What's new

Thorpe Park 21st May 2011

Benson1997

Roller Poster
thorpe_park_logo.jpg

Thorpe Park 21st May 2011​
Hello CF'ers

On Saturday i visited Thorpe Park for the first time in 2 years, and this time i tried all the major rides and didnt chicken out of any of the coasters :)

Me and my friend Liam arrived at Thorpe Park at 9:45 only to find that the park had been open for 15 mins, even though on there website it said that it was opening at 10am.

We ran straight for Stealth and by this time i was s*i*ti*g myself!

DSC03070.jpg

We queued for the front and that gave me more time to calm myself and prepare, but just watching people's faces at the front made me even more scared. We queued for about 30 mins and then we were on, my mate who had kept a cool head till now was now cursing :L , just looking down at the track was painful.
Then it was 3,2,1 Go Go Go and i left my heart behind, i loved, its was an amazing feeling.
After we rolled into the station, Stealth broke down and we were sitting talking about how good it felt for at least 15 mins! A truly amazing ride

DSC03071.jpg

Well after that we walked over to Saw - The Ride and saw that it already had a hour wait but it looked good so we said its probably going to be worth it!
DSC03075.jpg

We had been in the queue for about 5 mins and then the announcer said that Saw had broken down and could be down for some time, it was 20 mins after that it was back up and running.
DSC03072.jpg

My mate Liam!

Then... It broke down again! This time only for the 5 mins, but i was beginning to think that the day was going to be pure s*it.

We got on, in the front row, i saw the indoor drop, but i didn't know it was vertical as well! I got the shock of my life when that happened. The heartline twist was pretty cool too. I didnt like going up vertically! It felt horrible!
SawAgain.jpg

I have to say though, its a fast paced ride, the drop was the only scary part for me..
In my opinion i dont know why it gets all that stick, IMO its better than nemesis!

We went over and had something to eat next, being typical boys we chose KFC :lol:

After we went and did loggers leap and my friend was impressed with the height if the 2nd drop! Its quite tall when you think about it!

Then it was this bad boy!
P1000256.jpg

Tidal Wave, this ride gets you so wet, i love this ride, i was on this when i was 6!
The best water ride at Thorpe IMO
P1000250.jpg

Then we went back on saw!
DSC03076.jpg

DSC03081.jpg

That ride is out of this world!

After that it was about 4pm and we hadn't done much, so we went over to Nemesis Inferno, last time i was sick when i came off this ride, so i wasn't overly fussed if we didn't do it...
P1000232.jpg

P1000241.jpg

Lool Liam in the Nemesis queue
It wasent too bad actually, not better than Stealth or Saw but still a pretty neat ride, i find it quite forceful!
P1000248.jpg

It was now 5pm and we walked over to Colossus and got in the front row queue.
Wow! dont listen to anyone until you've tried this ride yourself, its amazing at the front! Its still a bit bumpy but its not bad enough to put you off the ride!
P1000242.jpg

We went for another ride as it was now 5:45 and we both said it was our favourite ride so far. This time we got in the 4th car it wasn't as good but still pretty awesome
P1000243.jpg

And thats it, ill leave you with my ride count for the day, my top 5 favourite rides after saturday and a few more pics, hope you enjoyed it!

Ride Count​
Saw - the Ride X2
Loggers Leap X2
Colossus X2
Nemesis
Tidal Wave
Stealth​

Top 5 Favourite Rides​
1. Colossus!
2. Saw - The Ride!
3. Stealth!
4. Nemesis Inferno!
5. Dragons Fury!​

DSC03083.jpg

DSC03074.jpg

DSC03085.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Great, you got the pictures working!

Nice report. It seems like you had a pretty good day and weren't spited by Thorpe too badly, but:

IMO its better than nemesis!
Careful now... ;)

peep

CF Legend
Cool trip report and glad you had a good time despite the several break downs and long queues. Looks like you had some decent weather too!

A lot of us on here put Thorpe down a lot but I think that's down to us going there too much over the years. I agree that Saw is a good ride but I wouldn't say it's better than Nemesis, each to their own I suppose :p

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^This.

I like Thorpe, and it's probably because I've only been the 3 times in about 4 years. It's nice to see a report from someone who hasn't been themselves for a while, instead of the repetitious rubbish we tend to get from people who go every **** ing weekend.

I agree that Saw gets way too much crap as well. Maybe it's a height/body shape thing, but I've never had the same issues with Eurofighters as a lot of people have, and Saw is actually one of the better ones in terms of layout.

Better than Nemesis though? That's just being silly.

Kebab

Giga Poster
Great report! But seriously, do you really think Tidal Wave is the best water ride in the entire park? :? If anything it's just eye-candy, the drop on that ride is worthess. Loggers Leap is better! :D

And I do agree with you on Saw: The Ride, it's a brilliant coaster! And I do think the layout is rather surprising :) I wouldn't say it's better than Nemesis, however.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Phew! Thank goodness for that! :p