What's new

Thorpe Park - 23rd, 24th, 25th March - TR

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Thorpe Park - 23rd, 24th, 25th March

Who went:
Me, Ash and Peter spent most of the weekend together, Jonathan and Stuart spent time with us at short intervals over the three days.

Weather: Hot! I'd expect that kind of weather in July, not in March!

Ride Count (approx);

Stealth x22
Swarm x6
Inferno x10
Colossus x2
Saw x2
Tidal Wave x2
Loggers Leap x3
Rapids x3
Detonator x1
Samurai x1
Saw Alive x2

(I think that is everything, I could well be mistaken.)

Getting back to Thorpe Park for the first time since mid October was fantastic, it's my second favourite park in the country and third favourite overall, and it never fails to put me in a very good mood while I am there.

The Rides:

The Swarm - The theming is second to none on any coaster in the country, the ride experience is very good too and I dispute that it is too short. It is not short at all, it is a decent length with a decent enough pace from start to finish, the first drop is certainly ''different'' and very thrilling regardless of where you are seated. I did have my most enjoyable ride on it, on the front row, but sitting on the left hand side is very good too.

Stealth - Fantastic ride, might well be a gimmick ride but it's a bloody good one! Good capacity, probably had the best team of staff on park and I really do like the WWTP Radio soundtrack! The decision to get rid of the SRQ still seems like a stupid decision IMO, I've never known it leave with so many empties.

Inferno - Very good, it has really improved since last year when I was starting to think it'd become boring and mundane! It was very forceful wherever you sat, front back or middle. The queue seemed to be moving quickly enough, but how they manage to stack the trains on the brake run every time is beyond me, especially when they make a half arsed attempt to actually get the trains full. Every day of the three, the staff on Inferno were a joke to Thorpe Park to be honest, on Friday they seemed to be more interested in prancing around the station rather than loading the bays to the maximum. I am at a loss how the Inferno staff year after year, fail to be able to dispatch the train in the station before the other train is back, considering the amount of time they have to get it all loaded, especially when you consider at Towers, year after year the staff are very well drilled on Nemesis and never seem to be stacking trains all the time, despite having much less time than what the Inferno staff get. I also noticed on Friday that for some bizarre reason they decided to take a train off as the place was getting busier, seemed like a strange decision. Saturday & Sunday saw different teams on there but still poor staff, who again like on Friday seemed incapable of counting to four and filling the rows, on one occasion a train was sent out with eight empty seats, which is poor. Overall, great ride, poor staff.

Tidal Wave - If only this was at PB instead of Valhalla, such a fun water ride!

Loggers Leap - Quality ride, just wish there was more Log Flume attractions like this in the country!

X:/No Way Out - I hadn't done it for years, it is a fun ride but with a bit of money spent on it, it could be so much better.

I have nothing else to add about the rides, but I will say that I don't feel like Thorpe is being "M£rlinised" too much, which I was fearing after all the price increases at Merlin attractions in the last year or so.

Here is my video from the weekend;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp0pkFhd ... ature=plcp

I accept that not everyone will like the music, but you can't please everyone! :)