "fun."

You make a good point there. Kingda Ka definitely IS fun. I'll keep it then. :)

nadroJ

CF Legend
I have a fair few 'one trick ponies' in my top ten purely for the fact that all the coasters I have chosen do that 'one trick' really quite well and I'd rather ride something like Oblivion, that is just amazing at what it does, to something like Sheikra. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed Sheikra, but I don't find it as thrilling as Oblivion because it gives you too long to get over and almost forget the intensity of the drop, whereas with Oblivion that is all you really get, so you leave the ride feeling exhilarated and thinking 'Wow, that drop was instense!'. See also, Stealth.

nadroJ

CF Legend
To be honest, I rode it back in 2007, while it still had it's floor, maybe now it's floorless it'll change my opinion of it =]

And what I meant about SheiKra is the fact that I didn't come away from the ride just thinking about the drop, but rather the ride as a whole and I found that, like I said, distracted the attention away from the intensity of the drop, whereas Oblivion you'd be pretty stuck to focus on anything but =]

nadroJ

CF Legend
Jerry once told me that to ride Boulder Dash is like the best sex you've ever had, multiplied by ten. Are the rumours true because that is a lot to live up to haha XD

Naemuti

Mega Poster
nadroJ said:
Jerry once told me that to ride Boulder Dash is like the best sex you've ever had, multiplied by ten. Are the rumours true because that is a lot to live up to haha XD

I suppose I can't make a valid comparison, but Boulder Dash is quite amazing, 'specially in front.

EDIT to UC: If Taylor is a credit now I think she'd be to me what Boulder Dash is to her. :wink:

And what I meant about SheiKra is the fact that I didn't come away from the ride just thinking about the drop, but rather the ride as a whole and I found that, like I said, distracted the attention away from the intensity of the drop, whereas Oblivion you'd be pretty stuck to focus on anything but =]

I completely agree.

Where does Taylor rank?

Just below Boulder Dash

Can't complain :p .

EDIT to UC: If Taylor is a credit now I think she'd be to me what Boulder Dash is to her

Haha but I'm confused.. I don't have my Boulder Dash cred.

Jordan - don't worry, I give it about a year until Taylor is a credit half the members here have.

Yah right way to make me look like a slut! :p

MinteButtons

Mega Poster
Well, I have only been on ten coasters , so here they are with my ranking.

1) Nemesis, Alton Towers
2) Air, Alton Towers
3) Runaway Mine Train, Alton Towers
4) Shockwave, Drayton Manor
5) Sonic Spinball, Alton Towers
6) Troublesome Trucks, Drayton Manor
7) Beastie, Alton Towers
8) G Force, Drayton Manor
9) Buffalo Coaster, Drayton Manor
10) Catapiller, Barmouth Pleasure Park

Hopefully I'll be able to get on more coasters at Alton next year, because I can't see another park happening any time soon. :(

CMonster

Giga Poster
I'm really not good at doing any top ten lists, let alone lists for coasters... here goes though.

1. Manta, SWO
2. Montu, BGT
3. HRRR, USF
4. Sheikra, BGT
5. Talon, Dorney
6. Possessed, Dorney
7. Kumba, BGT
8. Incredible Hulk, IoA
9. Revenge of the Mummy, USF
10 Kraken, SWO

I think it's something like that.

Jake

Strata Poster
Haven't done one of these for AGES... it's getting too difficult... but i'll give it a go now.

Bold are the ones that I've ridden this year.

1) X2, Six Flags Magic Mountain
2) Boulder Dash, Lake Compounce
3) Ultimate, Lightwater Valley
4) Behemoth, Canada's Wonderland
5) Balder, Liseberg
6) Sheikra & Griffon, BGA Europe/Africa
7) Kingda Ka, Six Flags Great Adventure
8) S:RoS/Bizzaro, Six Flags New England
9) Goliath, Walibi World
10) Batman, The Ride (SFMM, SFGadv, Pargue Warner)

11) Revenge of the Mummy, Universal Studios Singapore
12) Tatsu, Six Flags Magic Mountain
13) Montu, Busch Gardens Africa
14) Appolo's Chariot, Busch Gardens Europe
15) Nitro, Six Flags Great Adventure
16) V2, Six Flags Discovery Kingdom
17) Talon, Dorney Park
18) Oblivion, Alton Towers
19) El Toro, Six Flags Great Adventure
20) Scream, Six Flags Magic Mountain

I'm a bit rusty at this so have probably missed a few out!

Edit: Just realised that I forgot Phoenix and Ravine Flyer haha... they'd be in there, but I can't be bothered to edit it. It's impossible for me to be satisfied with the order anyway!