What's new

Thorpe Park | Hyperia | Mack Hyper Coaster | 2024

Dawg

Roller Poster
Are we looking at the same ride? literally every element looks to pull some sort of air.
- Steep 180º twist drop
- Hyperion esque twist and dive which will pull air on the hill leading in
- Outerbank wave turn into a dive loop which will pull air
- What looks like a hangtime dive loop
- Outerbank
- Straight airtime hill
I was thinking more along the lines of pure airtime elements such as smaller hills etc. But you're right, it does look as though those other elements could deliver some good airtime.

Doublethink

Roller Poster
Lot of buthurt people that this isn't just endless camelbacks. Tbh this looks like a very interesting layout with the potential for great ejector airtime which there is basically none of in the UK.

B&M hypers are fun but are a one trick pony- floater hills- this is far more interesting to me and likely to have a good mix of ejector, floater, hang time and laterals

spicy

Giga Poster
Yea true takes the big ones crown. I guess UK’s tallest and world’s biggest inversion?

Does anyone look at this huge crazy Mack and not wish it was any of the rumoured RMC/B&M/GCI though? Probably not.

Fleetwood_Mack

Mega Poster
It's certainly as short as I assumed. Would I like a slightly longer layout featuring a bunch of small chaotic hills and twists? Yes. But also - screw it. I'll take it. Bring it on. Gimme that Hyper 🥳

Please be a Mack!

Luca B

Mega Poster
Yea true takes the big ones crown. I guess UK’s tallest and world’s biggest inversion?

Does anyone look at this huge crazy Mack and not wish it was any of the rumoured RMC/B&M/GCI though? Probably not.
This mack will probably be better than any GCI or B&M ever made except fury 325. I honestly prefer it to an RMC as it is more unique, and mack has been killing it recently with flash, DCR and RTH. Even RTH only has 5 moments of airtime, but they all deliver strong, high quality airtime, and I have no doubt that this coaster will do the same. Honestly love the look of the firsy half with the twisting drop and the whippier elements, it seems like a combination of some of Mack’s best elements and some elements from Intamin’s recent coasters as well.

davidm

Strata Poster
It looks.....

OK.

I'm sure it'll be fine.

Shame that the opportunity for a real big out and back down the length of the park isn't on the table, they make a lot of noise about the design being constrained into that space but I still think that they could have done something more "expansive" (and longer!).

If they pull out a T-Rex at the last moment I may revise my opinion, but for now its all a bit compromised. ;)

Tom P

Roller Poster
They really had to think outside the box to desing such a large coaster in such a limited space and I totally like the uncoventional design. The 180° twisted drop is a really clever solution and I think it would definitely provide good ejector. The layout has by necessity sharp pullouts whichshould provide good positives, and almost every element looks like it will have some airtime.

Speaking of elements, can anyone describe the exact layout? To me it looks like: 180° drop - large Immelmann thingy (1st inversion) - Top hat/outside bank turnaround - dive loop/raven turn (2nd inversion) - outside bank hill - final camelback.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
I’m surprised people are actually impressed with this?

The amount of wasted potential is crazy, why is it so short? Absolutely nothing at Thorpe has a decent length to it, I don’t know why I excepted more from Merlin and Thorpe because realistically we should’ve know this was going to be a huge letdown…

peep

CF Legend
I'll start with the negatives, it looks like it is massively under-utilising the site, especially with how high they're going. Merlin gotta gimmick, hopefully one day they can just build a solid attraction without trying to get a "World's first" or record that no one cares about.

Aside from that it looks imposing and has some very unusual things going on. My first instinct was that this was another S&S like Steel Curtain but like others have said, most of the manufacturers can build like that. I'm not too fussed with who builds it, as long as it's reliable and smooth and I think most of the potential manufacturers can provide that experience now.

Looks like it should at least be fun.

Coasterfreck

Mega Poster
I also don't see the issue with it being short. Zadra is widely praised despite it being agonisingly short.
Zadra is not short though, it’s 4,317.6 ft, the longest coaster at Thorpe is currently Colossus at 2,877.7 ft. This doesn’t look like it will be longer than Colossus, despite the heights and that’s what I think is the biggest shame.