What's new

Thorpe Birthday Bash Trip Reports

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Today was an awesome trip. I'd just like to say thanks to everybody that came along!!

When we got there in the morning, we saw the queue at the entrance and thought...busy. But it wasn't too bad at all. We didn't see anybody so we ran to Saw and got on the first set of cars. Then we all met up. Its all a bit of a blur for me after that with all the fun with you guys.

Combined RC with ride stuff today:

Saw x3 - 2 Back, 1 Front. Was a bit sluggish trimmed, but it was alright. Still lovin' the inside drop!
Stealth x7 - Mass riding at the end was fun.
Inferno x1 - Running super good.
Colossus x1 - Running rather smoothly.
Rush x1
Slammer x1
Loggers x1
Det x1 - With Ewan's early release :)

Now yal can all do your trippys here.... :wink:

Mark

Strata Poster
FANTASTIC DAY. I now remember how I used to have so much fun at Thorpe. It is very much about having ALL of the rides open and being with a great bunch of people. You all lifted the place for me today. Cheers to all.

Anyways, my eyes are really sore, my body aches and I am exhausted, so I am not touching any photos or any further thoughts just yet.........

marc

CF Legend
What a great day, one of the best at Thorpe by quite a long way. Thanks Leigh and Tina for sorting today out :)

Ride started with Saw but nearly did not. We all headed to the fast pass area only to be told it was broken. Well I went mad and wanted to smash something but as Will pointed out everything in the area would hurt as he felt the same.

Well 10 mins later Saw opened and we ran for it and got on at last. My thoughts are in the Saw topic.

Slammer was next walk on as it had just opened, walk on :)

Inferno was next running like I have never known it to run, even pulling G though the tunnel thing best ride I have ever had. I think we all got off with a grin.

Next was Stealth and again running so well, missed this coaster for the last year. I think we waited 10 mins that was all.

I have to say for some reason I have found a new love for Colossus, its running so well this year so fast and not rough.

I can not remember the rest of the ride order but as you can tell I am happy which makes a bloody change after a trip to Thorpe.

I hope they keep this up all year and its a great place when its all working.

Great day thanks to you all for making it so.

A

Anonymous

I agree Marc Colossus was amazing last weekend as well, quite forceful, not rough at all and the speed seemed better. Seemed to flow much nicer than it has previously.

Beans

Hyper Poster
What can I saw but a big thanks to everyone who made Leighs Birthday a brilliant day.

I really cant remember what we did when but the company was great, found out how useful iPhones were as a boredom buster, what was being surfed for well ask Joey :lol:

End of day running for Stealth was fun but my legs are aching now, but worth it.
Saw was good again, spoilt a bit by the trimming, but that inside drop is really good, and effects were all working by the 3rd time round.

Ewan for letting Det drop on 3, I'll get him for that.

Ride reliability wasn't really and Issue, Saw had some down time, but we got on. Others were just essential cleaning stoppage.

Photos here

http://www.new.facebook.com/photo.php?p ... =604610277

http://www.new.facebook.com/photo.php?p ... =604610277

Saw x3
Stealth x4
Inferno x1
Colossus x1
Rush x1
Slammer x1
Loggers x1
Det x1

marc

CF Legend
One thing I will remember though is next time I ride Colossus is to make sure I take stuff out my pockets, having the restraint down 1 click is not the best idea lol god knows how I got away with that.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
It was good to see some of you again, its been ages since I've seen some of you and had the chance to chat as well.

We had a great weekend at Thorpe, not alot went wrong and I was really pleased how downtime was kept to the minimum.