What's new

Theme park mascots

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yes, we all know there's a mouse representing Disneyland, Universal have their film and comic book characters and the Thorpe Park Rangers used to be a thing.

I'm interested to read about the smaller, perhaps independent park mascots - like Woody the bear from Pleasurewood Hills - or really weird ones. Do any come to mind?

10WaTT

Hyper Poster
Flambards mascot is Ferdi the Fox, he has a red waistcoat and wears sunglasses.

Wicksteeds mascot is Wicky Bear. Blue outfit and blue cap.

Pretty sure Duinrells is a frog.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

rob666

Hyper Poster
Henry Hound at Alton Towers...
Oh dear, I'm showing my age again.
They still have his stone fountain at the top of the gardens, but due to "TLC" it isn't working anymore.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Henry Hound at Alton Towers...
Oh dear, I'm showing my age again.
They still have his stone fountain at the top of the gardens, but due to "TLC" it isn't working anymore.
Tried googling said fountain but no results. Does it have another name?
Do think these Corkscrew balloons look fab though!
henry-hound-the-alton-towers-mascot-picture-id481648173

(Credit-Getty Images)

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Not too small a park I suppose, but Bellewaerde's mascot...

maxresdefault.jpg

His name is Lion; not sure why...

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Meet Fryd, TusenFryd's mascot. The name means "Joy", like how TusenFryd can mean both "common daisy" and "Thousand Joys":
13098950_1723695321205708_1908909957_n.jpg

tusenfryd.gif

I have no idea either...

rob666

Hyper Poster
Silver Arrow, the fountain is in the wall at the top of the gardens, on the left hand side as you look down the garden valley.
Noticed it was not running this year, and the stone trough underneath was dry.
It is sort of life sized, just the head sticking out of the wall.
I read on one of the sites that it is indeed the basis for Henry Hound, and was allegedly the Earls pet.

EDIT...google Hound fountain Alton towers...came straight up on the Towers Street site under history.
There is also another carving of the hound holding up a heraldic shield around the Hex site.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Probably not quite as lesser known as some of these, but Tayto Park's (and the Tayto company's) mascot always made me laugh:

10168135_10152060383207582_934749379_n-310x415.jpg

Smithy

Strata Poster
HEY THERE FOLKS IM WOODY BEAR JUMP ON THE RIDES PUT YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR PLEASUREWOOD HILLS IS THE PLACE TO BE LAUGHTER AND FUN FOR ALL THE FAMILY

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Silver Arrow, the fountain is in the wall at the top of the gardens, on the left hand side as you look down the garden valley.
Noticed it was not running this year, and the stone trough underneath was dry.
It is sort of life sized, just the head sticking out of the wall.
I read on one of the sites that it is indeed the basis for Henry Hound, and was allegedly the Earls pet.

EDIT...google Hound fountain Alton towers...came straight up on the Towers Street site under history.
There is also another carving of the hound holding up a heraldic shield around the Hex site.
Ohh right a Talbot hound! That makes more sense I was imagining a cartoony henry hound fountain in the gardens haha! Thanks for the info.