What's new

Thorpe Park | Angry Birds | 4D Cinema/area retheme

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Jordanovichy said:
Detonator has got a new sign!
Bis9qQ6IcAAi4Zj.jpg

I think I get it?

The new Detonator sign is supposed to resemble a slingshot??

Lofty

CF Legend
That looks as much of a slingshot as I do… :lol:

My guess is it's merely just a piece of architecture that supports the new elements and style of the retheme and nothing more than that.

jj23w

Hyper Poster
Mysterious Sue said:
Yeah but that doesn't look like a slingshot, it looks like...a sign
In all fairness it looks like a sign, but I think kids will think it's a slingshot if they have a good imagination.

jj23w

Hyper Poster
Knowing them because it's Merlin it's going to be that sign as the final project with no angry bird.

jj23w

Hyper Poster
To be honest it's the way some people imagine it I think it looks like a slingshot but should of placed it at a different angle.

Lofty

CF Legend
jj23w said:
To be honest it's the way some people imagine it I think it looks like a slingshot but should of placed it at a different angle.
The thing is; theming isn't meant to be something you perceives to what you want. Theming is meant to be obvious, to tell a story without words. You're not meant to 'imagine' the harming to be something, that's just a complete waste.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Maybe that's the next big thing: existential theming. It is what you want it to be, or is it?

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
So I went to Thorpe on saturday and it's all going the way of Chessington. The park just lacks any sort of care. The whole place just doesn't seem to be cared about. None of the people who work there seem to have any sort of pride in their job or workplace, and it seems that any sort of basic repairs/cleaning needed over winter just haven't happened.

There's a massive birds nest INSIDE the track ties of Colossus' cobra roll, Nemesis Inferno is practically greener than it is red due to being covered in mold, along with most buildings. The majority of ride staff spent most of their time chatting rather than doing their job. It's just... Ugh. I don't see how any sort of upper management walking into Thorpe Park could possibly think "Yep, we're doing a real good job here."

They're heavily promoting Thorpe Park annual passes so people can come back and enjoy the new "Land", but I just wonder if anyone has actually fallen into the trap of believing that it'll be an exciting range of attractions.

Also.. The sign is just a sign. It doesn't look like a slingshot in the slightest. I have a feeling detonator will recieve a new sign once they open the new "land".

jj23w

Hyper Poster
Is the birds nest easy to see if its anything like the on rages vertical loop then theres a probelm.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
4k30ba0qg200006c90m200.jpg

It's just above the cobra roll support on the right hand side of this image, and it pretty much fills the whole of the inside of the track.

Joey said:
In fairness, unless it's a pest species, the birds nest cannot be moved.

I'd understand if it were in a tree, but surely there's no way a bird would continue to live here with a juddery coaster train zooming past inches away every minute each day?

I would have thought it violated health and safety more than anything to have a track full of branches, surely it could mess up the coaster wheels and cause a valley? =/