What's new

Thorpe 2013

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
Screaming Coasters said:
I assume it has to stop and stagger the way it does, due to the train count? By letting the trains pass, the trains will complete the course too quickly and stop on the blocks before the station, causing a backup..

I would assume so although I think one of the stops had something to do with the old old themeing not sure though?

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
The juddering is surely not necessary though. That's theming, and can be programmed out? Which they should have done, because no one "gets" it.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
Screaming Coasters said:
But then you'd still have to stop.. I'd rather it do something, than just block the train.
Not necessarily, if you were going to re-program the ride. Trim the speed appropriately so that the train doesn't overspeed through the next section, keep them as block sections in case of a problem, and reduce the number of trains accordingly so that you don't have a problem with stacking. The effect on capacity would be minimal, and the ride would probably be better for it.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Yeah exactly... The ride time would be less, so the effect on capacity minimal.

I bet the on site engineers cant reprogramme it and calling vekoma in was costly and burdenous.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

Beans

Hyper Poster
X from going in to leaving

DSC07894.jpg

DSC07898.jpg

DSC07899.jpg

DSC07901.jpg

DSC07908.jpg

DSC07912.jpg

DSC07913.jpg

Now to Exit

DSC07916.jpg

DSC07921.jpg

DSC07917.jpg

Out we go

DSC07926.jpg

I got that photo on the 3rd it says Jan 2013, Hesther Rose

DSC07927.jpg

Coasterfreck

Mega Poster
I am also pleased to announce X has been reprogrammed and no longer stops on it's 3 Mid Course Break Runs, sadly as they are still break runs they do slow the coaster down a little, but the train doesn't stop, this has caused the coaster to run on 2-3 train operation as aposed to 3-4 and also reduced the capacity from 1,000 riders per hour to 900 riders per hour, this was according to an X operator.
Oh and all the old X No Way Out theming has been removed and signs have finally been replaced.
960036_458468444235759_1474201511_n.jpg

960072_458468397569097_1258723615_n.jpg

These pictures were taken on the 18th May, when me and my friend last visited the park.

Idlewild

Mega Poster
Happened at least two weeks ago, also as you can see in your photos all the queue signs have been replaced throughout the park.
ytezuren.jpg

Large banner style used on the major rides.
savuzure.jpg

Smaller round style sign used on the flats and the smaller rides.
resy6unu.jpg

And the big boards near inferno and X.

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster
I like the big boards but the actual queue boards, I wish could of been themed to fit the queue's entrance. Aw well, as least they're keeping the park fresh.