Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A bit hazy on semi colons

• I dot my t's and cross my i's.

• Total voters

tks

Strata Poster
How many of you actually know when to use each word correctly? I see some shocking posts on the internet from people who clearly skipped English class. I do get quite cross when people get it wrong.

Another great example is your and you're. It's not that difficult!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I got an F at GCSE English.

Enough said I think really, but I do try. :(

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
I do try my best to get grammar and punctuation correct. It really puts me off someone if they speak using text language.

I don't get it correct all the time. I'm bad when speaking, I have no sense of the English language!

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
Hmm I'd say I'm good at spelling on forums and at school but I do use text talk on MSN or Facebook etc. So umm I don't really know what option to choose. :lol:

Ben

CF Legend
I got an A at A Level *smmmuuggg*

No, grammar is very important to me. People who get it wrong annoy me. THEY'RE annoying :p

A-Kid

Giga Poster
I am getting so used to MSN talk that it normaly follows onto here, coursework, facebook, everywhere. But 'There' words is normaly one thing I actually get right. Im not actually that bothered. As long as you understand why I say, thats all that matters.

Ollie

CF Legend
My spelling is improving slowly. I got a B in GCSE English. I've got a spell checker on Firefox that underlines words I've spelt wrong when typing too fast or any I'm unsure on. I don't usually get words like there, their and they're mixed up but they may have gone unnoticed when I'm tired or something.

kimahri

CF Legend
furie said:
I got an F at GCSE English.

Enough said I think really, but I do try. :(

Same really, except I got an E,D for GCSE english lit and lang (can't remeber which was which.

And for Ploddish.

WASN'T.

Snoo

The Legend
Ever since Lain became a grammar nazi, I learned how to use them properly.. in all situations.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm going to have to put Grammar expert. I got a B at GCSE, but I still know the correct use of those three.

Yep, and I never understood what was so hard about learning them to be honest. I'm always on my cousin's case because she's 19 and absolutely can't differentiate between the three of them.

But, I almost never make that mistake, so it's safe to say I know my homophones :p .

nadroJ

CF Legend
It just comes naturally to me to use them all properly. Same with your and you're. It really annoys me when people get the wrong.

Sam

Giga Poster
Yes, I do know the difference. It isn't being a grammar/spelling guru, it's basic ****ing English.

It annoys me when people get it wrong, almost as much as Americans with their ****ing "Bob and I at Cedar Point!" style captions.

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
Grammar expert. I actually annoy everyone in my English class at college because I'm always correcting people, even the teachers and their typo-ridden PowerPoint presentations.

Other errors that annoy me are "tounge"(tongue), "collage"(college) and "where"(instead of we're). ARRRGGHH!

Dave

CF Legend
Yeah I can be a grammar nazi, but at times I do falter.

The iPhone has a crap spellchecker sometimes, tells me to change money to Monet.

jokerman

Giga Poster
I have to say expert, especially since I get very annoyed when people use them incorrectly. Even if you do poorly in English exams, it doesn't excuse you from correct spelling and grammar.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I'm usually quite good at not making mistakes, Having said that, I am human, and thus, I am not perfect.

I am improving, certainly over the last 2 years or so.

Brookes

Giga Poster
I didn't really like English at GCSE got A in it though so that was alright, but I am good at grammar and know when to use colons and apostrophes etc.