What's new

Thorpe Park Weekend - 27th, 28th & 29th March.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Thorpe Park - Friday 27th March

Who went: Me & Stuart.

Weather: It was ok, bit cold and windy, but nothing to worry about!

Ride Count:

Stealth x2
Inferno x3
Detonator x2
Saw - The Ride x3
Slammer x1
Rush x2
Quantum x1
Vortex x1
Loggers Leap x1
Colossus x1
Samurai x1

Highlights:

Going to Thorpe Park and hardly experiencing any issues with ride downtime.

Getting on Saw three times, twice through the fastrack entrance due to a priority pass the first time and a good ride host taking us through the fastrack queue because he knew our faces.

Watching Stealth rollback, first time I've ever seen that happen.

Getting a very good ride count considering it was slightly busy and some of the rides were on low capacity.

Nemesis Inferno and Colossus being put on two trains when the queues built up.

The weather holding out throughout the day.

The flat rides having short queues, I really enjoyed Rush too, by far the best flat ride at any Merlin park in this country.

Getting back on Stealth after so long, it is so much better than Rita IMO.

Lowlights:

The faff with Stealth after it's rollback, they faff about so much with it.

The staff on Nemesis Inferno, they arent very good to be honest. They werent moving guests into the loading bays and werent making much effort to get the trains sent out quickly.

Saw is a great ride, BUT it lacks the tension that you would expect from a ride themed on a horror movie.

Slammer, its a horrible ride, not sure why I put myself through it every Thorpe visit. :S

My thoughts on Saw The Ride:

Themeing: 8/10 - It only gets an 8 because I feel that its lacking in certain area's. Once inside the station building you are expecting a tense build up, but all you get is a banging sound and a repeated video every few minutes. The themeing whilst on the ride, is fantastic though.

Ride: 7/10 - I am still not a huge fan of Eurofighter's, without the themeing I think it'd be a pretty average ride at best, but I enjoyed the ride experience.

Staff: 8/10 - Efficient and appeared to be doing a great job.

Thorpe Park - Saturday 28th March

Who went: Me, Stuart, Ash, Sarah + fella, Heather + fella.

Weather: Windy and slightly wet.

Ride Count:

Saw x1
Samurai x1
Slammer x1
Inferno x4
Detonator x1
Stealth x1
Rapids x1
Rush x2
X:/No Way In x1
Colossus x1
Loggers Leap x1
Quantum x1

Highlights:

Ash enjoying the day and getting on rides for first time.

Getting to Saw before the queueline picked up, it was 90 minutes by the time we'd got on it, lucky we got to front of the queue.

Finally getting on Stealth after 50 minutes of faffing, see lowlights for more details.

Inferno re-riding at the end of the day.

Seeing everyone except me and Stuart on Tidal Wave lol, it was funny to see them getting drenched.

Me and Ash being nicknamed Sonic and Tales due to our hair lol.

Once again having a mental cycle of Samurai, its madness.

Lowlights:

Going on Slammer and X:/No Way In.

Stupid toilet cleaner, who had as much sense as a piece of bread. He shut some toilet's at 5:30pm, when park close was 6pm, locking in Stu and other guests in the toilet. So I politely reminded him that park close was another 30 minutes away and he had locked numerous people in the toilets. He did not believe me until Stuart was trying to force his way out the toilet.

Stealth madness. Rolled back FOUR times while we were in the queueline. One train was running fine and the other train kept rolling back, but Thorpe's mechanic's failed to understand the simple logics of this and took 50 minutes to test Stealth four times and come to the conclusion one train was running slower than the other. Four times they loaded the slow train full of passengers and four times it rolled back. So thankfully after 50 minutes of indecisive activity from the staff and maintenence team, they finally took the slow train off and didnt experience another rollback, until 6pm, when the wind picked up.

Inferno staff member decided to take the rules into her own hands and close the queueline 30 minutes early, despite the rest of the staff being clueless to why they had no queueline. So we informed the staff but the queue was still not re-opened, but we still managed to get on the ride, but others were disappeared because they didnt realise that they were still taking passengers.

Guest services trying to make Stealth's rollbacks sound like an every day activity, which maybe the case at Thorpe Park, but no where else in the country. They didnt seem to care that many guests had to wait 50 minutes for the staff to finish off making a simple and logic decision.

Thorpe Park - Sunday 29th March

Who went: Me, Stuart, Dan, Tom, Laura and two of Tom's mates.

Weather: Warm!

Ride Count:

Saw x1
Colossus x1
Slammer x1
Nemesis Inferno x1 (Poor!)
Stealth x5
Flying Fish x1
Rush x1
Quantum x1
Detonator x1
Loggers Leap x1

Highlights:

Once again beating the rush of people to Saw, we queued 45 minutes, instead of 120 minutes, which the queue eventually got to.

Seeing some old friends from CF on park.

Rides were operating smoothly, no rollbacks, no lift stops and no annoying breakdowns.

Toilets and queuelines staying open till 6pm, unlike the previous day.

The phantom kettle!!! Me and Stu's travelodge room kettle decided to randomly boil itself at 1:30am when neither of us had been near it. We named it the phantom kettle and Stu even said that if its a poltergeist at least its a friendly one coming to make us a brew!!

