What's new

Thorpe 2013

marc

CF Legend
I think going up the lift hill backwards and not knowing when it will drop will be rather thrilling the 1st time. It will actually scare people who are scared of heights I.e me lol.

Yes looking forward to it as well.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
This is really cool. I already loved the fact that the back of The Swarm feels completely different to the front, this'll give it a whole new touch. I'm looking forward to what the new near miss will be. I'm hoping it won't follow the 'plonked there' look as other parts of the scenery do.

Well done Thorpe!

nadroJ

CF Legend
I think this will be the first 'big' coaster that I've ridden backwards? I don't think I've ever experienced anything like it, I'm really looking forward to it!

It would make sense for someone to sponsor X:/NWO, hopefully the extra money brought in by sponsorship could have been used to spruce the thing up a bit?

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
marc said:
Due to the fact the public were not impressed with it.

Thirteen didn't hit the right notes initially, then the hype calmed down and it's found a place in the good ride category...

This, is really a knee jerk reaction to it not being 'successful' enough for the park... I do love how the whole point of the near misses will now be pointless for those two rows...

I reckon it'll fall flat on it's arse and after Easter they'll revert it back...

marc

CF Legend
All they needed was a flat ride on the island to get people over there and add more ride theming.

Don't knock it until you try it though it might be good.

Going backwards on Indy was not good as when you hit the loop your chin went into you chest so I hope this does not have that effect.

Just hope they stay away from nemesis.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Ian said:
it's certainly something I'm looking forward to trying in March.

Or it'll be delayed until March and then you can go and be OUTRAGED!

trav

Mega Poster
I'm actually really looking forward to being on the ride its self going backwards, it'll be a very new experience, as someone else said I don't think I've ever been on a big coaster going backwards.

Louis!

Mega Poster
I find it weird that all 3 of these B&M's are going backwards at the same time. I wonder how it came about, I'm assuming that it was B&M that instigated it by approaching the parks rather than the other way round.

It's either that or one park decided it and others have followed suit, but in this case all the announcements have come in such a short space of time that it seems unlikely.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
A totally bonkers idea what they're doing with The Swarm, I really don't see the point.

I'll give it a try of course, but right now it seems very pointless.

Pierre

Strata Poster
Hahahaha I love this, as Joey said way back on page 2 or 3, its like one of those ridiculous rumours a ride op will make up that never comes off, but they've done it. I love it.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Going backwards on Indy was not good as when you hit the loop your chin went into you chest so I hope this does not have that effect.

Indy has a very small, forcefull loop. It's horrific (but great) going forwards too. I'm sure this wont be anything like that.