What's new

Thorpe 11th june

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
Not sure if anyone's interested, so I'll keep it brief. Went thorpe, rode saw first time, back is crap, front is awesome, Discovered that I really like depth charge, went on lots of rides, went home.

Went with peep, the guy called patrick whose cf name I can't remember, airtimecadet, and another friend.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
What a crap report.

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
Well sorry. I could have waffled on about how we went on this ride or that ride but you've probably heard every single bit before, so I kept it nice and short and to the point.

There was one interesting thing I noticed about the park though. All rides need to become more interactive. Now that I've whored most rides to the point of becoming bored on them, the rides I found most interesting were samurai, rapids, teacups and depth charge.

I'm thinking this is because they are the ones where you can actually control your ride experience slightly, or the ride experience is naturally slightly different each time. Also, being able to share it with your friends is important. Also, I really enjoy the buttons on wave surfer at legoland that let you splash other people, and I think that they would be one of the only things to convince me to go again. If thorpe removed the £1 charge from the guns on tidal wave and loggers leap, the same would apply there.

I know that most thorpe goers will not have whored the rides so much and will still enjoy them a lot, so may not be as interested in more 'fun' sides, but the families will enjoy them as an alternative to big thrill rides, and anyone in a group will have fun getting each other wet. Plus, the water cannons, as far as I know, are not an expensive installment, and would be great to run as free, as well as a few other interactive things. Legolands jets work especially well as they are more imaginative and require more skill to soak people.

So yeah. More interactiveness. Isn't exactly a trip report, but I thought that my idea would be more interesting than telling you exactly what we did whilst we waited in the queueline for saw to be fixed (not much).

peep

CF Legend
^I concur with Ian. This trip needs to be reported on an awesome level, it was too good just to only say a few words. So I put together a massive PTR for you lovely peeps :D

I'll start by posting an embarrassing photo of Patrick easting a bagel on the train to Staines :p

DSC03861.jpg

We got to the park and it looked like it was going to be semi-busy. Luckily the crowds didn't really create long queues, makes a change. I thought it would be best to head to Inferno or Stealth first rather than Saw as it was already getting everyone's attention which left the rest of the park empty.

Stealth was first and we had to wait ages...haha, not really, it was walk on :p

DSC03862.jpg

DSC03866.jpg

DSC03868.jpg

Patrick also decided to get a drink from this vending machine. It decided that paying for one drink should mean you get two! Made it an even better start to the day.

DSC03864.jpg

Next up was Inferno which was also walk on :p We both opted for back row. Here is a terrible pic of the station, the peeps you see in the pic were the only peeps in the queue (until we got back into the station).

DSC03869.jpg

Detonator was next. It was also walk on. We had already been on more rides than we did for the entire CF Live back in March.

DSC03908.jpg

Next we did Rush. We only had to wait about 5 mins and it was awesome, I don't think I've had the restraint so far away from me before, got major air time.

DSC03872.jpg

We then opted for Vortex. Which was in a mediocre mood. Some school kids were amusing.

DSC03875.jpg

DSC03877.jpg

It was then time for a drink and bench credit. We had only been in the park for an hour and we were already worn out lol. Here is us loving up the bench credit...
DSC03878.jpg

After sitting down for a refreshing drink we walked past collosucks and Saw which had the longest queues in the park (40 mins).

DSC03879.jpg

We went into Canada Creek for Loggers. It was wet.

DSC03881.jpg

DSC03884.jpg

Patrick got rather moist as he sat in the front of the log :p

DSC03885.jpg

I saw saw!

DSC03880.jpg

I then saw a duck eat a piece of chicken!

DSC03887.jpg

Next up was our favourite ride of the day...banana boat! The ride op was quite depressed but at the same time was quite amusing.

DSC03889.jpg

DSC03888.jpg

It was then time for Rumba Rapids. We got a little wet but not much. We also spotted Patrik (Ingested Banjo) and friends in the queue as we were coming back into the station.

DSC03899.jpg

DSC03900.jpg

DSC03901.jpg

We waited a little bit for Patrik and friends to come off and we all went over to ride Saw. This was Patrick's (Mission 2) first time on Saw, he loved it.

DSC03902.jpg

It was now time for food. We split up again so me and Patrick went to the Glass house in the dome, it was tasty and played awesome 80s tunes.

DSC03903.jpg

We then met back up outside Vortex, so here is a pic of Vortex. You love it.
DSC03905.jpg

Much to Patrik's disappointment the majority vote for the next ride was Flying Fish :p

DSC03906.jpg

Our next ride was Depth Charge. It had a 5 minute queue which was nice. We all got quite wet on it :p

DSC03913.jpg

We then went and did X:WTF which was good fun. I even shouted boogies out loud which then made this kid attempt several times to shout louder than me. I can safely say I won :p

DSC03917.jpg

DSC03915.jpg

Patrik and friends decided to do Rush but me and Patrick (you confused yet?) couldn't be bothered to go on again.

DSC03918.jpg

So we took random pics, here is a sample...
DSC03920.jpg

DSC03921.jpg

DSC03922.jpg

Patrick and I had to leave early to get to a film screening in London but we still had enough time for one more ride. We decided upon Saw because it's good.

DSC03924.jpg

Upon exit of said attraction we noticed the 30 sec sample video, it was amusing and surprisingly had superb quality. We said our goodbyes and we were off.

Had an awesome day, the sun was shining, the queues were short, the sun was shining and effects on Inferno were back :D Great day!

nadroJ

CF Legend
peep your photos have made Thorpe look like a completely different place.

Your report proves that Thorpe can be quite pleasant, weather and crowds permitting. Glad you had a good day =D

Nic

Strata Poster
yay! Well done Peep. Looks like your day could've only been improved with a bottle or two of Brothers :)

peep

CF Legend
Vadge said:
yay! Well done Peep. Looks like your day could've only been improved with a bottle or two of Brothers :)

Haha, thanks. I now wish I had some Brothers cider :(

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
Ok well I'll be sure to post a mega awesome trip report on thursday, when my school 6th form goes to Thorpe.

And can I please point out that flying fish and X WTF were not my idea, one of my friends thought that they were good for some reason. He is a weirdo.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Brilliant trip report, peep. Really enjoyed reading that one (for a Thorpe report!).

And bugger me, don't you look older all of a sudden?! That's where I find CF quite strange. I've know a lot of CFers (particularly the "London lot") from their early teens and watched them mature into young adults. Sorry if that sounds patronising, wasn't meant to be. It's amazing how people change during their late teenage years.

peep

CF Legend
^Thanks. I totally know what you mean about seeing a difference, doesn't sound patronizing to me at all. It's really bizarre looking through pictures from the last couple of years.