What's new

Thorpe Park | Hyperia | Mack Hyper Coaster | 2024

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I had a weird dream last night... That this turned out to be a B&M giga coaster!!!!

Either I need to stop visiting this forum, or I need to figure out who is spiking my drinks... Maybe both 🤷‍♂️

Getting my shout in for the giga - this is now mine exclusively, hands off.

I like my coasters how I like my disappointments. BIG.
Sorry, you’re too late… ‘I had a dream.’

I can share though if you like? 🤗

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
The nerves in this thread 🙈😂

Everybody is battling to manage their own expectations… It’s very entertaining…

I’m finally settled on it being one of these, in this order…

1) B&M Hyper
2) RMC or other Hybrid
3) GCI or Other woodie.

BTW It’s not just my missus, I’m seriously outnumbered here… Asked my daughter today and she wants a hyper too. 🙈

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
OK; my final personal prediction is:
  • B&M Hyper Coaster
  • UK's tallest coaster (unsure on exact height, but my personal prediction is that it will break Big One's park-billed height of 235ft as well as RCDB's figure of 213ft)
  • Opening in 2024

Georgie-M

Mega Poster
Not a prediction by any means but my final hope is for an Intamin/Mack mega. Ideally hyper size, but I would be happy with anything as long as we get a few big hills, some interaction with the terrain and lake in that bit of the park, and some of the fun non-inverting elements both manufacturers have been going for lately. Would likely be easier to fit into the space they have than a B&M too. Although, with the likes of Cliffhanger pushing B&M out of their comfort zone a bit, I would be interested to see how wacky they could go with a more compact hyper.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
OK; my final personal prediction is:
  • B&M Hyper Coaster
  • UK's tallest coaster (unsure on exact height, but my personal prediction is that it will break Big One's park-billed height of 235ft as well as RCDB's figure of 213ft)
  • Opening in 2024
My prediction is the same as yours, however I don't think they will necessarily break 235ft. 213ft is the record I think they will go for, she I'm personally expecting/hoping for something in the 220ft height region.

pvnks

Mega Poster
I'm betting ... (crikey this is hard), £10 on RMC hybrid with 20 pence each way on a B&M hyper just in case.

I've just got this nagging feeling there may have been a consideration at the conceptual design phase in not wanting to upstage the height of Stealth, I hope very much (and suspect very much) that isn't the case.

Excited!

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
I don't really mind what it is as long as it has lap bars, is airtime based, and has no inversions as I've mentioned millions of times before - but as it has potential to be revealed in the next 24 hours, I'll set them in again for one final time. Loads of wiggle room there for Merlin.

Bring it on. The day of reckoning arrives soon.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Maybe, just maybe, Thorpe will throw a curveball and give us the SPF Hamster Wheel we've all been craving in the UK. 😉

All jokes aside, it will be interesting to see what's revealed. Could be an anticlimax if not much is announced. Keeping fingers crossed that whatever the set up for the in-person consultation is, people are respectful of the process mind.

Going off comments online, there's a lot of expectation already. I fully expect whatever this is, some people will write it off from the moment they see a picture because it doesn't meet their insane expectations, whilst others will hype it to be the best coaster ever. Goodness knows what all the clickbait YouTube videos will look like...

Anyway, I'll throw in my prediction as the Hamster Wheel, because why not?

Fleetwood_Mack

Mega Poster
Obviously I'd also love a B&M Hyper, RMC, some modern Vekoma or Intamin monstrosity with a chaotic, never ending orgy of elements and launches and lap bars. But my money is on...

B&M Dive Machine.
102ft.
One single inversion followed by a weird turn around, maybe a cheeky barrel roll before the brakes - but don't get your hopes up. In fact, cancel the barrel roll.

And of course an IP from a movie or TV show that hasn't been relevant for at least half a decade. or maybe a band/music group this time? Jedward: The Ride. Job done.

I so badly want to be pleasantly surprised here but...

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Keeping fingers crossed that whatever the set up for the in-person consultation is, people are respectful of the process mind.
I think this is really important. I'm really excited to find out more about this project, first time I've been excited for the potential a new ride could have in the UK in a looooong time, but, this process is important and not for us (enthusiasts). I really hope no one who is able to attend in person thinks anything otherwise.

For what it's worth, I'm betting a B&M Hyper or RMC, but I fear they won't be Europe-beating versions. UK beating though, and I'll take that.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
To be fair, Stealth is only 60ft away from Shambhala, it's not too far off to beat it. I could imagine the cost of that being astronomical. Who knows. Merlin seem to have the cash now that they've gone private again.

Matt N

CF Legend
For what it's worth, fellow Merlin park Chessington is being allocated £60m over the next 5 years. If anywhere even close to that kind of money is available to Thorpe between 2022 and 2026... then this coaster could end up being something really quite special!

Archie

Mega Poster
To be honest i doubt it will be a B&M Dive Machine because I feel like it would sort of steal Oblivion's thunder and make it kind of obsolete and dated