What's new

The TV we watch...

peep

CF Legend
Oh I agree. Piper can be a bit boring at times and Jason Biggs I find very redundant. I love crazy eyes, she's such a complex character. Omg and Red is fab, I want to know what she did to get in.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
While I really enjoy OitNB, I can't stand Jenji Johan. Let's call this show what it is, Weeds 2 with Botwin in prison. Every single thing is a man's fault or white people's fault and they should all die. Every man on both shows is a bumbling idiot with no backbone and just there for women to laugh at and be proof of how all men are pigs.

This summer has seen some new shows come in for me, start from the top:

Undateable- The cast has amazing chemistry and I am ecstatic they got picked up for season 2. I followed most of the actors as stand up comedians and when I saw the cast, it got me really excited. Chris D'Elia is fantastic away from Whitney Cummings, and Ron Funches is absolutely amazing.

You're the Worst- Show about a stuck up prick Brit who hates all things America, despite choosing to still live in America.Not a new concept at all, or much of a stretch, but the casting was done very well, and just a really funny show.
Married- Not as good as the other two, but still quite funny.

Under the Dome- return from last season, it's fallen off quite a bit, but it's all a build up to season finale and next season. Lovely.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
tomahawk said:
Under the Dome- return from last season, it's fallen off quite a bit, but it's all a build up to season finale and next season. Lovely.

I've been watching this too. The book was utter bollocks, an absolute travesty of work and a waste of paper.

The show is also pretty dreadful, but in a "car crash" kind of way. It's still 20,000 times better than the book, which says a lot.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I've read just the reviews of the books, and I still don't know how they chose that one for a show? I mean, yes, it is a summer show, but still.

Everyone hates Jim, but let's keep putting him in charge as we are a mob and he **** up the least and didn't murder his girlfriends husband a week ago and nobody seems to **** care!!!

Thinking about the plot holes makes me angry that I watch this dumpster fire.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Exactly Tom, but... There's something about it. The book as the same. It's the clever idea and watching how it will play out - then it constantly doesn't deliver but there's the hope that maybe it will...

peep

CF Legend
Ha, I started watching Under the dome but it was just too awful, reminded me of Lost. Felt like the story wasn't going anywhere. I think I gave up after 2 episodes.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
tomahawk said:
We watched series 1, it was ok, we've decided to give season 2 a shot but have agreed to bin it if it has no direction after a few episodes.

The 100 and GoT are being watched weekly via telly and are finally watching 24 from S1 via Amazon Prime.

Darren B

Giga Poster
I'm absolutely hooked on Judge Rinder.

For those who don't know, Judge Rinder is the UK's take on Judge Judy. However, instead of using a sassy old woman we're using Robert Rinder - A bitchy, waspy, snobby, fabulous gay barrister from Darlington.

imagejpg1_zps0b30f39b.jpg

He's AMAZING <3

If you're interested he's on Mon-Fri on ITV at 2pm.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
They are already hyping the season finale of Dome as a huge cliffhanger that will "make" the show be picked up. When your ratings suck, I guess that's the only option you have.

Pierre

Strata Poster
Darren B said:
I'm absolutely hooked on Judge Rinder.

For those who don't know, Judge Rinder is the UK's take on Judge Judy. However, instead of using a sassy old woman we're using Robert Rinder - A bitchy, waspy, snobby, fabulous gay barrister from Darlington.

imagejpg1_zps0b30f39b.jpg

He's AMAZING <3

If you're interested he's on Mon-Fri on ITV at 2pm.

Haha, we checked into a hotel on Monday and caught a bit of this as we were unpacking - got to say it was hilarious, he is so condescending when he brings in his 'experts' because he doesn't know or care what stuff is worth that people are claiming.

Didn't know he was from Darlo too, about 10 miles from me haha!

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
I am starting to like Friday Night Tykes. I am almost done with season 1 and can't wait for season 2, if you like seeing kids fall down you will love seeing them be tackled, lol. So glad they made this show, it will teach boys that they have to be men and not show emotion.

I like Doomsday Preppers. People don't want to believe that there will be an apocalypse, but the world has to end one way, and it may not be today, but it will happen someday.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
^Clearly you have zero idea what the show is truly about if you think it's about laughing at kids playing football...

The League came back last week which makes me ecstatic.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Just finished watching Daredevil on Netflix with MMF. We've both loved it.

It was good to see Marvel actually getting their hands dirty and producing a bloody and adult oriented show in their lineup.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

peep

CF Legend
Yeah Daredevil was great, had good action scenes and built up the characters really well. The villain was also brilliant and was so different to what we're used to seeing.

Can't wait for season 2, though we have another 3 shows from Marvel/Netflix before the Defenders mini-series and then after that we might get season 2.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I just finished the flash, and will be watching arrow S3 finale tomorrow.
The Flash has been brilliant, really good telly, and I'm not into comics at all. Most episodes were fantastic, season finale was so good. Highly recommended.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
The Flash has been much better than Arrow this season, but Arrow season 2 was excellent.

It's a shame DC are keeping stuff separate - I'd like to see it all expand into the film universe.

Gotham ended really well too after a shaky middle. Again, it's a shame it doesn't really fit anywhere.

Supergirl looks like a lot of fun as well.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Got the Gotham finale to watch as well, the last couple of episodes with the ogre were really interesting.

Shame this season of arrow hasn't been up to S2 standards but there were a few good moments.

I kinda like the fact the universes are separate at the moment, I'm still interested in the different shows so I don't think it's needed but the odd introduction wouldn't go amiss.

peep

CF Legend
I sort of gave up with Gotham. Might watch the rest of it if it appears on Netflix.

Same with Flash, but that was more because I didn't know that it came back from its mid season pause and by the time I did too much had happened.

Currently watching a fair few shows. The good wife is continuing to be fantastic with an excellent cast. Nashville has gone a bit soap opera-ish. Needs more music. Community has been dire, with the occasional moment of amusement. Thunderbirds still looks great ;)

Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrel is an interesting show on BBC1. First episode was a little dull but it was all character set up and then episode two was just crazy awesome (sand sequence is fab, guys at work did an epic job). Looking forward to watching the other five episodes, obviously seen a few spoilers at work but it just looks great and the cast are brilliant.

Game of Thrones has been a bit slow recently but it's all building up to the last three episodes which should be crazy epic.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Finished Gotham and Arrow yesterday, both final episodes were excellent, especially Gotham. I can't believe they managed to fit so much into one episode, next season will be interesting with Bruce's discovery.
Next up on the list is Firefly(which I started watching yesterday but the pilot is 2 hours long) and catch up on GOT as we've missed so much of it, as well as the weekly CSI LV and Supernatural. I think I'll star on Daredevil after Firefly, kinda need a break from Superhero telly.