What's new

Top 10: 2009 Edition

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
^ Yes I rode it at night, after 10:00 in the back seat. It was definitely better than during the day and an amazing experience, with probably the best ending on a coaster ever, but the ride was pretty rough and the trims and second lift really killed the insane pacing and speed the ride could have had. Besides, for a coaster to only be good at night...it deserved to be marked down.

EDIT: :?:

Also, if you do ride Terminator, don't get your hopes up too high. It's a really fun ride with pretty good theming but it is very short and only has one small pop of airtime, even when riding it 14 times during ERT including at night. My guess is that it will rank very highly on this year's Mitch Hawker poll but only because it's the best woodie to ever to come to SoCal and it's pretty much everyone's favorite woodie here unless you've gotten out of the state. Again, it's definitely a fun ride, I just don't think it's GCI's best.

No, GCI certainly isn't the best of the best, but I still think they can produce great rides. I've only been on two, Rumbler and Evel Knievel, and I think Terminator looks similar to, if not better than, Evel Knievel which ranks almost in my top ten. Rumbler was.. Not great though, so if it's like Rumbler then I take back what I said about wanting to ride it!

I do doubt it only has one pop of airtime though.. You can get little pops everywhere on those things. It may not be the strongest airtime ever but you can get a goodbit on the drop and then on whatever turns or bunnyhills..

CMonster

Giga Poster
Let's see...

Steel
1. Manta, SWO
2. Sheikra, BGA
3. Montu, BGA
4. Voodoo/Possessed, Dorney Park
5. HRRR, Universal Florida
6. RoTM, Universal Florida
7. Kumba, BGA
8. Hulk, IoA
9. Talon, Dorney Park
10. Steel Force, Dorney Park

Wow, I just changed that about 6 times as I was writing it.

Wood
1. GASM, SFoG
2. Gwazi (Yellow), BGA
3. Triple Hurricane, Cypress Gardens
4. Gwazi (Blue), BGA
5. Thunderhawk, Dorney Park

All five of them. :p

^ Yah, GCI's ARE pretty relentless, that's something I like about them. They don't stop until the final brake run! Even Rumbler was good with the pacing and stuff. They're short-ish rides, but can be sweet.

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
^ I also like that about GCI's. The pacing is pretty great on all of them, I'd take a GCI over a GG any day...but yeah, only one pop of airtime on Terminator for me.

^^ Oh Hellls noo! The pacing IS good on GCI's, but I'd never take a GCI over a gravity group. Two of my top.. Three are actually made by Gravity Group so that kinda says something about how I feel about them as opposed to no GCI's making my top ten whatsoever (though Evel came very close).

I'd take Voyage and RFII over almost anything... And most definitely over GCI's.

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
^^ I've only been on Voyage, but what I meant to say was I'd rather ride more GCI's like Thunderhead and Troy than GG's like Hades and Boardwalk Bullet. I really don't think GG's will last long, Voyage was rough and I've heard Boardwalk Bullet flies through its layout way too fast. Hades looks like a disaster, flying through a tunnel at high speeds with little bunny hops and badly banked turns. That leaves RF2 and Fireball which look like the better of the 5. I hope Timberliners help...

Snoo

The Legend
^Same could have been said for the first few GCI's.. and look where they are today.. except GCI got absolutely no acclaim, unlike the GG's we see today.

M_Force_4_ever

Roller Poster
M_Force_4_ever said:
Probably should've done this before my first trip of the season but...

Wood:
1. Voyage/El Toro
3. Raven
4. Dania Beach Hurricane
5. Ravine Flyer 2
6. Thunderhead
7. Hades
8. Phoenix
9. Hellcat (Timber Falls)
10. Giant Dipper (Belmont)

Steel:
1. Millennium Force
2. Superman - Ride of Steel (SFNE)
3. Goliath (Walibi World)
4. Behemoth
5. Xcelerator
6. Goliath (SFOG)
7. Nitro
8. Goliath (La Ronde)
9. Apollo's Chariot
10. Maverick

Well my list is almost identical, but there is an interesting change:
Wood:
1. Voyage/El Toro
3. Raven
4. Dania Beach Hurricane
5. Ravine Flyer 2
6. Thunderhead
7. Prowler
8. Hades
9. Phoenix
10. Hellcat (Timber Falls)

Steel:
1. Millennium Force
2. Superman - Ride of Steel (SFNE)
3. Goliath (Walibi World)
4. Behemoth
5. Xcelerator
6. Goliath (SFOG)
7. Nitro
8. Goliath (La Ronde)
9. Apollo's Chariot
10. Maverick

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Wow! MF4E finally graces us with his presence again! How's it going bud?!
Nice to see that Prowler made your Top 10. Wish Marcus & I could have made it out to Worlds Of Fun this summer as originally planned.
Have you been to Indiana Beach? If so, why didn't Cornballer make it into you list?

Snoo

The Legend
Seasons over.. here's the final list! :)

1. Boulder Dash
2. El Toro
3. Maverick
4. Bizarro (SFNE)
5. Voyage
6. Ravine Flyer II
7. X2
8. Top Thrill Dragster
9. Diamondback
10. Cornball Express

11. Evel Knievel
12. Phantom's Revenge
13. Alpengeist
14. Montu
15. Batman: The Ride (SFGAm)
16. Tatsu
17. Griffon/SheiKra
18. Goliath (SFoG)
19. Talon
20. Phoenix (Knoebels)

CC: 213

A

Anonymous

My Top 10.... Steel Only. :p didn't ride, a SINGLE woodie, this year. :eek: besides Blue Streak.

1. Top Thrill Dragster
2. Millennium Force
3. Maverick
4. Goliath (SFOG)
5. Fahrenheit
6. Bizzaro
7. Sheikra
8. Dueling Dragons (Ice)
9. Diamondback
10. Apollo's Chariot

Yeah... Top Thrill is My Top. :p i'ma Intamin Accelerator Junkie.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
SnooSnoo said:
Seasons over.. here's the final list! :)
1. Boulder Dash
2. El Toro
3. Maverick
4. Bizarro (SFNE)
5. Voyage
6. Ravine Flyer II
7. X2
8. Top Thrill Dragster
9. Diamondback
10. Cornball Express

Not a bad effort. I love that our top four are almost identical! <3 :)

1. Boulder Dash.
2. El Toro.
3. Dragon Khan.
4. Bizarro (SFNE).
5. Megafobia.
6. Alpengeist.
7. Lightning Racer
8. Griffon.
9. Nemesis
10. Oblivion

It's not changed aince I posted 7 pages back! :lol:

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I can only say my top 5 for certain. Stealth has dropped out of my top 5 altogether this year, and thus, Oblivion has moved up a place, as had NI. The Ultimate finishes off my Top 5.g

1. Nemesis
2. Megafobia
3. Oblivion
4. Nemmie Inferno
5. The Ultimate

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Millennium Force
Maverick
Nemesis
Top Thrill Dragster
Oblivion