What's new

Thorpe Park - Fastrack?

Tony

Hyper Poster
Well I may be going to London again soon and I am considering going to Thorpe but seeing as it would be in the middle of July in school tour season I expect the place to be packed!

If I do go I plan to buy the Ultimate fastrack even though it costs £50 but on their website you can only buy it with a ticket and that comes to a total of £98!!! How the hell does £50 and £28 for park entrance come to £98? And I can't seem to buy just the fastrack on it's own.

And does Saw have a fastrack queue yet? I don't see it mentioned on their site.

And one final question, do the fastrack queues just merge into the main queues somewhere around the 10-15 minute wait like they do on Nemesis and Rita at Alton?

Ollie

CF Legend
I've never got the Ultimate fastracks before. In fact I've never got fastrack since they've made you pay for it.

Saw hasn't had a fastrack queue for a while now. They had the sign up then took it down. Most of the main coasters just merge you into the queue just before the station. But smaller rides like Loggers, Rapids and Fish you get straight on.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Saws fastrack is open, sadly and working. It merges with the main queue, like the others.

Tony

Hyper Poster
Thanks, great to hear Saw's fastrack is open because if I go I don't have that much time so I would probably have to miss it if it had a 2-3 hour queue.

I still don't get the online booking system, they say fastrack costs £50 and online park entry £28, but they charge £98 for the 2 combined. Does Ultimate fastrack sellout on busy days or would I be fine to buy it on the day. I probably wont be there until around 11.30 if I go.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Im not 100%, but I think you can get Ultimate in the park from the fastrack stands (Colossus, Tidal, Dome) during the day. They normaly sell a crazy amount of them, but it will sellout. They do have a limit per day.

spicy

Giga Poster
They don't actually sell that many ultimate fastracks as you can re-ride as many times as you want skipping the queue. I know at chessie the limit is about 30

You should be fine I would have thought because I don't think that many people fork out £50 for the ultimate.

Seems strange they charge you an extra £20 to buy the two combined though, although this is Thorpe...

nealbie

CF Legend
I've used Ultimate Fastrack before and it's definitely worth £50 of someone else's money! :lol:

No seriously, it's great! Got on everything very quickly, just make sure you don't drown your receipt on Tidal Wave, some of the staff (not all of them) get really arsey when you have the wristband, but your receipt is a mushed up ball of what was once paper. :p

marc

CF Legend
I do not see how they can justify £50, rip off. Tickets you can get in the USA that do the same thing cost half that and there are more rides in the park.

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
On a related note, I'm going this Sunday - I know it's school trip time but am hoping large numbers of School trips won't be there on weekends? I was there on Monday 8th of this month and the level of people was ideal, am hoping it won't be too busy now!

Tony

Hyper Poster
Now £70 is a complete ripoff, an increase in £20 over night is a bit much. Explains the £98 price.

Don't think I'll bother with Thorpe now, think I will just stay around London.

Thanks for all the help!

marc

CF Legend
£70! bloody hell I can fly to Spain and go to a better park for less and stay over night.

And can you imagine spending the £70 and the rides break, do me a favor.

jokerman

Giga Poster
I'm beyond caring about how ridiculous these prices are getting. If stupid people want to spend their money then it's fine by me.

Ollie

CF Legend
I remember when they were completely free and you could get as many as you wanted for multiple rides.

Ahhhh those were the days. :p

Stupid money thieving parks.

Tony

Hyper Poster
Thanks for all the help and information!

I think I might actually get it now seeing as over the last 2 nights my tips alone cover the cost + admission + a little extra, so might aswell make the most of it :) .