What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

the king

Mega Poster
Re: The Swarm - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

For some reason, thorpe are hiding the track. Dunno why. Hopefully the pics that will surface today will show some decent views of the track, if they can be seen.

marc

CF Legend

Not sure why everyone wants to see the track, when they start to build it we will see lots of track :)

ry1996

Mega Poster

Not sure if there is any Track ? without evidence No one knows for sure should be here by now though ?
Ike not sure is a steel coaster Track would arrive at the park In a container though ? Usually on the back of lorries ?

A

Anonymous

Some interresting stuff was posted on Screamscape a few days ago:
Screamscape said:
Remember that odd mention of a “head-first” drop feature to be found on The Swarm? It just struck me as being kind of odd myself, and I’m not alone, as this has also sparked a new rumor, which does match up with some of the rumors I heard about B&M’s Wing Coaster project a year ago when it was first rumored for Italy.
According to the rumor, Raptor in Italy was just the first step in the Wing Coaster development project, as B&M were said to be planning on adding some kind of seat rotation element to future versions of the ride once they were able to get Raptor up and running and study all the stress and forces the new design would put on the winged seat design.
If The Swarm is indeed to be the next generation Wing Coaster design from B&M, it could be possible that the seats could rotate into a unique ‘head-first” position during the first drop of the ride, in much the same way that the seats on X2 (and other S&S 4th Dimension coaster) rotate. If this is true at all, expect to see the seats only move during this one element of the ride only… and will return to a standard riding position for the remainder of the ride.
Again, this is just a rumor, but it does match up with the rumors I was told a year ago about how B&M intended to add on elements and evolve this Wing Coaster design concept over the years with a series of baby steps.
So there is still rumours pointing toward this being another step in making a fully fledged B&M 4D.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

Rumours... But nothing solid bar wishful thinking...

Swear people just cannot seem to accept it won't spin...

ry1996

Mega Poster

Leofet, i read screamscape everyday when they post and On fridays update they said They had Most likely Ruled out that that is not going to happen

A

Anonymous

Still who knows, I have heard it myself in an IAAPA news article about upcoming B&M coasters, where it said that they were to use Raptor to test various spinning configurations to be implemented into future coasters (such as Swarm).

There might still be a hint of truth behind it, since I doubt that the whole story is something someone have dreamt up themselves...

We just have to wait and see...

bob_3_

Giga Poster

Of course the first drop is described as "head first", you start it upside down!

It's not going to spin, if it did Thorpe Park would've made a MASSIVE deal about it already! It's a huge selling point.

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster

^ I second bob_3_. If merlin were desperate enough to throw out, "WORLD FIRST HORROR THEMED RIDE", then "Worlds first B&M 4D" would be at the top of their list.

Hurri

Mega Poster

World's First B&M 4D would be a huge selling point... to enthusiasts.

The general public don't know what B&M is (a low-price shop in the midlands?), and if you say 4D they think of pirates.

aliman

Mega Poster

i would love it to be 4d, but its not going to happen lets all just face it, leave 4d to S&S

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

Hurri said:
World's First B&M 4D would be a huge selling point... to enthusiasts.

The general public don't know what B&M is (a low-price shop in the midlands?), and if you say 4D they think of pirates.

UK First 4th Dimensional coaster on the other hand... Especially since Merlin LOVE to have rides with gimmicks...

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster

Surely if the seats were going to spin,we'd have seen something about it by now?

And would that feature have been made more prominent in the videos?

Or are they holding out as a surprise for later on?

Yes all those are questions,so answers please. :--D

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

I highly doubt the seats will spin and looking at the pictures on the swarm website it's highly unlikely. Also, no ride at any Merlin park has spinning seats so it would seem unlike them to make a 4D.

Anyway, TP already has Colossus to make guests sick...

the king

Mega Poster

It's too early, from my opinion, for B&M to make a 4D version. Possibly when this ride and dollywood's one is made, then only will B&M start producing a 4D version. I think alton's 2013 coaster will be a 4D version.

ry1996

Mega Poster

Ime not sure, But could be. alton were Having a worlds First Again- Dont go in this leave it here as its going off topic.
Still not sure Thorpe or any park would be able to hide b&m Track they would need a large area.
any reports on that yet or was it just a romour ?

Mit deLuxe

Hyper Poster

CoasterCrazy said:
I highly doubt the seats will spin and looking at the pictures on the swarm website it's highly unlikely. Also, no ride at any Merlin park has spinning seats so it would seem unlike them to make a 4D.

Anyway, TP already has Colossus to make guests sick...

Spinball (Whatever it is called these days, and dragons fury?)

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

Spinball (Whatever it is called these days, and dragons fury?)[/quote]

I said Spinning seats and on spinball whizzer and Dragons Fury the whole car spins, oh well, they do do some sort of spinning!

Is it just me or are TP elongating the construction process? We still haven't got vertical construction yet!

the king

Mega Poster

^Give thorpe until mid-august for actual construction to start. That's when interesting thing's should happen. But, if it is true that track has arrived at thorpe, then we shouldn't have to wait for long for vertical construction to commence.

Status
Not open for further replies.