What's new

Tivoli Gardens - Trip Report & Photos

JamesB

Mega Poster
Tivoli Gardens – 27th July

Hej! So last week I visited Denmark for the first time along with the famous Tivoli Gardens. It seems I didn’t take masses of photos there so this will be quite a light trip report. I was surprised by how central the park is in Copenhagen, you can see the Starflyer tower from quite a distance away.

The park has some amazing grounds, cue pretty photos...

I made a beeline for Daemonen as I knew the park would get a lot busier in the afternoon. I really enjoyed it, my second B&M Floorless. Its short and sweet but picks up a fair bit of speed on the inversions, some of the reviews I’ve read were critical of it but it was a pretty good ride. The area around round the ride is well themed.

After that we hit up some flat rides including Monsoon a crazy inverted magic carpet ride, we sat on the end seats and got some amazing tummy feels! The ride looks disgusting by appearance but is actually a lot of fun and you get a good long cycle on it (like most the rides at the park). Whilst over in this side of the park I hopped on Karavanen which is the parks Tivoli coaster, it’s a tiny circuit however it does about 5 laps. Did you know the original Tivoli model was built at the park, hence its name?

This was another crazy flat ride, Vertigo, which sadly I didn’t get a go on as the queue was always long and they were only running one side most the time, meaning only 4 people got on at a time. I found out later this is the only one of this model, bah!

Next up was Rutschebanen the historic wooden coaster which has recently been refurbished. The coaster was a lot of fun, surprisingly faster than it looks, good airtime in the back seat!

The Star Flyer had a long wait but was worth it, amazing views over the city. They did have a very strict control over items in your pockets, I got told off for having a map in my pocket.

The little streets around the side of the park were quite cool...

I didn’t get any photos of the other rides I rode, however I did Odinexpressen the Mack powered coaster which really builds up speed on it. I also did my first Air Race, Aquila, which I thought was enjoyable however there wasn’t a lot of force to it, I wonder if the newer models have improved on this. I also did the Flying Log based around Hans Christian Andersens fairy tales and The Mine which is a water based shooter, the targets didn’t work that well however, I found my gun rarely triggered any of them.

As we were leaving the illuminations started turning on, enjoy this last pretty photo!

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed it! If anyone requests, I can post some photos of Copenhagen/Denmark.

mouse

Giga Poster
Looks like a really nice park, I love parks like this with lots of small streets and paths to explore. Tivoli seem to have put in a lot of effort into theming to make it fully immersive, and I love that peacock wall :). I wouldnt guess it was in a city from your pictures.