What's new

These rides which need a soulmate

Kalistos

Mega Poster
After the completion of Mystic in Walibi Rhônes Alpes, I couldn't help thinking that the whole park itself eventually reached its completion and everything else will just make it compete with bigger parks. It feels like 2 top quality coasters is the magic number. When there was only the gravity group, the park was lacking of something. When there are two rides to chainride, even if they are of a small scale, the park seems more balanced.

On a bigger scale I have this same feeling with Katun/ I Speed ; Extreme Rusher/Crystal Wing (and actually a lot of the chinese parks which almost always focus on two big and very different rides) ; Black Mamba / Taron ; Troy / Fenix.

Which good quality rides lack of a partner to make the park reach some kind of completion ? and what kind of coaster would pair the best with them ?
For myself, I would have Nigloland in mind as Alpina Blitz, as good as it must be, is the only big ride up there, which makes the park still lack of something. If not an inverting coaster, I think a GCI wooden of a medium size would pair the best with it.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I deeply believe that Swamp Fox at Family Kingdom needs a soulmate. I'd most like to see an RMC Raptor, Skyrocket II or S&S El Loco installed at Family Kingdom, as there's space for it on the opposite side of the creek that cuts the park in two. Whereas Swamp Fox is a timeless, surprisingly aggressive and quaint wooden coaster, it needs a more modern counterpart to attract more people to this hidden gem of a park.

Y. Kim

Mega Poster
I think 2 different B&Ms are good enough to be loved. One is based on strong G's and the other is on floater filled dive

Kalistos

Mega Poster
I actually think the two coasters of Gyeongju World are totally this kind of great partnership. Now Draken has arrived, the park looks complete.

T Express would also need a soulmate of this kind. Maybe a B&M actually.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
I actually think the two coasters of Gyeongju World are totally this kind of great partnership. Now Draken has arrived, the park looks complete.

T Express would also need a soulmate of this kind. Maybe a B&M actually.

RIP Eagle Fortress :'(

Also noticed this trend of parks maturing into a solid ''one-two punch" in China. Even though this appears to change with Happy Valley Beijing adding Music Coaster, most parks never seem to extend beyond their original big combo of rides.

I'd love to see OCT East building a good steel coaster to complement Wood Coaster. Or any Fantawild/Oriental Heritage put a highlight steel coaster in addition to the familiar Jungle Trailblazer woodies. (Boomerangs and SFC aren't highlight rides imo)

Kolmarden is another 'we have a big shiny woodie but not much else' situation. I'm not sure if the zoo will add another big ride considering the legal wranglings with Wildfire.

And of course, I hope one day Legendia gets a fab soulmate to Lech <3

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Holiday Park is such an oddball with its one great coaster and a smaller clone coaster. Another major coaster, whatever it is, would establish this place as more of a real park.

I guess something similar might be said of Kolmarden, but that’s really a zoo that happens to have a monster coaster, not an amusement park that needs completing. Not to mention the environmental restrictions there.

But right now Holiday Park is sort of the Charles Laughton of amusement parks. Yes? No? Any cinephiles out there?? :p:confused:

Alex B

Mega Poster
El toro is the only world class ride @ Six Flags Gadv and kingdaka is fun but just doesn’t fill the spot maybe a blitz coaster or Mack multi launch near bizzaro with good theming or even an RMC Raptor could fill it but as it stands Gadv is one great ride and a bunch of good supporting rides

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
El toro is the only world class ride @ Six Flags Gadv and kingdaka is fun but just doesn’t fill the spot maybe a blitz coaster or Mack multi launch near bizzaro with good theming or even an RMC Raptor could fill it but as it stands Gadv is one great ride and a bunch of good supporting rides

Great Adventure is a bit of an odd case. It built a really great lineup in the late 90's and early 00's, but there hasn't been much to celebrate since El Toro. I don't think its lineup is bad per se, it's just that times have moved on while GAdv hasn't. The park really screams for Six Flags was to open its wallet again, and give GAdv another "destination coaster".

Also, please use some punctuation when you write. Long, run-on sentences are very tiresome to read.