What's new

Thoughts on Saw

A

Anonymous

Ollie said:
A-Kid said:
Yeah, it was like that on my last few visits. The bolt's been chaved.
Apparently it was a member of staff (Alfonso I think he's called) according to someone I know. But I'm not sure.

Why would a member of the ride team vandalise a gate?

Also alfronso wouldnt do that
I refuse to believe it! :evil:

More to the point... who decided that a pair of bolts, that can be lifted out with two fingers, would be adequate?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I can finally post. Hurrah I'm sure...

Erm, it's actually the best of the three Eurofighters I've done. Well, it's the most comfortable.

First up, I have to say how poor the theming is - it's very poor indeed. The entire thing is just pants.

The ride inside the building is actually good fun. The rest of the ride flows nicely and I didn't find it painful at all. It's just very bland really. Nothing outstanding at all, but not bad I guess. It was better than I thought as it wasn't uncomfortable, but worse than I thought as it wasn't all thrilling.

Meh really... 6/10

Ollie

CF Legend
^^I know. Apparently it was an accident though as he went to shut it and it just came off. It may of already been broken and someone balanced it back on or something.

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
^ I saw that gate too and tried to prop it up slightly so the other bolt wouldn't snap.

^^ Well, I thought it was quite good, ridden it 6x now, and it is very nice. The main reason I like it is because of the airtime, so I guess people that go out of the south of england to other parks more than twice a year or so would not find saw so great, but it provides some really nice forces thoughout the ride.

However, I'd say that contrary again to your post, it was one of the roughest eurofighters (of 2, I've only been on speed and this) that I have been on. The last turn into the brakerun, for example, is a major headbanging spot. Considering that the ride has been operating for... 3 months now? It's already rough.

The theming isn't pants, but then again this is only relative. I'm sure disney do a lot better and out of the parks I've been to europa would come first, and thorpe would not be second. However, even though the bodies are fake, thorpe have made an effort, they've enclosed the entire station and prelift in a building, and they've put some cool onride experiences in. It may not be expedition everest, but it's better than a plastic volcano, a slushie coloured pink and blue pyramid or a few megaphones.

On the whole, I really enjoy Saw: The ride. Having it on its own island also helps with the mesh entrance on the 'bridge'. It might just be the hype or the airtime but I'm going to give it a nice high 8/10.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It's John Lewis - the ride. All crap plastic store dummies with some red on them. I just don't call it decent theming in the slightest. It's not even decent compared to a lot of stuff in the UK.

I noticed it was untrimmed Erol - It flowed quite nicely.

A

Anonymous

Absolutely brilliant!!!!!!!!!, definately the best theming on a british coaster for a looooonggg time,the drop inside took me by surprise lol, the only bad thing, there was no fastrack and i queued 4 hours to get on :(

Swat

Mega Poster
I managed to get on Saw on Tuesday. Brought fast track because the park was packed with school kids. I really enjoyed it. I got on the back left of the first car and couldn't really see much but it was enjoyable a bit painful at places but I got some decent airtime on the first drop, Hill and the break run into the dive loop. I got off slightly dissapointed but I enjoyed it alot more the second time in the second car. I don't why I did I just enjoyed it alot more the second time around. Its a good ride not the best in the park but its not a bad ride.

It being my only Eurofighter i've been on it was new to me so that makes it that little bit better.

8/10

jokerman

Giga Poster
I finally got on it on Wednesday, and it was awful. The theming was dreadful (aaah, a fake sounding gun.) I sat front right of the second car. You could see the first car going round the track underneath yu, and you could also see the drop coming. I actually thought the layout was good, but it was spoilt by the fact that I found it incredibly painful. I came off with a stonking headache.
Overall I thought it was a case of good idea, appauling execution. I won't be riding again in a hurry.

4.5/10

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Having done Mystery Mine now it really puts Saw into perspective...

In other words, it's what it should have been, only one part of Saw is better than MM, and that's the fact that the first drop is hidden from the queue...

Aside from that, everything else pales in comparison to the awesome (actually themed) indoor section(s) of MM, and the fact that it didn't hurt anywhere as much as Saw did, even with it's square turns :lol:

A

Anonymous

I think it is an OK ride, it is no way as forceful as I have been told, but it still has a bit of force. I think that inside is very good, but outside it all goes downhill. I would give it 8/10 because the themeing is good and inside is very good!

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
AltonThorpe said:
but outside it all goes downhill.

That's how coasters work,other wise they'd just grind to a halt.(sorry)

AltonThorpe said:
because the themeing is good and inside is very good!

Now I found the themeing inside very poor,and yet I really like the outside.

And can I just say,I found this surprisingly smooth,and for me that's rare.

HarryBoyy

Mega Poster
It is a really good ride which gives you a very scary expirience the second car at the front is the best because yoo hear the puppet speakk

Darren B

Giga Poster
saw

really good ride, havent been on any other eurofighters but im guessing this is one of the best. the theming is brilliant and the ride is breathtaking.

my only complaint would be it is a little rough, but so what? adds to the fun right?!

Ollie

CF Legend
The only reason people are disappointed with it is because of all the hype around it. If you look at it for what it is and pretend it's not related to a film it is a pretty decent ride. The themeing is better than any coaster we've had in the UK for a long time and it is a fun ride. I don't see what there is to hate about it.

Jake

Strata Poster
It hurts too much, that's whats wrong with it.

It's rare that coasters hurt my head so much that I actually don't bother riding them, but Saw manages this.

If it was brutal and had character, like Ultimate, it would be fine fine. However, Ultimate doesn't give me a headache for hours after riding.

Saw is a horrible ride, which is a shame, because it could actually be good if it didn't make my brain bleed.