What's new

Thorpe Park 7th Mar. 09

A

Anonymous

Not much to say on this, just posting really to let Benin know nothing broke down, and Rush opened, and flying fish (not listed as open) opened.

Got back row first ride of the day of inferno, and the banana to ourselves straight after, one of us at either end. (Me & Bridge)

Can't remember the exact order of the other rides, but roughly got around 3 goes on Quantum, then
1 vortex and
1 colossus due to queues,
3 on Inferno (queues were short all day on this it seemed)
1 on RUSH,
3 on flying fish,
1 banana ride, 1 No Way Out
2 on teacups, and a birthday shout out because we asked for one even though it wasn't my 18th birthday and I'm not called Troy :p. SAW looks very nice, theming and amount of space to walk around it when it will be accessable.

Saw Peter and said hi. Always seems like you cant go to Thorpe at a weekend without bumping into at least one CF'er. lol.

Anyway, all in all, good day, no ride break downs, and not too bad for thorpe.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Myk said:
and a birthday shout out because we asked for one even though it wasn't my 18th birthday and I'm not called Troy :p.

Happy birthday, Troy!

Sounds like a much better day than what other CFers had on the opening day of the season.

A

Anonymous

Just on one swing, and to be fair the queue wasn't too bad. And the ride was a decent length, about 5 or 6 full swings. All in all a decent day on the Annual Pass.

marc

CF Legend
Can I just say something without being to negative.

People keep posted saying "nothing broke down", for a start Stealth is not open neither is Slammer neither is Samari. Now them three rides are the ones that break down the most. Also Rush on one swing is pants, so that ride was only half open. So all in all 3.5 rides out of 10? were shut.

Did you not go on Det or was that not open?

Btw Colossus did have a break down yesterday you must have missed it :)

So I just wish people would stop it with the no break down thing its getting stupid. I dont go to a theme park expecting break downs so is there any real need to keep saying that point.

Anyway cool report glad you had a good day :)

Rush

Giga Poster
^In Thorpe's defence, Stealth, Slammer, Samurai and Rush were not scheduled to open until the 14th March so it's good that they got Rush (half) open. (I know Rush was meant to be due a while back but they got it open a week earlier. :p)