What's new

The Wild Frontier Theme Park

Darren B

Giga Poster
First Paramount Park and now The Wild Frontier. It seems you wait around for a new theme park to open in the UK and 2 come about at the same time. Not much has been mentioned as to what route the park will take but you have to assume that there will of course be some sort of Western vibe too it. There is concept art out there which I've been told will be be coming soon, but in the meantime here's a snippet from social media;

29af763c1dbc80a609d287dba5a8c0ad_zps873b9873.jpg

Are we looking at genuine competition for Disney here?

I'm really excited about this, hopefully we can find out more details soon!

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
From what I know, the backstory and ideas are excellent and I've become fairly close to Erol, but I shall not be releasing any information, but news and concept are will be coming shortly and plots of land have been approached with relaxed plannin permission rules.

What I will say about this park is that it WILL be better than anything we currently have.

peep

CF Legend
I'm slightly confused. Where has this new come from? How do we know the company is credible and it's going to be genuine competition to Paramount let alone Disney.

jj23w

Hyper Poster
As well I'm not allowed to disclose information the park will be better than the Merlin Parks. I hope Erols plans do come to light it will be an amazing park with good rides.

Lofty

CF Legend
What I want to post: Sounds great, can't wait for the park to open.

The truth: I'm a truly realistic person in every step of my life - I know what I can do and know what dreams are actually achievable and as much as I would love to be able to own my own Theme Park, I know it is never going to happen. No matter how many documents on word I produce or hours spent in Photoshop. Gaining financial backing for such a huge project is night on impossible from somebody who's not done anything like it before.

Darren B

Giga Poster
I'm hearing that the proposer of the park had Alan & Fred round his parents for dinner this weekend. I'm thinking this guy means business!

Ethan

Strata Poster
Paramount sounds better haha.

Spelling mistakes on a website with one page is never a good sign!

"rrademarks of The Wild Frontier"

Erol or whoever wrote that status at the top needs to get over themselves too tbh, arrogance isn't a great thing.

CJH21

Roller Poster
I like the idea of this, and can't wait for further details and concept art.
One thing I don't get though:-
What has this forum become, Erol was a well liked and respected person on this forum so what has changed?
Someone who is fighting for his dream who some people on here would/would have classed him as a friend of theirs, is now being set up for fail for doing something for the community you all say you love so much.
I think you should see what is planned before you all start slating what he is doing.
Quite shocked to be honest.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ Nobody is slating him, just taking it with a pinch of salt. We all wish Erol well and I for one admire anybody who is ambitious and follows their dreams, but the chance of this becoming reality is slim to none. We've all seen how difficult it is to get a park off the ground and be a world beater - Southport, Barry Island, Dreamland and Paramount for example - so it's no wonder that, if somebody with little theme park business management background offers something new, it raises a wry smile.

If it happens then we'll be there to support him all the way but, on the surface, how likely is it?

Darren B

Giga Poster
Ok, so here's my actual take on this, and I'll be as polite as possible.

First off let's talk about ambition. Erol had stated how you should always dream big, and that's great, but you have to be realistic. My dreams in life are simple - have a job that I enjoy, be debt free, drive a nice car, own my own house and enjoy nice things. I have 4/5 of those accomplished, and within the next year I hope to have all 5 knocked off by owning my own place. Then, and only then, do I start to dream bigger. Erol, on the other hand, like me, still lives at home. He doesn't drive (which is important if you're going to own your own business - you have to be able to commute at all times) and doesn't work. He earns money through an Internet click scheme. Now, I'm not sharing personal information here (it's important that I clear this up), as all this is viewable on his Facebook page whether you're friends with him or not.

Secondly, to create and own a theme park you will need no less than 100 million pounds. To make this a resort you'll have to add another 30 million, and to become the new standard of theme park - add another 2 billion. Where could Erol raise that sort of money? Well, I'll run through a few options;

1. Erol is either rich, or has an extremely wealthy family who will support him. Now, we know that's not the case (publicly anyway).

2. Public donations. This is the route Erol is potentially going down. He's setup a giving foundation to help him achieve his numbers. But let's put this into context - Stephen Sutton, the young lad who tragically lost his life to cancer raised 5 million pounds for further research. That's a lot of money for an excellent cause which touched the hearts of millions. Erol won't achieve that sort of money for a theme park, that's obvious. And it's still 95 million short of what he'd need as startup money anyway.

3. Financial backing from investors. The first thing that any investor will look at before they make an investment is the person who they're investing in. When they see they're potentially investing in a young male who still lives with his parents, earns money through Internet click schemes, and who's only theme park experience is as a ride op at CWOA - they'll walk (rather run) away without leaving a penny behind.

And finally, to round it up, we have to talk about the potential embarrassment that this involves. Now, Erol is a nice lad. He means well, he's polite, friendly, and will do anything for anyone. On one hand I want to say "go for it, dream big and achieve your goals!" But realistically I'm saying "stop now before you lose all self respect". He genuinely is embarrassing himself with this, and everyone's having a laugh at his expense. I started this topic without naming him (everyone else has however) in an attempt to show him that he's opening himself up for ridicule. It hasn't worked and it seems to have made him even more determined to carry on.

I hope that one day he sees the light and realises that going out and doing a hard days work is the right answer. :)

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
caffeine_demon said:
So - what's the link for the facebook page? A google search for "the wild frontier theme park" comes up with nothing!

Just search it on Facebook, it comes up...

I clicked the website link, came up with a Error 403, even the most low key companies know that if you're putting a link to your site in the public domain you put a suitable placeholder...

Of course many of us on here have not been privy to whatever plans have been put into place for it, but are these plans literally just of the park itself (layout, planned rides, etc, things that I could easily produce via a word document or paint)? What about the business plan? Because if watching the Apprentice taught me anything (and in current working environments as well), a tight business/strategic plan makes a company live or die...

I think Darren has pretty much hit the nail on the head about it all though...

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Nemesis Inferno said:
I clicked the website link, came up with a Error 403, even the most low key companies know that if you're putting a link to your site in the public domain you put a suitable placeholder...
There is: http://www.thepeoplesthemepark.com

As for the business plan, do you think somebody would share their business plan publicly? I know I wouldn't!