Stealth front row, on the last train of the day.

Having our own version of the Churchill advert. I was given the wrong meal twice, its good, but its not right, I ordered a bacon double cheeseburger.

Glad I am not the only one who dislikes Slammer and Colossus, step forward Dan, who shares the same opinion.

Dan's random comment about Stealth, its too good for Thorpe Park, we want it at PBB!!

Lowlights:

Terrible operation on Nemesis Inferno. At least six empty seats on every train, the staff made no effort at all to fill the trains. Nemesis Inferno would be much better if it had Alton Towers staff, who know how to properly run a B&M Invert.

The M40 on the way home, boring motorway!!

Scott88

Hyper Poster
PHOTOS!!!!
Thorpe Park - Friday 27th March

Almost there. :D

P1010239.jpg

They havent got round to changing it to Merlin yet..

P1010244.jpg

And were in!

P1010245.jpg

Colossus.

P1010247.jpg

It was my first ever Thorpe ride in 2005 and Stuart's first Thorpe ride in 2007, so we had to start with Rush;

P1010252.jpg

This photo will appear in every Thorpe trip report on most forums atm;

P1010256.jpg

Same with this one too;

P1010257.jpg

We entered the queueline for Saw not knowing what to expect;

P1010260.jpg

Stu was relaxed and really looking forward to it;

P1010261.jpg

The queueline;

P1010264.jpg

The queue started here, but sadly it had broke down, so we didnt get any further than this;

P1010265.jpg

Unhappy Stuart;

P1010266.jpg

Nemesis Inferno was looking a safe bet;

P1010267.jpg

Inferno.

P1010272.jpg

Inferno again;

P1010273.jpg

P1010279.jpg

And into the station, it started on one train.

P1010282.jpg

In the end the queueline did build up, but as you can see, we got to it at a good time;

P1010283.jpg

Next stop Stealth;

P1010287.jpg

P1010288.jpg

I was bored in the queue, so decided to take a random photo of our exit pass for Saw;

P1010292.jpg

Stuart couldnt wait to get on Stealth;

P1010296.jpg

Not long to go. :)

P1010299.jpg

Detonator!!

P1010304.jpg

The queueline is ideal for Nemi Inferno photos. :)

P1010303.jpg

After getting on Det, we had a photo break;

P1010310.jpg

P1010309.jpg

P1010312.jpg

Stuart and his gourmet burger.

P1010314.jpg

Next ride was Colossus, which had been put on two trains :)

P1010316.jpg

Good for photos, shame the ride isnt good;

P1010318.jpg

Unlike me, Stuart likes Colossus. :):

P1010320.jpg

Two more Colossus photos;

P1010325.jpg

P1010326.jpg

Not far from the station now!!

P1010328.jpg

After we'd done Colossus, we headed over to Samurai and Saw;

P1010336.jpg

Saw.

P1010337.jpg

It was compared to Oblivion quite alot by the non enthusiasts;

P1010339.jpg

Saw.

P1010342.jpg

P1010343.jpg

P1010345.jpg

Samurai, its the drugged up version of Bling. :roll:

P1010346.jpg

Stu was lovin the Samurai theme music.

P1010347.jpg

Next stop, Loggers Leap.

P1010348.jpg

Its not too bad for Saw photos.

P1010349.jpg

A horrible ride, hate the thing, not sure why I go on Slammer every time I go Thorpe!!

P1010352.jpg

Colossus collection;

P1010354.jpg

P1010355.jpg

P1010356.jpg

Your ride on Rush is about to begin!! :)

P1010360.jpg

Bortex lol.

P1010361.jpg

Soak zone anyone?? Erm, no thanks!!

P1010370.jpg

Maybe in June or July, but not in March!

P1010372.jpg

We got to Stealth to see it rollback, it was quite interesting to watch them sort it out;

P1010376.jpg

Thankfully, they got it back open.

P1010382.jpg

We took another stop at Inferno.

P1010385.jpg

We went to Saw for the last ride, going through Fasttrack twice meant we missed the queueline experience;

P1010387.jpg

Move along, nothing to see here.

P1010388.jpg

I am sure I am not the only one who'll get a photo here.

P1010389.jpg

Guard dogs. cool)

P1010390.jpg

P1010391.jpg

We got in the main queueline for Saw and waited to see the themeing for the first time.

P1010397.jpg

Fly Emirates anyone??

P1010400.jpg

P1010401.jpg

Checks out merchandise;

P1010403.jpg

Samurai closed, as the day was over;

P1010404.jpg

Anyone fancy a drink? :lol:

P1010411.jpg

Copyright Bicko.

Lucy

Hyper Poster
I enjoyed reading your report Bicko which also has some great photos!

I was also at Thorpe on Saturday and saw you but didn't get an opportunity to say hello!

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Lucy said:
I enjoyed reading your report Bicko which also has some great photos!

I was also at Thorpe on Saturday and saw you but didn't get an opportunity to say hello!

Cheers for the feedback Lucy. :)

Shame you didnt get chance to say hello, there's always next time I guess. :)