What's new

Thorpe and Blackpool

Brookes

Giga Poster
I'm going to Thorpe and Blackpool Pleasure Beach in the upcoming weeks and have a couple of questions. Questions apply to both parks.

Are there photopasses for onride photos where you can pay so much for a certain amount of photos like at Alton? If so, at Thorpe, can annual pass get you money off? Plus, how much are ORPs each.

Anyone who has been in the past few weeks how busy is it and what are the queues around, as Alton seems to have not been that busy the last couple of weeks.

What is the best order to do the big rides, to avoid big queues.

Thanks in advance.

peep

CF Legend
Thorpe I can help you with, Blackpool I have no idea.

They do the same as Alton, the 4 or 5 photopass for £20. You can also get 20% off with the Annual Pass.

I always go to Thorpe and expect the worst possible crowds as it's impossible to say how many peeps decide to go on the same day as you.

Hope that helps :p

Rach

Giga Poster
I'm pretty sure Blackpool do photo passes. I'm also not sure on the price, but £20 seems about right and I think you get 5 tickets.

Picsolve have recently put their individual prices up at Alton and Thorpe from £6 to £7. But I can't remember from when we were there at the start of July how much they were.

Queues for Blackpool are never really terrible. And if they are, they move quickly. Longest are usually for Pepsi Max and Infusion.
Though, you'll probably be best of starting with Wild Mouse to get it out the way before the queues build up. Then take it as you please.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
^^ Actually, you get £5 off the Photopass with the AP, but not on individual ORPs.

Blackpool do some offers on Photos, such as 2 for £12 or something like that.

Thorpe is expected to be pretty full as it's summer. My only advice is to do Saw last as the queues are horrendous, and it's really not worth it.

Brookes

Giga Poster
Thanks for all the help guys. I will probably use some offers for photos and try to get some off with the annual pass. But if I get to Thorpe for opening, would it be easier to get to Saw straight away, before the queue builds up?

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
^ Virtually everyone will be heading for Saw straight away, so it depends if you want to run for your life really.

I do suggest doing it last, so then you don't worry about wasting time queueing.

A

Anonymous

Brookes said:
I'm going to Thorpe and Blackpool Pleasure Beach in the upcoming weeks and have a couple of questions. Questions apply to both parks.

Are there photopasses for onride photos where you can pay so much for a certain amount of photos like at Alton? If so, at Thorpe, can annual pass get you money off? Plus, how much are ORPs each.

Anyone who has been in the past few weeks how busy is it and what are the queues around, as Alton seems to have not been that busy the last couple of weeks.

What is the best order to do the big rides, to avoid big queues.

Thanks in advance.

I dont know about blackpool yet but for thorpe park i would probably say go on saw first if you realy want to or if not get the fastrack, The best fastrack is the extreme fastrack especially for inferno and sometimes for colossus. I would go on either 1 of those 2 first though (nem &col)and watch out for stealth opening at the end of the day. Hope this helps