What's new

Themed Smell

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
the smell of Cigarette Smoke + Cotton Candy + Deep Frying Grease = My childhood Cedar Point.

Edward M

Strata Poster
Ah yes Hyde, the stench of Cedar point. Fried Food, um... More Fried Food... Bit more Fried Food...

I love CP!!! :angel:

marc

CF Legend
Best smells are on soarin and Philemagic at Disney.

What ever they use it just smells so real.

The smells are.

Apple pie
Orange
Grass
Snow
Water

peep

CF Legend
The new Dungeons seems to use a lot of smell effects. I nearly died on the stench they were pouring into the queue areas the other day. Made me jealous of anyone that didnt have a sense of smell.

I think some smell effects work really well but most of the time it's for an awful smell which I just find really unpleasant. Clearly the best use of these effects is on DreamCred at Efteling <3 They even sell it as room sprays :p

Btw shouldn't this be in general discussions and not Q&A?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Moved to General Discussion.

A favorite smell of mine is indoor coaster musk. It changes from roller coaster to roller coaster, and definitely adds a subtle sensory level.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
marc said:
No idea what they use but the smell on the mine train at Europa is really nice.

They sell it at the shop at the end of the Zauberdiamanten walk-through. I like it but it gets tiring after some laps on the train.

T0M

Hyper Poster
What's the name of that stuff Alton Towers use on Hex and Thirteen? Something 'mansion' isn't it?

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
I absolutely loved the mix of the medical smell and the hex smell on the sanctuary, it was so errie having them mixed together, and it worked perfectly for that maze. Just like the marmalisation smell, which was grim, but did help add to the atmosphere.

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
The "clinical" smell in The Sanctuary's marmalisation room is cool. I also love that aniseedy/mossy odour in the Hex passageway.

Treeis

Mega Poster
The Saw queue line has a very metallic, almost industrial smell. I'm pretty sure they put that there on purpose...

Sometimes Ill be somewhere like round the back of a building, or near a construction site and get a smell of something similar and it will remind me of Saw.

Gazza

Giga Poster
Anyone else notice the distinctive smell you get in the Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland CA?

nadroJ

CF Legend
As a non-intended smell, I LOVE the smell of theme park water rides, especially PotC <3<3

Purpose pumped smells Soarin' for sure. Smell is such a nostalgic sense I think, and used correctly it can really effectively evoke intense memories and feelings =]

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Log flume smell is great, when you go through a tunnel and it's all damp and dank.

Love Hex's smell too but I get a bit tired of smelly mazes as you tend to be in them for too long.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
PotC is a themed intended smell. It's not real.

Saw is clearly not scent themed.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2