What's new

The Wedding - Marc & Mark Evans-Leigh - Photos Now Added

Mark

Strata Poster
I fully intend to write a full thing about the day but I wanted to wait until I have the photos to make it a little more interesting reading. However, this was published in the local newspaper this morning...

WeddingArticle.jpg

(Unfortunately family_furie had not arrived at this point :-( )

More soon...

Jake

Strata Poster
Re: The Wedding - Marc & Mark Evans-Leigh - 28.08.12

Congratulations again! It was a really fabulous day (not so much the following morning though)!

Looking forward to the photos, but not so much the videos of us dancing <///3 haha.

Nic

Strata Poster

Did Burdenous make it into that picture, or had she already buggered off to get herself locked in the toilets?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Congratulations guys! I've seen a few pictures on Facebook and you both look great and the whole day sounded great. I'm genuinely really happy for you. :D

Can't wait to see CFers busting a groove... ;)

Pierre

Strata Poster

Congratulations guys, actually gutted I couldn't be there - looked a fabulous day from the photos that have popped up! :)

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

Congratulations M&M! :--D
Wish I could have been there. So glad you were able to share your nuptials with so many friends.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

I was giggling to myself yesterday about maxi_minor_furie's fish tie.

Throughout the evening (because the furie's couldn't be arsed with the earlier part :wink:), I kept offering him some money for it. He'd stop to look at me, but as soon as I said the amount, I'd get a dirty look and he'd walk away disgusted. At one point, I offered him £15 but, no, that too was an offensive price. Haha! More fool him, he should've taken advantage of my drunken offer because I found one online for £7 delivered.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Thank you for the public link, Hoyer. Ahh, such a good day.

Funnily enough, Mr & Mr M & M Evans-Leigh will be here (at The Bell Tower) any moment soon. Hopefully they'll be a load more photos to see and some of the drunken blanks filled in.

Mark

Strata Poster

So now I have the photos I can write some kind of report…

After countless months of planning and having our living room look like the backstage storage for an episode of Blue Peter with paint, glitter and all manner of craft materials littered all over the place the day was finally upon us! The morning was actually quite nice. Ian was with us and was on hand for any last minute problems, of which there weren’t any… Well apart from not eating and so Ian got us some cheese twist thingies from Tesco. They were nice although it is bloody hard to digest anything when your stomach is in so many knots from nerves. Ian left us to get ready and of course, get ready himself. A few of the CFers were staying at the Southend LodgeofHELL. (I did try to warn them)…

I should note that some of these photos were taken by Martyn and others are from the Official Photographers Aaron & Laura – who I have realised do not really frequent CF so much these days so you probably won’t have a clue who they are…

So yes, CFers getting ready in LodgeofHELL!
IMG_2654.jpg

Photo by Martyn

Meanwhile, Aaron and Laura had already arrived at the venue (along with some of the guests) to take some pictures and get some video etc.

An arty shot of the confetti cones…
m172.jpg

Photo by Laura

And Aaron getting himself ready…
m168.jpg

And this is an overall shot of the soon to be full venue…
m167.jpg

Also being set up was the reserved seating for those important people who had jobs to do and so on. It was very tempting to include “from CoasterForce” on this but decided against it. Why am I posting the photo? Well, it is Ian from CoasterForce after all. (He was my best-man)
m169.jpg

Over in town the others were ready to go, well almost. You can always spot the CF lovers of alcohol. I wouldn’t call them alcoholics as such, to be fair, it would be an understatement. But yeah, you can always spot them, especially when they are standing in broad daylight swigging a can of Strongbow no less...
IMG_6796.jpg

IMG_6797.jpg

oh and also attempting looking like some kind of CF mafia crew. It doesn’t really work so much when its outside a ‘lodge…
IMG_2656.jpg

Very soon the venue was filling up and people were arriving… Can you imagine if they dressed like this at a CFLive?
m165.jpg

Simple picture of people milling around…
IMG_2660.jpg

And then they started taking their seats etc…
IMG_2661.jpg

Now, in case you hadn’t noticed in previous pictures, Ben and Jake decided that they would tend in full wedding attire… suits and all… They looked bloody fabulous imo…
IMG_2664.jpg

So with everyone (all 110 of them) all in, it was time to get on with it. Now I perform on stage quite a lot but nothing could prepare me for how excited but also how terribly nervous I was. It was like the worst stage fright ever. The moment doors opened to the orchestration of ‘When You Wish Upon A Star’ and I saw everyone stood there, the knots in my stomach when beserk and my heart was pounding so hard anything would thing it was attempting to knob a Thai Lady-boy. It was the best I could do not to ball my eyes out as I walked down the aisle, seeing all of the CFers looking so fabulous! I think this picture is as we got to the end of the aisle and the registrar (the lovely Nicole) started to do her thing… You can see that I am holding back the tears (not the simply red song) my eyes are already a bit puffy. Yes puffy, not poofy. We all knew that already!
m162.jpg

