What's new

To this day, is there one ride you STILL refuse to go on?

To this day, are there any rides you STILL refuse to go on?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

I was wondering if there was anyone here who would still refuse to go on a certain ride. This ride does not have to be a coaster, so the only rule is that it has to move (simulators do count). I think this will be an interesting poll because when talking to some coaster enthusiasts they had some surprising answers to things they were still afraid to ride. One would ride the Incredible Hulk Coaster but refused to go on Spider-Man! Boy was he missing out!

A

Anonymous

Oh yeah, and this doesnt count not wanting to go on a rde because it is to boring/ bumpy etc. or any other bad excuses.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Absolutely not.

I will go on every ride once whether I like the idea of it or not. I refuse to be called a blouse :p

However, if I dislike a ride, a repeat ride is out of the question *cough* Pandemonium at DMP *cough*

jonnyrocks

Mega Poster
Well I wouldn't go on Enterprise/Zodiac because it would make me sick, althogh Vortex/Afterburner (i think) are alright
I will go on any coaster, unless it looks boring!

kimahri

CF Legend
There is only 1 ride I will not go on NO MATTER WHAT and that is a ghost train hell even the one at my local fair i refuse to ride i don't care if people call me wimp and stuff but i will not ride them.

A

Anonymous

The only thing i wouldnt go on would be a really high skycoaster, they just seem weird n dodgy to me and not liking heights doesnt help. I like the thought of it though it looks fun but i just couldnt get myself on it.

Angel

Hyper Poster
I plan to never go on TTD, KK and when stealth is built nor will i go on that.

I'll give Rita a go though!

Oh and I refuse to go on Apocolypse as well ... starting to go very off detonator as well.

Will

Strata Poster
I'm with kimahari - besides Duel, people really struggle to drag me on that kind of attraction. I won't do the Blackpool ones - especially Pasaje del Terror - no way in hell my friends were going to succeed in dragging me in there.
My other ride I don't do is Tidal Wave - I've only been to Thorpe twice and both days were either cold, wet or both - not good days for this ride. I have no wish to be soaked to the skin for the rest of the day unless it's suitably hot.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
If pushed, there are no rides I would refuse to go on. However, I will refuse to go on something I don't want to go on if:

a) The queue is too long.
b) I have to pay extra for it.

This is why I've never been on SPin Doctor or a Sky Coaster. I will not face my worst fear, and be put out for it at the same time :lol:

One day I will do both these rides when the conditions are right. I'm with Ian, and re-rides don't happen on a ride I dislike during the same visit.

There isn't a coaster I'd refuse to go on! :D

A

Anonymous

I would like to think that i would go on any coaster/ride

The only ride i would have second thoughts about would be a skycoaster, not because of the height, its the way you are strapped in and the position you lie in.

joe

Mega Poster
I would go on anything. Im not really botherd about the queues. Its weird queues are always short when I am in a park.

Titan

Mega Poster
Uhh until a motnh ago I wouldnt ride anything over 230ft, any large flat rides like top spins, and other things of the sort. BUT, I know for a fact that anything wore then a cataclysm type rides, if it hangs you more than a few seconds upside down its too much for me. Also I know I wont ride MF, SRoS still scares me I dont think MF wont.

A

Anonymous

Well, drop towers allways give me second thoughts, but i can't think of any coasters that given the chance I wouldn't ride.

I think that I might not ride Hurakan Condor at PA, though when I next go, I may force myself on.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
..I think i'd try anything once, and if not it would be because i would think i might be sick if i go on it. So, spinny tacky fairgroudn rides are generally a no-no.

I dont like the idea of those spinning rooms where you get stuck to the wall and wont go on them/never have.

Nadia

Mega Poster
HAJiME said:
..I think i'd try anything once, and if not it would be because i would think i might be sick if i go on it. So, spinny tacky fairgroudn rides are generally a no-no.

That's the same with me, no one will ever get me on waltzers again as i'd soo be sick and sometimes I won't go on afterburners, esp fairground ones because they can make me feel so sick!!

So I will avoid some spinny rides, but ones that i've been on them before and that's how I know whether i'll feel sick!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Well, its prolly Power Tower for me. I absolutely hate drop rides. Only feeling I get is the feeling that I'm about to rip off the person next to me's head off. Not a fun, enjoyable feeling, as some people say. Other than that, I'll ride anything.

AeRo

Hyper Poster
Simple answer....No!

It is true that I look upon some rides with great aprehension, but hey, I've paid my money, I'm going on!

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Rides like Submission I refuse to do, apart from that I'll do anything no matter how much it will scare me, as many people saw during lives last year :p