What's new

Thirteen, Intamin ''psychoaster'' - Alton Towers 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
OR...

They could just leave it like PA did with Baco and let it weather itself out by the rain etc?

I hope to god they don't but it's a major possibility.

I do like the look of this. I just really hope it has the right impact. It needs to look good in the area, and also ride well, but also had re-rideability. I do hope for Alton Towers that it works, because I really do like the place. I guess we'll find out next year :).

I am looking forward to seeing a picture (I won't get there early in the year) of the new area at the beginning of next season, and seeing how it, hopefully, will have changed...

So, all it does is go backwards? No cool mechanism about the sensation of falling like that twat from thrill laboratory thingy was talking about?

How disappointingly ****astic. And the reversing part is outdoors too? Genius, Alton, truly genius. Show everyone in the queue the gimmick that will only work if hidden.

You appear to be confused Joey. There's no confirmation above of what's inside the station, or anything being dropped, unless I missed something.

I'd personally ignore what Blaze says in most his posts. I want to find out what it does the day I ride it.

Slayed said:
You appear to be confused Joey. There's no confirmation above of what's inside the station, or anything being dropped, unless I missed something.
I'm confused by your post.

All I asked was "is all it does go backwards" which from your post I gather the answer is "we don't know yet, we're hoping there will be more to it inside the station building" ?

I didn't say anything had been dropped In the sense you appear to be using it. If you re-read my post, I was complaining about the apparent lack of a drop mechanism full stop. Not saying that the concept had been dropped. Which is what I think you thought I meant.

PM-ed you Joey - Slayed

Joey - There is some unknown mechanism thingy going on before the backwards portion...

Indeed, they need to cover up the switchback, otherwise, urgh... Silly Alton...

Joey, that switchback is at the end to go forwards again. The indoors and exciting switch is still in the building and still not a normal switch. There are lots of pics of it already and the flickr ones don't add anything so I left them out. This switch will be out of view from everyone even if it is not covered. If you want I'll post all the queue and building plans.

Blaze said:
What I would like to know is why the tyres stop so early on the lift.

Because the trains will be long enough to carry itself over. Most, if not all Tivoli coasters are like this.

It's all slowly slotting into place!

The demon of the dark forest is a web host who, presumably, lives in a dark forest. Maybe it's the story of the company's struggle during the credit crunch?

Blaze said:
Joey, that switchback is at the end to go forwards again. The indoors and exciting switch is still in the building and still not a normal switch. There are lots of pics of it already and the flickr ones don't add anything so I left them out. This switch will be out of view from everyone even if it is not covered. If you want I'll post all the queue and building plans.

But it will still be giving away that you wioll be going backwards at some point. That whole section needs to be designed to be hidden, or at leaset partially concealed, from the public.

Blaze said:
I seeee. Thanks for explaining.

No problem.

Jokerman, the first one is indoors and the second hidden from view, maybe covered. Either way they are not visable.

And John Wardley's website has always been .demon. Sorry to disapoint anyone who did not know this and thought it was a clue or something.

Thanks Martyn, I thought that was what it meant but you have confirmed it there. Full sized trains it is. Two or three of them.

Blaze said:
Thanks Martyn, I thought that was what it meant but you have confirmed it there. Full sized trains it is. Two or three of them.

:roll:

I think if anything at all gives a clue to the train length, it would be that the train would have to be long enough to be able to get over the top of the hill from the last set of tyres, even if it were a fast/launched hill.
That way if ever there's an error meaning the train had to stop at the top of the hill, for instance power failure or blocking (i.e, the next train is still on the next section of track), then it would still be able to make it over the top when the tyres begin to move again, at whatever speed.

If that makes sense, I know what I mean!

Status
Not open for further replies.