What's new

Theming a coaster to a movie

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster
Basically if you had to retheme any coaster and give it an IP, what coaster would it be? what movie would it be themed to? and what kind of theming would you add?

SoCalCoaster521

Roller Poster
Back in elementary school I read a book about The Beast out at KI. It was a pretty good read, I recently just reread the book and it still holds up. Pretty sure they could do a decent job of turning that into a movie.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Yes! I read it too when I was about 7, which was right about when my fascination with coasters was getting started.

I assume this is the book you meant?

beast.jpg

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Moved (back?) to General Discussions. There's no poll or opinion to be had here really.

And just to get things back on topic, since it was going so well:

Basically if you had to retheme any coaster and give it an IP, what coaster would it be? what movie would it be themed to? and what kind of theming would you add?

^Read that ^

Nothing that anyone has posted since has actually come close to what the original post actually asked!

Intricks

Strata Poster
Silent Hill possibly?
Wreck-It Ralph if it has any decent/useable scenes.
Wall-E
Any of the Fast and the Furious movies (amazing dueling coasters there)
Jurassic Park. A proper one

Cant think of anything else atm.

SoCalCoaster521

Roller Poster
Well, my original post still stands, would love to see that book turned into a movie, then cross promoted with the ride, maybe give the queue some interactive stuff or something. Nothing really major, just some stuff to do in the queue that ties into the book/movie.

Somewhat related to the OP, i'm still waiting on a TRON themed racing/dueling Motocoaster, either from Zamperla or Vekoma.

Mark

Strata Poster
^I don't think Gavin was referring to you as much as he was the people just listing films.

^Read that ^

Nothing that anyone has posted since has actually come close to what the original post actually asked![/quote]

And still no one has...

Don't just post the name of a film. You are supposed to name the coaster it is that you want to retheme and how you would do it as well. Otherwise its just a list of films.

Hmmm, so mine...
I would take any of the Vekoma Motorbike Coasters, possibly Velocity at Flamingoland.
I would theme it to Tron. I would put it in big warehouse, that is blacked out. Add masses of blue gridlines and also have it so the bikes dive through the enemy robots and so on. Plus lots of laserlights etc. It would probably cause an eplileptic fit and I'd get sued by Disney but meh. (To be honest, that is probably the absolute easiest one to think of)

Another easy one, What about retheming Nemesis:Inferno a little bit to be an IP of that movie Volcano? The notion of a volcano in a city is kinda cool. Add in some wrecked carnage (a bit like Swarm) and have a mannequin that looks like he is half submerged in lava (like in the film)

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Mark said:
Hmmm, so mine...
I would take any of the Vekoma Motorbike Coasters, possibly Velocity at Flamingoland.
I would theme it to Tron. I would put it in big warehouse, that is blacked out. Add masses of blue gridlines and also have it so the bikes dive through the enemy robots and so on.

If rumours are true, that's pretty much what they're building at Shanghai Disney instead of a Space Mountain coaster: dueling Tron light cycles or something.

nadroJ

CF Legend
^*GROANS LOUDLY URRRGHHHH*

**** Tron. What a **** awful piece of **** film, awful idea from Disney.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
I'd theme RingRacer to anything directed by Michael Bay. seeing how they're both really expensive to make and loads of stuff just **** explodes.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
To go with my Zombieland, I would want it to be a wild mouse shooter. I think it would end up being a lot of fun, plus it would make a wild mouse rerideable.