What's new

Thorpe Park | Hyperia | Mack Hyper Coaster | 2024

CineramaMax

Mega Poster
Seeing a lot of people jump on the 'omg it's gold' wagon, which seems to overlook the fact that it will be "pearl gold", which is more 'brown' than the traditionally thought of 'gold' colour in my opinion...

View attachment 24705

Whatever theme/style they're going for, it's obviously going to be very light. There's no major theming pieces in the plans. The station building is very simple. That's not to say there'll be no theming, but it's simply going to be minimal. That's fine with a coaster like this too imo.

I don't think an Egyptian theme does it for me. Something like that could work well at Thorpe, but not for this. This ride is ALL about the height, tacking on some Egyptian hieroglyphics and whatever doesn't hit the spot for me.

Some sort of soaring bird over nature would be much better. Simple, easy to understand, makes sense. Just ticks all the boxes.

The gold looks a bit brighter when it's painted on real metal, but yes it's definitely not the kind of gold that people expect. Hence why I believe it's aesthetically themed on the firebird's flight over the Canadian Rockies, with the white paint resembling snow on the mountainous terrain.

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
I agree with them that backwards would be better than spinning on this one. I think spinning lends itself better to a launched ride like Icon & Steel Taipan where the force of the launch + the weight distribution starts the spinning. Having done Ride to Happiness, my absolute favorite laps were in the back car, taking the drop backwards. Such an awesome feeling getting RIPPED down a vertical drop backwards.

That's not to say that spinning wouldn't be crazy good either. Just saying that beyond vertical, 180* twisting drop taken backwards would be one of the best moments aaaaanywhere on the planet, and I'd rather it be that.

Niles

Giga Poster
I hope that is just has standard seating, I like looking forward more than backwards but if I had to choose between a backwards or spinning back row it would be backwards seats. I found Icon good but not to forceful, A spinning seat sounds like it ups the thrill, I don't think Exodus will have the problem of needing more thrill 😅 I feel like a backwards seat would be insane enough.

Also while marketing has not officially started, some banners have gone up round the site and some signage has gone up on the construction offices.
2.PNG
1.PNG

Source

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
I agree with Coaster Studios. The layout would be far better suited to a backward seat rather than spinning. Imagine getting yanked down that drop backward?

Knowing Merlin, I'd be surprised if they don't do it. They love an extra marketing gimmick and obviously it would be yet another upcharge for them. Although they'd perhaps wait a couple of years to make it more marketable.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
1.PNG
Project Taking To New Exodus Thrills Heights.

Eh?

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
Not sure where all this talk of upcharging has come from, have Merlin ever upcharged for a roller coaster? Swarm "brave it backwards" was free, no upcharge at Chessington for MM this year either.
Its a matter of time and this would be a perfect opportunity.

They're currently charging £12 to skip the MM queue despite the low capacity making it impossible for many people to ride by normal means.