What's new

Tivoli Friheden To Get "Mini Sky Roller"

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
The small danish park has the last couple of years been developing a new kids area.
With a driving school and a Zierer family drop tower in 2015, as well as a new kiddie spinning coaster from SBF Visa in 2016.

This year, yet another attraction will be added to "BilleBy" (BugTown) in the form a Gerstlauer Sky Roller of only 4 meters in height.
"Sommerfuglen" (Butterfly), as it's named, will have 10 gondolas and you'll have to be 100cm to ride.

Sounds like a really small version of the ride, but a great addition in my opinion.
The park is going in the right direction, I like the last couple of additions and Gerstlauer is a bit above what they'd usually go for. Hope it continues.

sommerfugl1538x600.jpg

Source: http://www.friheden.dk/forlystelser/sommerfuglen/#.WNMHZLxcnuU

Last edited:

Lofty

CF Legend
This is really cute - I could see this type of ride being built in so many smaller parks over Europe.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Agree with @Lofty, it looks cute.

I know there's a satisfaction to mastering the spin, but I wonder if they could engineer it to be easier for the junior versions? The wings on a regular one feel heavy and slightly awkward for a muscular beefcake like myself. God knows how it must feel to a feeble 8 year old.

S

SimonSays99

^As far as I gathered from talking to a Gerstlauer tech on the first day of operation of a SkyFly at Duinrell the the rotating motion on the seats are already power assisted as they are. He said the heavier you are the easier you get the seats to spin - admitting that anyone below 50 kilos has very little chances of getting the seat spinning. I guess giving it even more power assist would exclude heavier riders as the spinning might get too fast...

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
The ride is now open.

Here's a picture from opening day and a video interview I found on YouTube that shows the new attraction off-ride:
The interview is in danish but the CEO says that when "smaller" children ride, the vehicle will be locked so that it won't go all the way upside down.

18622153_947645398671841_5643832894818921874_n.jpg

Lofty

CF Legend
He's either really **** at the technique or it's really difficult to actually spin, I can't work it out...

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
He's either really :emoji_poop: at the technique or it's really difficult to actually spin, I can't work it out...
He's **** at the technique. It doesn't look like he's moving his upper body around enough - to really get them going you want to significantly shift your weight in the seat too. And ideally start the rocking before the ride even starts rotating, that way you've got a head start. :p