After a reading it was then time for the vows. Ironically, it was I that managed to fluff one of the lines instead of Marc! We had to turn to one another and do the whole repeating thing and again, I was concentrating so hard on not crying that I wasn’t really able to speak properly. However, I did manage to get the words out…
m159.jpg

and then it was le rings. Cue the ring & finger jokes…
m158.jpg

and an arty shot <3
m157.jpg

Now, when it came time for my ring, my finger was really swollen as I was soo hot in that suit. Naturally Marc had trouble getting the ring on my finger (cue more jokes)…
m150.jpg

And then it was the signing of the register and the opportunity for people to take photos of us fake signing a fake register (a whole boring legal thing – the fake stuff, not the actual photos etc)
m144.jpg

There was a couple of nice organised shots before everyone else was allowed to take photos. It felt like we were being papped. I swear nearly every single one of the 110 people had a camera at this point…
m180.jpg

I included this one because it’s the best men shot and it has Ian from CoasterForce in it…
m178.jpg

After another reading we were declared legally ‘Civil Partners’ (screw you, we are married) and were announced as Mr and Mr Evans-Leigh WAHOOOOOOOOOOOO. With an orchestration of Can You Feel The Love Tonight blaring out we made our way back down the aisle…
m50.jpg

m45.jpg

m42.jpg

Meanwhile, Karen was discussing something that I have no idea about…
IMG_6805.jpg

We made our way outside where the local rag wanted to take some pictures
m40.jpg

and everyone began piling out with confetti in hand… oooo look, there is Erol…
m33.jpg

IMG_6940.jpg

IMG_6950.jpg

IMG_6953.jpg

oooo check out the fascinator…
IMG_6963.jpg

and personally I think it looks like Dhillon is about to eat the stuff…
IMG_6974.jpg

there was a heck of a lot of confetti thrown…
m139.jpg

Ian appeared to have taken a blatant ‘throwing a drink over someone’ lesson from Gavin…
m133.jpg

but Ian is clearly not as good a learner as Rach, who managed to get me right in the mouth (cue jokes about my big gob etc)…
IMG_6989.jpg

IMG_7002.jpg

Now considering CFers are well versed in group shots, you’d think they would be the first to be ready for the first of the formal photos.
IMG_2676.jpg

Nevertheless, we managed to get in a few shots of absolutely everyone before it started spitting (its spitting, its spitting, everyone inside, its spitting [/peterkay]
m31.jpg

While we got ready for all the formals it was an opportunity for a fag break… well it was for some people… very sexeh Will
IMG_7021.jpg

Naturally we also had a formal with all of the CFers… Well we tried to… However someone was missing… can you spot who…
m29.jpg

m28.jpg

Yup, you probably guessed it right and you probably guessed where she was… Now, ya see, I don’t know what possessed her, but Sue felt the need for the loo… When doesn’t she? Perhaps that is why she is so mysterious? Well, she managed to get herself locked in the Visitor Centre…
IMG_2680.jpg

Nic (and pretty much everyone else) thought it was hilarious
IMG_7031.jpg

And she had to be let out by my boss…
IMG_7035.jpg

IMG_7041.jpg

Meanwhile, we were still doing some formal shots, including one with the Best Men. Ian from CoasterForce does scrub up lovely don’t ya think?
m21.jpg

And then we did some other nice posed shots whilst everyone else made their way to the reception…
m19.jpg

m16.jpg

m15.jpg

m7.jpg

m6.jpg

m76.jpg

m68.jpg

m65.jpg

m62.jpg

and thus ends part 1. Coming soon: The reception…

peep

CF Legend
Some really nice photos in there.

Once again thank you very much for letting be part of your big day, was absolutely fantastic.

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
I have to echo John, thanks so much for letting me be part of such a fantastic occasion.

Every time I picture Jake and Ben wearing their amazing fascinators I can't help but giggle like a schoolgirl. I don't think anyone else could've pulled off the look so well! Also love for Gavin's Marilyn Monroe tie and Maxi_Minor_furie's fish tie (wtf?!).

It really was no surprise that Sue managed to get herself locked in the staff building - for everyone to see at that!

Certainly not a weekend that'll ever be forgotten. Can't wait for part 2 :]

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Brilliant Mark, really good report and superb photos. It's not made up for missing it, but it's gone some way to making me feel a little better and part of it (it was good to at least get there towards the end and see the place and people).

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Ahh, such a good day/evening! I can confidently say that it was the best wedding I've ever been to!

fretboardpyro

Mega Poster
Man I miss so much when I don't check in for a while. I seem to get everything done in short bursts about every 4 months or so!

Anyhow, Congratulations Mark. It looked like a fab day and a stunning venue to boot. Here hope's a long and loving future together.