What's new

Tips and Tricks for Berjaya Times Square, KL

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
I realise I'm inquiring to a very select group who have actually visited the park, but since I'm visiting Kuala Lumpur for a few days as part of my holiday, it was the natural decision to plan a visit to Berjaya Times Square theme park (formerly Cosmo's World).

Obviously, I've never been to the park before, or even an indoor theme park, and all I am aware of so far is the awesomeness of Supersonic Odyssey and the existence of a few other flats, including a Top Spin and a double swinging inverter.

Therefore, I've got a fair few questions -
-How are the attractions priced? What discounts do wristbands offer?
-Is the best way to get there by the monorail?
-Since I will only be there for a few hours, what else should I go on?
-I'll also be Off-ride filming, so are there any great vantage points?
-Finally, what can I keep the others occupied with whilst I get the Christmas credit? :wink:

Thanks in advance...expect a trip review soon!

Btw, I would love to visit Sunaway lagoon if I have time- is it worth it and accessible (I do love a bit of Proslide and soquet :--D )

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^I can't remember the pricing, but you'll want a few rides on Supersonic Oddyssey, so just get the all-inclusive.

Depending on where you're staying, the monorail is the best bet. Taxis in KL are also really cheap, and if you're fairly central, you could even walk it.

You won't need a few hours. The park is small and there's not a great deal there. There's an interesting "Condor" type ride with outward facing seats. It's not very good, but I've never seen one anywhere else. There's also an Intamin inverting thing. Basically, it's just the coaster.

You'll see the vantage points once you're there. Once you're in the park, just take a look around and you'll see some places in the mall that offer some decent views. Just make your way to those when you're done with the rides.

Berjaya Times Square is a huge shopping mall. Just tell the others to have a look around for an hour or so.

Sunway Lagoon is pretty crap to be honest. It's basically a taxi job, and not really worth the effort unless you have plenty of time. There's a good chance the coasters won't even be open judging from recent reports.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
^Thanks a lot Gavin, that's really helped. I'm not even contemplating Sunway lagoon now - but since they solely have one operational cred, it would seem they're becoming exclusively a waterpark..?

Anyway, as soon as I return I'll be posting videos and a TR (with a bit of culture too). Thanks for your help :--D

Jake

Strata Poster
Sunway Lagoon is such a dump </3.

Pretty much what Gavin said. There isn't anything else worth bothering with, just a couple of crappy flats. I can't remember how much it was but it wasn't amazingly cheap I don't think... I just did the cred once and left.

_koppen

Hyper Poster
I would say that you should go to Sunway Lagoon, but for the water park, and nothing else. It's one of the best looking water parks in the world, and they also have the biggest wave pool in the world, with humongous waves! (There are no Proslide's there though, most things are Whitewater ;) )

Where are you going to live in KL? I would say the monorail is the best way to get to Times Square, but during rush hour it becomes "squeeze and if your lucky you will get on it", so then take a taxi.

If you are into flat rides there are a few decent ones at Times Square, but as said above, a few hours should be enough. I love flats, and we did the coaster a lot of times (it's awesome!) so I think we spent around 4 hours in there.

Iactually also thought this was a nice thing to do:
http://klbirdpark.com/index.cfm

And don't do the Petronas Towers. You have to be there a like 5 am to get a ticket, and the TV tower takes you higher up anyway.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Yep, the bird park is cool. There's a load of wild monkeys around that area, too, and some other stuff like a butterfly house. It's a really nice, quiet area considering it's right behind the main train station.

The Petronas Towers are very cool from the outside, but yeah, not worth going into as you can only go to the bridge between them anyway, and only with pre booking.

The KL Tower is a better option. The walk up through the jungle is nice. There used to be a zip line course up there as well. Not sure if it's still there though.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
I visited KL in November

As everyones said Times Square is easy as pie to do. Good coaster too. Theres a couple of spinny flats which are alright if you like that thing. You now have to enter from the lower level of the park only and the exit is now at the upper level. A little confusing if you enter the park from the wrong level of the Mall.

The kids train is amusingly tacky. It runs through a random fake cave in the wall and goes past some rubbish ghost scene. (Only ride if no one can see you)

I'd avoid Sunway Lagoon unless you want to visit the water park. Also make sure you have cash before you turn up as they now give you a wrist band to put all your money on and you have to use the band to buy and food, get lockers etc etc... and brilliantly when I was there you couldn't top it up with a card.

The amusement park was also a bit of a mess. There were boards up hiding the now derelict/removed mine train and log flume. Every ride needed some love and the main coaster had scaffold all over it (That at least should be gone by now.... you'd hope :p )

Tower wise. I agree do the KL tower rather than Petronas. Petronas is best viewed from the bottom.
The jungle walk Gavin mentioned is closed though. They are working on it for a couple more months i believe. You have to go up the main road at the moment (there is a shuttle that runs up to the top of the hill)

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Thanks everyone for your input! (Sorry, I left over Christmas so unfortunately I couldn't view all the comments before I departed!)

Anyway, I've finally edited all the videos and made a trip review...
Here it is viewtopic.php?f=31&t=37390 :--D