What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lespaulx

Roller Poster
Am I wrong if I think the bridge is installed too?

y3Xog.jpg

anyone noticed it? :|

AJ

Giga Poster
Ethan said:
AJ said:
^That's track cover.
I think they know that because the person above you just posted saying that :)

No they didn't. They said it looked like track cover. I merely confirmed.

The bridge is pretty much complete by the looks of things, but it looks more like metal piping then the plans.<//3

Lofty

CF Legend
Lespaulx said:
Am I wrong if I think the bridge is installed too?

y3Xog.jpg

anyone noticed it? :|

Yes. A page or two back!

I really do think Merlin have pulled their fingers out on this. It's looking great. I know this has been asked a 1000+1 times already but, is anyone going for opening day? (whenever it is?)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Thorpe are selling "open ended" tickets for between March 15th and April 1st to ride it. So opening day pencilled in for Thursday 15th March? There's not an official announcement I can see yet on an opening day and the open tickets will be their way of covering potential delays.

I imagine there'll be a few people salivating at the gates on opening day for you to join and pool your drool with ;)

Actually, just looked on the opening dates part of the Thorpe site and it says that the park isn't open until the 17th, so that's a bit odd... Must be soft opening for pre-book only.

marc

CF Legend

How much more theming is due to be installed or is that near enough it now.

Thorpe and this open on March 15th.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
There's still the chopper to go in isn't there? Other than that I don't think there's a massive amount else.

marc

CF Legend

15th is a Thursday as well.

Makes me think Thursday and Friday is for pass holders only and then Saturday 17th is for the rest.

Ollie

CF Legend
THE SWARM - Developers Diary said:
There has been a SPECIAL DELIVERY to THE SWARM site today....can you guess what it is?! Updates to follow later today....
I'm guessing either the trains or the helicopter.

spicy

Giga Poster

Hopefully trains and maybe even a video of the coaster in the next few days.

Can't wait to see how this runs.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Loving the lights and the detailing, excellent stuff.

Now, testing will start very soon and we can have the mass of posts discussing how slow and disappointing it looks, then the optimists saying it's not fully loaded/warmed up/running at full speed/will be great anyway posts.

Fun, fun, fun!

spicy

Giga Poster

Trains looking awesome! Just like the artwork and loving the red lights!

furie said:
Now, testing will start very soon and we can have the mass of posts discussing how slow and disappointing it looks, then the optimists saying it's not fully loaded/warmed up/running at full speed/will be great anyway posts.

Fun, fun, fun!

Haha! Spot on. At least we won't have the will it/won't it have airtime posts. We can save that for the Shambhala topic :lol:

nealbie

CF Legend
Oh Thorpe, you've done fantastically well!

Alas, in vain, everyone will still hate on you because you're Thorpe :p .

Status
Not open for further replies.